Hello! Any advice on whether to see the outback in the Kimberly or Uluru areas? I plan to take a 3 to 5 day group tour of one of these areas. Please also let me know if any must sees in your preferred area. If it's the Kimberly should my base be Broome or Kununurra? I also plan to visit Kakadu, Kangaroo Island, and the Perth area. I will be flying from Houston, TX and am thinking I'd fly into Adelaide then Perth then Broome or Kununurra then Darwin OR Perth then Adelaide then Uluru then Darwin (all air travel). I am interested in seeing the natural beauty and wildlife of Australia rather than cities. I've been diving elsewhere and am not that much of a beach person so can skip the reefs (although an ocean view and stroll on a beach would be welcome say in Broome). I'll be spending some time in Bunbury with a friend and she plans to take me camping south of there. I want to see the most variety of terrain and wildlife that I can, so let me know if you think any of the places I've mentioned are too similar. Thanks on advance for your advice!
The Kimberly or Uluru?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 So much good wine, so little time; South Australia's Limestone Coast
- 2 Sydney 23 Dec - 1st Jan then onto Perth advice please.
- 3 14 day honeymoon in NZ. Itinerary help please
- 4 5 guys travelling the GOR in March
- 5 Please help with our first attempt at New Zealand itinerary
- 6 planning honeymoon trip in Australia in February
- 7 12-14 Days - Sydney and Auckland - January 2015
- 8 Tahiti? First time Impressions? Good French Polynesia Deals?
- 9 Paging Cathies
- 10 Transit time between international connections at Brisbane Airport?
- 11 Urgent help on 12 Nights South Island Itinerary
- 12 Cape Trib-self-drive or tour
- 13 Traveling between Australia and New Zealand in June
- 14 Weather ?
- 15 Wicked Camper: DON'T ever hire from them!!!!!!!!!!
- 16 Need Help with a 16 night itinerary in Australia with Kids
- 17 Itinerary Planning
- 18 Sydney - City to Surf. 10 August 2014
- 19 South IslandItinerary Help
- 20 Australia Trip Report with Pictures May 2013
- 21 Lazy, don't want to research on line..
- 22 Sydney for 3 days
- 23 Careful before booking any short-term accommodation on NSW Coast
- 24 Help -- tight flight connection in Auckland
- 25 Conquering Great Walks