I want to go to Australia next year and I am planning on going in February. I want to go in the summer and I figured it'd be best to avoid December & January since the kids will be out of school during those months. I want to go with the mindset that I will never go back so I want to cover some major mileage.
I plan on renting a campervan with a small group of people. First- I want to spend 2 nights in Sydney then make my way to Torquay to begin the Great Ocean Road, which I have read ends up in Allansford/Warmambool. From there, I want to go to Adelaide to go cage diving. Then I want to go to the Great Barrier Reef and make it back to Sydney.
Trust me, I am fully aware that this is A TON of mileage. I'm not planning on a relaxing vacation. I want to be on the go and see as much as possible. Please let me know if this is totally unrealistic to do within a 12-14 day vacation.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://nitroshredadvice.com/megaxxl/
- 2 Middlemarch to Queenstown transportation
- 3 Food to Try Out
- 4 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 5 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 6 What To do In Australia?? Suggest Some Holiday Destination.
- 7 30 Day Itinerary: Wellington & SI - Any suggestions?
- 8 New Zealand-2 days in Rotorua with Toddler
- 9 New Zealand Dec-Jan 2017
- 10 Recommended guidebooks
- 11 South Island Road Trip
- 12 Surprises in Australia
- 13 Sydney Airport Transportation Suggestions
- 14 South Island winter time-lapse video
- 15 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 16 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 17 Air BnB, a bit of a let down
- 18 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 19 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 20 Fiji Resorts for 5 nights
- 21 What is the best time to visit Australia?
- 22 New Zealand with a toddler
- 23 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 24 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 25 Beautiful Spots in Australia per Conde Nast