I will have 10 days in NZ in late december this year. I was initally torn between tongariro and routeburn tramps, watched all the videos etc and was leaning towards tongariro, mostly becuase how unique and different the scenery looked to anything i'd seen in canada... then the volcano erupted... i see that part of the track is now reopened and saw a news reports saying they are hoping to reopen by the summer. should i still keep this in mind, or save it for the next time? is routeburn equally impressive for those who have done both?
if we focused on the south island alone could even squeeze a bit of the queen char also. i've spent a month in NZ a few years ago, traveled extensively but never got to do any hiking, now were taking a side trip from a visit to Aus just for that.
thanks for the feedback
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://advisorwellness.com/claire-hydrafirm-cream-uk/
- 2 7 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 3 Australia for two weeks.
- 4 Queenstown to Christchurch in 3 days
- 5 New Zealand Fly Fishing Recommendations
- 6 Queenstown vs Christchurch
- 7 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 8 NZ 1 week
- 9 SAMOA - Friendly and quirky destination
- 10 Franz Joseph and Fox Glacier
- 11 Milford Sound (Fly! Cruise! Fly!) - Travel Report
- 12 New Zealand South Island 15 Nights Itinerary
- 13 Palau Travel Report
- 14 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 1 - Travel Report
- 15 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 16 Antarctica Penguin Disaster
- 17 Visa
- 18 Guam Travel Report
- 19 New Zealand Car Hire
- 20 Tasmania itinerary
- 21 McLaren Vale in South Australia as base for 4 days?
- 22 Research on Australian Tourism
- 23 Australia and NZ visit!
- 24 12 Days in S.I. NZ
- 25 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report