I want to go to Australia next year and I am planning on going in February. I want to go in the summer and I figured it'd be best to avoid December & January since the kids will be out of school during those months. I want to go with the mindset that I will never go back so I want to cover some major mileage.
I plan on renting a campervan with a small group of people. First- I want to spend 2 nights in Sydney then make my way to Torquay to begin the Great Ocean Road, which I have read ends up in Allansford/Warmambool. From there, I want to go to Adelaide to go cage diving. Then I want to go to the Great Barrier Reef and make it back to Sydney.
Trust me, I am fully aware that this is A TON of mileage. I'm not planning on a relaxing vacation. I want to be on the go and see as much as possible. Please let me know if this is totally unrealistic to do within a 12-14 day vacation.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://testosteronesboosterweb.com/zytekxl/
- 2 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 3 14 day South NZ Trip
- 4 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 5 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 6 Best national park around Sydney
- 7 1 night stay around GOR
- 8 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 9 7 days in New Zealand
- 10 One-day hike in Milford area
- 11 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 12 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 13 NZ repeat visitors
- 14 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 15 South Island Suggestions
- 16 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 17 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 18 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 19 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 20 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 21 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 22 New Zealand Car Rental
- 23 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 24 What exactly is a NZ sound?
- 25 4 weeks in New Zealand