I will have 10 days in NZ in late december this year. I was initally torn between tongariro and routeburn tramps, watched all the videos etc and was leaning towards tongariro, mostly becuase how unique and different the scenery looked to anything i'd seen in canada... then the volcano erupted... i see that part of the track is now reopened and saw a news reports saying they are hoping to reopen by the summer. should i still keep this in mind, or save it for the next time? is routeburn equally impressive for those who have done both?
if we focused on the south island alone could even squeeze a bit of the queen char also. i've spent a month in NZ a few years ago, traveled extensively but never got to do any hiking, now were taking a side trip from a visit to Aus just for that.
thanks for the feedback
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Order authentic driving license,visa,passport,id cards,certificates online
- 2 9 Hour layover in Sydney, what to do?
- 3 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 4 February visit to scuba in Great Barrier Reef?
- 5 Queensland Tips
- 6 Wineries with accomodations
- 7 16 Days NZ Trip
- 8 Drivers license
- 9 Road trip to Canberra and Sydney
- 10 Sydney & Palm Cove in November
- 11 Two weeks in Australia: 2015 Trip Report
- 12 South Island New Zealand 28 days in a motor home
- 13 If you had 2 months for NZ and Australia
- 14 Need help for Dec.-Jan. Australia trip--Melbourne, Tazzie?, KI?, GBR
- 15 Tahiti vs Moorea vs Bora Bora
- 16 Cell Phone/Data Service for NZ
- 17 Itinerary: Both Islands in 27 days
- 18 New Zealand, South Island, 2 weeks, intinerary help?
- 19 New Zealand South Island itinerary advice
- 20 5 Day Circle trip along GOR from Melbourne
- 21 Trip to Australia
- 22 Advice on New Zealand Adventure
- 23 Floriade
- 24 Flying in to Sydney in June and out in July...
- 25 48 hours in NZ North Island- tips?