I will have 10 days in NZ in late december this year. I was initally torn between tongariro and routeburn tramps, watched all the videos etc and was leaning towards tongariro, mostly becuase how unique and different the scenery looked to anything i'd seen in canada... then the volcano erupted... i see that part of the track is now reopened and saw a news reports saying they are hoping to reopen by the summer. should i still keep this in mind, or save it for the next time? is routeburn equally impressive for those who have done both?
if we focused on the south island alone could even squeeze a bit of the queen char also. i've spent a month in NZ a few years ago, traveled extensively but never got to do any hiking, now were taking a side trip from a visit to Aus just for that.
thanks for the feedback
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 https://twitter.com/mirage_se/status/756737126063104000
- 2 Australia New Zealand - help with itinerary
- 3 New Zealand SI book ahead??
- 4 South Island trip in Oct.
- 5 transfer services between Sydney Airport and hotels
- 6 Flights from Ottawa to Sydney to Auckland
- 7 What Do you Think of My Itin
- 8 Rarotonga
- 9 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 10 Great Barrier Reef in January/February??
- 11 7 full days itinerary in Melbourne
- 12 Cairns or Melbourne? Trip Feedback
- 13 Overnight Great Ocean Road
- 14 South Island Trip Planning: Akaroa Tour or Tranzalpine?
- 15 New Zealand Honeymoon Itinerary
- 16 A week in Fiji
- 17 3 weeks New Zealand - Apr 2017
- 18 15 days Australia road trip off Sydney
- 19 help on NZ trip itinerary, what to keep what to skip
- 20 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 21 Choose a destiation - Oceania Island(s) for 10 day trip
- 22 New Zealand Christchurch area 3 days
- 23 Day trip to see baby seals!!!
- 24 some questions about upcoming trip to Australia and New Zealand
- 25 6 Days South Island Help