I want to go to Australia next year and I am planning on going in February. I want to go in the summer and I figured it'd be best to avoid December & January since the kids will be out of school during those months. I want to go with the mindset that I will never go back so I want to cover some major mileage.
I plan on renting a campervan with a small group of people. First- I want to spend 2 nights in Sydney then make my way to Torquay to begin the Great Ocean Road, which I have read ends up in Allansford/Warmambool. From there, I want to go to Adelaide to go cage diving. Then I want to go to the Great Barrier Reef and make it back to Sydney.
Trust me, I am fully aware that this is A TON of mileage. I'm not planning on a relaxing vacation. I want to be on the go and see as much as possible. Please let me know if this is totally unrealistic to do within a 12-14 day vacation.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealnd 17 days--North to Top of the South Itinerary
- 2 Sydney places to stay
- 3 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 4 2 days post cruise in Sydney
- 5 transfer services between Sydney Airport and hotels
- 6 A family trip to Sydney and the Blue Mountains
- 7 New Zealand Honeymoon Itinerary
- 8 Cairns/Port Douglas from Sydney
- 9 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 10 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 11 South Island Trip Planning: Akaroa Tour or Tranzalpine?
- 12 Transiting in Nadi Airport, Fiji
- 13 Scuba trip Great Barrier Reef
- 14 Flights from Ottawa to Sydney to Auckland
- 15 North island New Zealand-help
- 16 Rarotonga
- 17 Australia New Zealand - help with itinerary
- 18 New Zealand SI book ahead??
- 19 South Island trip in Oct.
- 20 What Do you Think of My Itin
- 21 Great Barrier Reef in January/February??
- 22 7 full days itinerary in Melbourne
- 23 Cairns or Melbourne? Trip Feedback
- 24 Overnight Great Ocean Road
- 25 A week in Fiji