I will have 10 days in NZ in late december this year. I was initally torn between tongariro and routeburn tramps, watched all the videos etc and was leaning towards tongariro, mostly becuase how unique and different the scenery looked to anything i'd seen in canada... then the volcano erupted... i see that part of the track is now reopened and saw a news reports saying they are hoping to reopen by the summer. should i still keep this in mind, or save it for the next time? is routeburn equally impressive for those who have done both?
if we focused on the south island alone could even squeeze a bit of the queen char also. i've spent a month in NZ a few years ago, traveled extensively but never got to do any hiking, now were taking a side trip from a visit to Aus just for that.
thanks for the feedback
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://foreverhealthy786.com/avanti-skin-renewal/
- 2 Oct - 30 Day Trip to Australia & New Zealand
- 3 14 day South NZ Trip
- 4 NZ's Yellow Eyed Penguins Face Extinction on the Mainland
- 5 North Island Itinerary Help
- 6 Visa for Australia
- 7 Gold Coast -whale watching
- 8 Hotel Sydney
- 9 Transportation advice needed
- 10 Need advice on Blue Mountain trip
- 11 Sydney Harbor Marriott
- 12 Three days in Cairns
- 13 Best Priced Tour for Sydney Harbor Bridge Blue Mountain & Hunter Valley
- 14 Gold coast for 6 days in July
- 15 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 16 Tasmania - looking for bird watching guide for day trips
- 17 itinerary for one month in Australia with a kid
- 18 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 19 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
- 20 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 21 NZ DoC hut fees to rise in some cases
- 22 Favorite activities in Moorea, Bora Bora?
- 23 Trip report: Ultimate 3-week Australia itinerary
- 24 Blue mountain or Pacific Ocean drive
- 25 E-visa scams