we're planning a very special anniversary trip to Australia.
It's our first time, and of course want to go to Sydney and the Great Barrier Reef (we love the water, animals, and nature, and feel like we would be foolish if we didn't see Sydney, since there is so much to do - definitely want to climb the bride and see Taronga Zoo).
However, after reading some articles, we really want to go to Western Australia (Perth and Monkey Mia specifically, would like to see Margaret River wine area, Cape Naturaliste, and Rottnest Island as well!)
Can you tell me if this is a realistic itinerary, and how much time we should spend in each area to see the highlights without feeling incredibly rushed. We have two weeks, maybe two and half weeks maximum.
Lastly, is something like this going to be very expensive, or do those muti-stop air passes this affordable?
Thanks so much, and I look forward to your replies. Please reply here, as my e-mail has been down. Thanks again!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Tonga is a off the beaten track, but a beautiful destination: See my pics!
- 2 Planning 20 days in Autralia
- 3 Prelim itinerary- 12 nights on the North Island
- 4 Where to Sky Dive and Bungee in NZ
- 5 Arriving in Queenstown - When to Visit Milford Sound?
- 6 Solo travel in Australia -- not sure where to go!
- 7 Cairns or Port Douglas
- 8 Need Help On French Polynesia Trip in June.
- 9 Itinerary set! Any Fodorites up for meeting up in Australia?
- 10 New Zealand-Trip Report-30 Days North & South Island
- 11 Two day South Coast & Southern Highlands loop - restaurant reccos please.
- 12 Sydney or Melbourne for wine tour?
- 13 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 2
- 14 Southern Highlands vs Hunter Valley
- 15 New Zealand Trip Planning
- 16 Brisbane Airpot Hotel advice
- 17 Sorting out time in Sydney
- 18 Please help finalize our Tasmania itinerary
- 19 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 1
- 20 French Polynesia - Cruise or Land?
- 21 10 day sailing French Polynesia on a budget
- 22 Seven weeks in Campervan
- 23 Tasmania feedback please
- 24 looking for a support
- 25 Australia and New Zealand-Ongoing
Too Expensive & Time consuming to go to Western Australia?