I will have 10 days in NZ in late december this year. I was initally torn between tongariro and routeburn tramps, watched all the videos etc and was leaning towards tongariro, mostly becuase how unique and different the scenery looked to anything i'd seen in canada... then the volcano erupted... i see that part of the track is now reopened and saw a news reports saying they are hoping to reopen by the summer. should i still keep this in mind, or save it for the next time? is routeburn equally impressive for those who have done both?
if we focused on the south island alone could even squeeze a bit of the queen char also. i've spent a month in NZ a few years ago, traveled extensively but never got to do any hiking, now were taking a side trip from a visit to Aus just for that.
thanks for the feedback
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Travel passes within Australia
- 2 drive or fly?
- 3 Help with New Zealand Itinerary
- 4 New Zealand tenative 18 day itinerary
- 5 Milford Sound Cruises
- 6 Sydney-Things to Do
- 7 Palm Cove in Feburary
- 8 3 weeks in Aus in March
- 9 NZ Honeymoon in February -14 days
- 10 first time to Australia and new Zealand
- 11 I've been given my assignment: Fiji and...?
- 12 Nelson, New Zealand
- 13 Melbourne City Holiday Apartment
- 14 10-12 days in Tasmania
- 15 Is Jetstar really that bad?
- 16 French Polynesia - Cruise or Land?
- 17 Sydney Public Transport Opal Card?
- 18 3 days in Gold cost , where to stay
- 19 I Need Help Deciding Which Way To Go Around Australia
- 20 30 Day Australia Itinerary Feedback
- 21 Nevis Bungy & Swing
- 22 Sydney & Palm Cove in November
- 23 Tahiti or Raiatea?
- 24 NZ 10 day honeymoon, driving NI and SI
- 25 Boat charter Raitea