I'll have two days off (but not 2 days in a row) while working in Melbourne. On my previous trip, I had an amazing four days, driving the Great Ocean Road and visiting the Grampians.
This time, I'm thinking about taking an organized tour on each of me days off. One day to Phillip Island to see the Koala Conservation Center, Nobbies Center, and Penguin Parade; the other day to the Dandenongs.
I'm hoping to find tours that allow a bit of time for wandering and maybe even taking a walk -- as opposed to hop off the bus, snap a photo, and move on.
Unfortunately, I probably can't afford a private tour guide and would prefer not to rent a car.
PS. I'm not interested in wineries or chocolate factories -- and it seems most of the tours include these.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand-2 days in Rotorua with Toddler
- 2 Middlemarch to Queenstown transportation
- 3 Food to Try Out
- 4 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 5 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 6 What To do In Australia?? Suggest Some Holiday Destination.
- 7 30 Day Itinerary: Wellington & SI - Any suggestions?
- 8 New Zealand Dec-Jan 2017
- 9 Recommended guidebooks
- 10 South Island Road Trip
- 11 Surprises in Australia
- 12 Sydney Airport Transportation Suggestions
- 13 South Island winter time-lapse video
- 14 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 15 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 16 Air BnB, a bit of a let down
- 17 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 18 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 19 Fiji Resorts for 5 nights
- 20 What is the best time to visit Australia?
- 21 New Zealand with a toddler
- 22 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 23 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 24 Beautiful Spots in Australia per Conde Nast
- 25 Something new to look for in Kaikoura