I'll have two days off (but not 2 days in a row) while working in Melbourne. On my previous trip, I had an amazing four days, driving the Great Ocean Road and visiting the Grampians.
This time, I'm thinking about taking an organized tour on each of me days off. One day to Phillip Island to see the Koala Conservation Center, Nobbies Center, and Penguin Parade; the other day to the Dandenongs.
I'm hoping to find tours that allow a bit of time for wandering and maybe even taking a walk -- as opposed to hop off the bus, snap a photo, and move on.
Unfortunately, I probably can't afford a private tour guide and would prefer not to rent a car.
PS. I'm not interested in wineries or chocolate factories -- and it seems most of the tours include these.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Few days in NZ, what to do
- 2 New Zealnd 17 days--North to Top of the South Itinerary
- 3 Awesome NewZealand Trip in Winter 2016
- 4 3 1/2 weeks in New Zealand
- 5 Choosing Tasmania or Perth/ Margaret River
- 6 a month in Australia help please
- 7 AUSTRALIA
- 8 Winter tragedy on the Routeburn Track (NZ)
- 9 Help me choose among these Sydney hotels, please
- 10 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 11 Help us extend our Dec. Heron Island Tip
- 12 Planning an Australia trip, not sure where to begin
- 13 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 14 New Zealand and/or Australia - Nature sites, day bus tours?
- 15 6 Days South Island Help
- 16 Zipping through New Zealand with a Fiji Finish
- 17 2 days in Auckland. what to do
- 18 Visiting New Zealand/Australia in April
- 19 Connection Time at Sydney Airport
- 20 Choose a destiation - Oceania Island(s) for 10 day trip
- 21 Cairns/Port Douglas from Sydney
- 22 Snorkeling in Whitsundays
- 23 New Zealand Itinerary
- 24 Dining
- 25 Where to tay in Apt in Melbourne