we're planning a very special anniversary trip to Australia.
It's our first time, and of course want to go to Sydney and the Great Barrier Reef (we love the water, animals, and nature, and feel like we would be foolish if we didn't see Sydney, since there is so much to do - definitely want to climb the bride and see Taronga Zoo).
However, after reading some articles, we really want to go to Western Australia (Perth and Monkey Mia specifically, would like to see Margaret River wine area, Cape Naturaliste, and Rottnest Island as well!)
Can you tell me if this is a realistic itinerary, and how much time we should spend in each area to see the highlights without feeling incredibly rushed. We have two weeks, maybe two and half weeks maximum.
Lastly, is something like this going to be very expensive, or do those muti-stop air passes this affordable?
Thanks so much, and I look forward to your replies. Please reply here, as my e-mail has been down. Thanks again!!
Too Expensive & Time consuming to go to Western Australia?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Mammals and avians in SA and NSW
- 2 16 days all over New Zealand
- 3 Second try for Australia Itinerary in October
- 4 New Zealand (Rotorua and Auckland) + Australia (Gold Coast and Sydney)
- 5 My Experience Traveling in New Zealand
- 6 When to travel to New Zealand?
- 7 The perfect exotic and romantic location for my girlfriend's 21st?
- 8 Advice needed for South Pacific ports
- 9 Tahiti Honeymoon in November?
- 10 NZ Proposed Trip Itinerary (Constructive Suggestions Appreciated!)
- 11 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 12 Cairns - boat from Lizard Island
- 13 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 14 Please help with New Zealand Itinerary - 12 days
- 15 Adelaide/Kangaroo Island or AliceSprings/Uluru?
- 16 Australia Trip Guidance Needed - Esp GBR
- 17 Best deal on debit/credit/cash cards
- 18 Small group multi-day hiking operators around Queenstown NZ?
- 19 Question about the "Build Up"
- 20 Buy snorkeling fins in Sydney
- 21 Tentative South Island NZ itinerary--what do you think?
- 22 3-1/2 days in Auckland .... Your personal recommendations, please.
- 23 Tipping
- 24 2 weeks in AUS and destination similar to Port Douglas?
- 25 Clueless Yank ISO Alice guidance