I'll have two days off (but not 2 days in a row) while working in Melbourne. On my previous trip, I had an amazing four days, driving the Great Ocean Road and visiting the Grampians.
This time, I'm thinking about taking an organized tour on each of me days off. One day to Phillip Island to see the Koala Conservation Center, Nobbies Center, and Penguin Parade; the other day to the Dandenongs.
I'm hoping to find tours that allow a bit of time for wandering and maybe even taking a walk -- as opposed to hop off the bus, snap a photo, and move on.
Unfortunately, I probably can't afford a private tour guide and would prefer not to rent a car.
PS. I'm not interested in wineries or chocolate factories -- and it seems most of the tours include these.
Tours from Melbourne -- with Time to Explore???
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 First time in NZ and only have a week
- 2 Songdoc's Tasmanian Honeymoon
- 3 Shoe Recommendations for NZ??
- 4 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 5 The Great Australian Adventure
- 6 NZ SI: Picton to Christchurch anywhere worth staying a night?
- 7 18 & 19 year old traveling for two weeks after 7 months in Brisbane
- 8 Must See/Dos in New Zealand
- 9 21 day New Zealand Itinerary with Milford Track
- 10 Songdoc - Skippers Canyon
- 11 7 day south island itinerary help, start/end in Queenstown
- 12 Moorea - Villas/House/Condo's
- 13 Great Ocean Road Itinerary
- 14 5 week itinerary help
- 15 Beachmere Australias most Unfriendly Town
- 16 Help with Australia/ New Zealand plan!
- 17 New Zealand Trip - Solicit suggestions
- 18 Margaret River, One Bite at a Time
- 19 New Zealand (South Island) 10 Day Itinerary - Need Advice Please
- 20 Ideas for holidays in Australia in January/February
- 21 This special community - Fodorville
- 22 New Zealand -help with itinerary
- 23 Traveling to Hawaii
- 24 Great food/local favorites
- 25 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA