I want to go to Australia next year and I am planning on going in February. I want to go in the summer and I figured it'd be best to avoid December & January since the kids will be out of school during those months. I want to go with the mindset that I will never go back so I want to cover some major mileage.
I plan on renting a campervan with a small group of people. First- I want to spend 2 nights in Sydney then make my way to Torquay to begin the Great Ocean Road, which I have read ends up in Allansford/Warmambool. From there, I want to go to Adelaide to go cage diving. Then I want to go to the Great Barrier Reef and make it back to Sydney.
Trust me, I am fully aware that this is A TON of mileage. I'm not planning on a relaxing vacation. I want to be on the go and see as much as possible. Please let me know if this is totally unrealistic to do within a 12-14 day vacation.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 2 Beers in Oz
- 3 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 4 NZ visa denials
- 5 Trip to Cairns
- 6 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 7 Brisbane to Sydney
- 8 5 days in South Island
- 9 Vini SIM card?
- 10 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 11 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 12 New Zealand Itinerary
- 13 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 14 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 15 Help on Itinerary
- 16 Sydney Trip
- 17 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 18 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 19 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 20 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 21 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 22 Extra 2 nights = help
- 23 February Australia Visit
- 24 Best wildlife near sydney
- 25 Where to go in Australia