I will have 10 days in NZ in late december this year. I was initally torn between tongariro and routeburn tramps, watched all the videos etc and was leaning towards tongariro, mostly becuase how unique and different the scenery looked to anything i'd seen in canada... then the volcano erupted... i see that part of the track is now reopened and saw a news reports saying they are hoping to reopen by the summer. should i still keep this in mind, or save it for the next time? is routeburn equally impressive for those who have done both?
if we focused on the south island alone could even squeeze a bit of the queen char also. i've spent a month in NZ a few years ago, traveled extensively but never got to do any hiking, now were taking a side trip from a visit to Aus just for that.
thanks for the feedback
tongariro circuit reopened by late december?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Dare I Plan? Melbourne - Sydney - Auckland
- 2 Avoid Europcar car rental
- 3 2 week trip in AU: 5 nights in Sydney and 5 nights in Cairns area?
- 4 Help with South Island Itinerary Please
- 5 Melbourne Itinery - GOR/Mornington/Philips Island
- 6 Australia and New Zealand 2 month itinerary
- 7 The Rainbow Coast, Western Australia photos
- 8 Packages
- 9 Trip itinerary-Sydney Melbourne Tasmania
- 10 Should we change our plans ???
- 11 Please critique my plan for 2 weeks in Australia (first trip)
- 12 Victoria to Uluru - Trip Report
- 13 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 14 Tour/Travel Company-Goway
- 15 Paging Cathies
- 16 Kangaroo island
- 17 Itinerary 20 days
- 18 One day in Fiji
- 19 Looking for feedback on four week itinerary
- 20 Leaving on a jet plane....
- 21 Queenstown to Nelson Itinerary Question
- 22 Recommendations for kids travel book?
- 23 Rent or buy campervan
- 24 Great Ocean Road Itinerary
- 25 Melbourne Tram riders and visitors