I want to go to Australia next year and I am planning on going in February. I want to go in the summer and I figured it'd be best to avoid December & January since the kids will be out of school during those months. I want to go with the mindset that I will never go back so I want to cover some major mileage.
I plan on renting a campervan with a small group of people. First- I want to spend 2 nights in Sydney then make my way to Torquay to begin the Great Ocean Road, which I have read ends up in Allansford/Warmambool. From there, I want to go to Adelaide to go cage diving. Then I want to go to the Great Barrier Reef and make it back to Sydney.
Trust me, I am fully aware that this is A TON of mileage. I'm not planning on a relaxing vacation. I want to be on the go and see as much as possible. Please let me know if this is totally unrealistic to do within a 12-14 day vacation.
Thoughts on AUS itinerary Feb. 2014?????
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 2 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 3 Help
- 4 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 5 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 6 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 7 Byron Bay or ...
- 8 10 days in NZ itinerary
- 9 Dec 2014 family trip-need help with itinerary
- 10 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 11 Ferry to Manly Beach
- 12 How many days needed in Sydney?
- 13 Paging Cathies
- 14 NZ vs Aust
- 15 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 16 Playing Marbles with the Devil - AKA 2 weeks in the Northern Territory
- 17 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
- 18 Recommendations for travel on the Great Ocean Road
- 19 Joe Tro's Australia/LA trip report
- 20 August week end in Auckland
- 21 28 days to campervan around australia
- 22 Wicked Weekend I Melbourne - too much fun!
- 23 5 days in Sydney: itinerary review
- 24 Sydney Weather in September
- 25 South Island Suggestions ...