Hello! Any advice on whether to see the outback in the Kimberly or Uluru areas? I plan to take a 3 to 5 day group tour of one of these areas. Please also let me know if any must sees in your preferred area. If it's the Kimberly should my base be Broome or Kununurra? I also plan to visit Kakadu, Kangaroo Island, and the Perth area. I will be flying from Houston, TX and am thinking I'd fly into Adelaide then Perth then Broome or Kununurra then Darwin OR Perth then Adelaide then Uluru then Darwin (all air travel). I am interested in seeing the natural beauty and wildlife of Australia rather than cities. I've been diving elsewhere and am not that much of a beach person so can skip the reefs (although an ocean view and stroll on a beach would be welcome say in Broome). I'll be spending some time in Bunbury with a friend and she plans to take me camping south of there. I want to see the most variety of terrain and wildlife that I can, so let me know if you think any of the places I've mentioned are too similar. Thanks on advance for your advice!
The Kimberly or Uluru?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 5 days in Tasmania
- 2 Paging Cathies
- 3 Favorite things to do in Melbourne
- 4 Limestone Coast, South Australia - ideas needed
- 5 August week end in Auckland
- 6 14 day honeymoon in NZ. Itinerary help please
- 7 Ferry to Manly Beach
- 8 Cairns itinerary - inputs needed
- 9 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 10 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 11 Help
- 12 10 days in NZ itinerary
- 13 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 14 Byron Bay or ...
- 15 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 16 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 17 Dec 2014 family trip-need help with itinerary
- 18 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 19 How many days needed in Sydney?
- 20 NZ vs Aust
- 21 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 22 Playing Marbles with the Devil - AKA 2 weeks in the Northern Territory
- 23 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
- 24 Recommendations for travel on the Great Ocean Road
- 25 Joe Tro's Australia/LA trip report