I'll have two days off (but not 2 days in a row) while working in Melbourne. On my previous trip, I had an amazing four days, driving the Great Ocean Road and visiting the Grampians.
This time, I'm thinking about taking an organized tour on each of me days off. One day to Phillip Island to see the Koala Conservation Center, Nobbies Center, and Penguin Parade; the other day to the Dandenongs.
I'm hoping to find tours that allow a bit of time for wandering and maybe even taking a walk -- as opposed to hop off the bus, snap a photo, and move on.
Unfortunately, I probably can't afford a private tour guide and would prefer not to rent a car.
PS. I'm not interested in wineries or chocolate factories -- and it seems most of the tours include these.
Tours from Melbourne -- with Time to Explore???
- 1 Car Rental in Broome to Drop off in Perth
- 2 Internship in Sydney for 3 months
- 3 Sightseeing & transport in Sydney
- 4 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 5 Cruise New Zealand
- 6 Transportation from Sydney Airport to Four Seasons
- 7 Is Katafanga Resort Open Yet?
- 8 Logical Airline Schedule for 2014 trip.
- 9 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 10 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 11 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 12 PBS Movie"A Town Called Alice"
- 13 Two 21 year old students (male) travelling from Brisbane to Cairns
- 14 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 15 Paihia or coromandel
- 16 Emirates and Jetstar
- 17 Where to stay in Christchurch?
- 18 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 19 Travelling to Auckland - Who to use for car rental?
- 20 14 days in NZ in February
- 21 16 days all over New Zealand
- 22 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 23 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 24 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 25 Heading to Australia!