I want to go to Australia next year and I am planning on going in February. I want to go in the summer and I figured it'd be best to avoid December & January since the kids will be out of school during those months. I want to go with the mindset that I will never go back so I want to cover some major mileage.
I plan on renting a campervan with a small group of people. First- I want to spend 2 nights in Sydney then make my way to Torquay to begin the Great Ocean Road, which I have read ends up in Allansford/Warmambool. From there, I want to go to Adelaide to go cage diving. Then I want to go to the Great Barrier Reef and make it back to Sydney.
Trust me, I am fully aware that this is A TON of mileage. I'm not planning on a relaxing vacation. I want to be on the go and see as much as possible. Please let me know if this is totally unrealistic to do within a 12-14 day vacation.
Thoughts on AUS itinerary Feb. 2014?????
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Tipping
- 2 Adelaide and Kangaroo Island
- 3 Booked flights to Brisbane mid-June
- 4 Hobart and Launceston- 4 days each sound ok?
- 5 Transit Time at SYD
- 6 Is French really spoken in Tahiti?
- 7 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 8 Happy Australia Day!
- 9 Where to visit outside Melbourne for several days?
- 10 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 11 Tim Tam
- 12 Where to stay near Melbourne
- 13 Car rentals south island
- 14 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 15 Brisbane, need short term accommodation
- 16 18 & 19 year old traveling for two weeks after 7 months in Brisbane
- 17 Pls help with NZ South Island 12 days with surfing itinerary!
- 18 New Zealand South Island in 8 days!
- 19 OZ and NZ with a 16month old baby
- 20 NZ North Island 17 days in March
- 21 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 22 New Zealand
- 23 Need Rotorua advice
- 24 My tips for NZ motorhome hire
- 25 Broome to Cape Leveque