I'll have two days off (but not 2 days in a row) while working in Melbourne. On my previous trip, I had an amazing four days, driving the Great Ocean Road and visiting the Grampians.
This time, I'm thinking about taking an organized tour on each of me days off. One day to Phillip Island to see the Koala Conservation Center, Nobbies Center, and Penguin Parade; the other day to the Dandenongs.
I'm hoping to find tours that allow a bit of time for wandering and maybe even taking a walk -- as opposed to hop off the bus, snap a photo, and move on.
Unfortunately, I probably can't afford a private tour guide and would prefer not to rent a car.
PS. I'm not interested in wineries or chocolate factories -- and it seems most of the tours include these.
Tours from Melbourne -- with Time to Explore???
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 So much good wine, so little time; South Australia's Limestone Coast
- 2 Sydney 23 Dec - 1st Jan then onto Perth advice please.
- 3 14 day honeymoon in NZ. Itinerary help please
- 4 5 guys travelling the GOR in March
- 5 Please help with our first attempt at New Zealand itinerary
- 6 planning honeymoon trip in Australia in February
- 7 12-14 Days - Sydney and Auckland - January 2015
- 8 Tahiti? First time Impressions? Good French Polynesia Deals?
- 9 Paging Cathies
- 10 Transit time between international connections at Brisbane Airport?
- 11 Urgent help on 12 Nights South Island Itinerary
- 12 Cape Trib-self-drive or tour
- 13 Traveling between Australia and New Zealand in June
- 14 Weather ?
- 15 Wicked Camper: DON'T ever hire from them!!!!!!!!!!
- 16 Need Help with a 16 night itinerary in Australia with Kids
- 17 Itinerary Planning
- 18 Sydney - City to Surf. 10 August 2014
- 19 South IslandItinerary Help
- 20 Australia Trip Report with Pictures May 2013
- 21 Lazy, don't want to research on line..
- 22 Sydney for 3 days
- 23 Careful before booking any short-term accommodation on NSW Coast
- 24 Help -- tight flight connection in Auckland
- 25 Conquering Great Walks