I want to go to Australia next year and I am planning on going in February. I want to go in the summer and I figured it'd be best to avoid December & January since the kids will be out of school during those months. I want to go with the mindset that I will never go back so I want to cover some major mileage.
I plan on renting a campervan with a small group of people. First- I want to spend 2 nights in Sydney then make my way to Torquay to begin the Great Ocean Road, which I have read ends up in Allansford/Warmambool. From there, I want to go to Adelaide to go cage diving. Then I want to go to the Great Barrier Reef and make it back to Sydney.
Trust me, I am fully aware that this is A TON of mileage. I'm not planning on a relaxing vacation. I want to be on the go and see as much as possible. Please let me know if this is totally unrealistic to do within a 12-14 day vacation.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Assist: Tec*h SUPP0RT NORTON CONTACT 1:8OO:681:72O8 NORTON 24*7
- 2 5 days trip in South Island
- 3 4 weeks in New Zealand
- 4 Oct - 30 Day Trip to Australia & New Zealand
- 5 14 day South NZ Trip
- 6 NZ's Yellow Eyed Penguins Face Extinction on the Mainland
- 7 North Island Itinerary Help
- 8 Visa for Australia
- 9 Gold Coast -whale watching
- 10 Hotel Sydney
- 11 Transportation advice needed
- 12 Need advice on Blue Mountain trip
- 13 Sydney Harbor Marriott
- 14 Three days in Cairns
- 15 Best Priced Tour for Sydney Harbor Bridge Blue Mountain & Hunter Valley
- 16 Gold coast for 6 days in July
- 17 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 18 Tasmania - looking for bird watching guide for day trips
- 19 itinerary for one month in Australia with a kid
- 20 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 21 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
- 22 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 23 NZ DoC hut fees to rise in some cases
- 24 Favorite activities in Moorea, Bora Bora?
- 25 Trip report: Ultimate 3-week Australia itinerary