I want to go to Australia next year and I am planning on going in February. I want to go in the summer and I figured it'd be best to avoid December & January since the kids will be out of school during those months. I want to go with the mindset that I will never go back so I want to cover some major mileage.
I plan on renting a campervan with a small group of people. First- I want to spend 2 nights in Sydney then make my way to Torquay to begin the Great Ocean Road, which I have read ends up in Allansford/Warmambool. From there, I want to go to Adelaide to go cage diving. Then I want to go to the Great Barrier Reef and make it back to Sydney.
Trust me, I am fully aware that this is A TON of mileage. I'm not planning on a relaxing vacation. I want to be on the go and see as much as possible. Please let me know if this is totally unrealistic to do within a 12-14 day vacation.
Thoughts on AUS itinerary Feb. 2014?????
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Victoria to Uluru - Trip Report
- 2 Broome to Cape Leveque
- 3 Please critique my plan for 2 weeks in Australia (first trip)
- 4 NZ: A Series of Bitter Disappointments -- a Songdoc Trip Report
- 5 The Earth Makes Music for Those Who Listen; Siblings on the South Island
- 6 Help with South Island Itinerary Please
- 7 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 8 Sydney
- 9 Location suggestions: beachy long weekend from Auckland?
- 10 mobile wifi device for Australia
- 11 One day in Fiji
- 12 Dare I Plan? Melbourne - Sydney - Auckland
- 13 Australia and New Zealand 2 month itinerary
- 14 Experienced Aussie travellers needed for a survey
- 15 Done crying and only drinking a little.
- 16 I've read the posts and still either want to cry or drink! Help
- 17 Sydney MyMulti Pass
- 18 New Zealand Itinerary Help
- 19 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 20 Which Fiji or Cook Island ?
- 21 Hobart
- 22 2 week trip in AU: 5 nights in Sydney and 5 nights in Cairns area?
- 23 Should we change our plans ???
- 24 Melbourne Tram riders and visitors
- 25 Leaving on a jet plane....