I'll have two days off (but not 2 days in a row) while working in Melbourne. On my previous trip, I had an amazing four days, driving the Great Ocean Road and visiting the Grampians.
This time, I'm thinking about taking an organized tour on each of me days off. One day to Phillip Island to see the Koala Conservation Center, Nobbies Center, and Penguin Parade; the other day to the Dandenongs.
I'm hoping to find tours that allow a bit of time for wandering and maybe even taking a walk -- as opposed to hop off the bus, snap a photo, and move on.
Unfortunately, I probably can't afford a private tour guide and would prefer not to rent a car.
PS. I'm not interested in wineries or chocolate factories -- and it seems most of the tours include these.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 January-March When to visit NZ
- 2 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 3 Hikes in New Zealand
- 4 New Zealand Itinerary Help
- 5 Australia/New Zealand 3 weeks
- 6 Tiger Air and Baggage Fees
- 7 Nervous American driving in AU
- 8 Domestic flights in Australia? when?
- 9 9.5 days in New Zealand
- 10 Milford Sound day trip sounds like too long a day!
- 11 New Zeaaland
- 12 Scuba trip Great Barrier Reef
- 13 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 14 HELP! New Zealand 2weeks July with baby (and pregnant)
- 15 New Zealand on our own?
- 16 2nd year visa extentiom
- 17 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 18 Sydney places to stay
- 19 Sydney in March
- 20 Help, 24 hours in Tassie to fill!!
- 21 Australia/New Zealand in 2 weeks
- 22 Help with itinerary! 2 wks in Aus
- 23 Box Jellies on the GBR
- 24 2 wks in Aus - need help with itinerary
- 25 Nelson, New Zealand