I want to go to Australia next year and I am planning on going in February. I want to go in the summer and I figured it'd be best to avoid December & January since the kids will be out of school during those months. I want to go with the mindset that I will never go back so I want to cover some major mileage.
I plan on renting a campervan with a small group of people. First- I want to spend 2 nights in Sydney then make my way to Torquay to begin the Great Ocean Road, which I have read ends up in Allansford/Warmambool. From there, I want to go to Adelaide to go cage diving. Then I want to go to the Great Barrier Reef and make it back to Sydney.
Trust me, I am fully aware that this is A TON of mileage. I'm not planning on a relaxing vacation. I want to be on the go and see as much as possible. Please let me know if this is totally unrealistic to do within a 12-14 day vacation.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand with teenagers
- 2 Camper Van - With or Without Toilet and Shower ?
- 3 New Zealand Itinerary Revised...Advice Please!
- 4 Australia Itinerary
- 5 Another itinerary question
- 6 Suggestions for 3 weeks
- 7 The whisky trail.
- 8 Western Australia (Denmark and New Norcia)
- 9 Australia and New Zealand Oct/Nov 2017
- 10 Bali, Fiji, Bora Bora, Maldives? Which is better?
- 11 Family trip report: Tahiti, Huahine, Bora Bora and Moorea
- 12 1 day scenic tour from Gold coast
- 13 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 14 Help with New Zealand Itinerary
- 15 Mucky, Smchrissy, Margo, Alan -I've lost the New Years Eve thread
- 16 Is this a good time to talk about the Lions' tour?
- 17 help with intinerary please!
- 18 Early Planning to the South Pacific
- 19 Ahe to Manihi or v.v.
- 20 early planning for NZ South Island trip - please provide feedback
- 21 Quaint
- 22 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 23 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 24 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 25 Western Australia + Where?