I want to go to Australia next year and I am planning on going in February. I want to go in the summer and I figured it'd be best to avoid December & January since the kids will be out of school during those months. I want to go with the mindset that I will never go back so I want to cover some major mileage.
I plan on renting a campervan with a small group of people. First- I want to spend 2 nights in Sydney then make my way to Torquay to begin the Great Ocean Road, which I have read ends up in Allansford/Warmambool. From there, I want to go to Adelaide to go cage diving. Then I want to go to the Great Barrier Reef and make it back to Sydney.
Trust me, I am fully aware that this is A TON of mileage. I'm not planning on a relaxing vacation. I want to be on the go and see as much as possible. Please let me know if this is totally unrealistic to do within a 12-14 day vacation.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Apply For Drivers License, Passport, Id Card
- 2 Drive from Nelson or Christchurch to Queenstown during winter
- 3 Tasmania
- 4 Seeking StopOver Ideas for US to Australia Trip
- 5 Sydney - City Sights Travel Report
- 6 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 7 13 Days North & South Island in October (NZ Spring)
- 8 2016 Rugby internationals - anyone watching?
- 9 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 10 NZ expects 4.5 million tourists per year by 2022
- 11 Help for 6 days based in Queenstown
- 12 Accommodations Brisbane
- 13 Skiing in Australia in July?
- 14 Australia 2017 - Oz Winter or Spring Honeymoon?
- 15 Cairns to Sydney early 2017
- 16 Repositioning cruise
- 17 18 days nz.
- 18 South Island over December-January Holidays
- 19 Australia/New Zealand 3 weeks
- 20 New Zealand - South Island 8 days
- 21 New Zealand ~3 weeks, nature oriented tour?
- 22 Help finding affordable aprking
- 23 NZ Air Sky Couch Seats
- 24 9 days itinerary from Aukland to Queentown
- 25 Melbourne--in the summer is air conditioning a must ?