I'll have two days off (but not 2 days in a row) while working in Melbourne. On my previous trip, I had an amazing four days, driving the Great Ocean Road and visiting the Grampians.
This time, I'm thinking about taking an organized tour on each of me days off. One day to Phillip Island to see the Koala Conservation Center, Nobbies Center, and Penguin Parade; the other day to the Dandenongs.
I'm hoping to find tours that allow a bit of time for wandering and maybe even taking a walk -- as opposed to hop off the bus, snap a photo, and move on.
Unfortunately, I probably can't afford a private tour guide and would prefer not to rent a car.
PS. I'm not interested in wineries or chocolate factories -- and it seems most of the tours include these.
Tours from Melbourne -- with Time to Explore???
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 NZ South Island February 2014 Trip Report
- 2 New Zealand: Cruise vs. Land
- 3 Sculptures by the Sea 2014, Cottesloe
- 4 1st time to Oz. Suggestions appreciated. (tripplanner001)
- 5 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 6 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 7 Gregory NP or Limmen NP in the NT
- 8 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 9 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 10 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 11 New Zealand itinerary help
- 12 Hotel in Sydney
- 13 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 14 Melbourne Drive
- 15 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 16 Sydney or Melbourne
- 17 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 18 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 19 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 20 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 21 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 22 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 23 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 24 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 25 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?