Hello! Any advice on whether to see the outback in the Kimberly or Uluru areas? I plan to take a 3 to 5 day group tour of one of these areas. Please also let me know if any must sees in your preferred area. If it's the Kimberly should my base be Broome or Kununurra? I also plan to visit Kakadu, Kangaroo Island, and the Perth area. I will be flying from Houston, TX and am thinking I'd fly into Adelaide then Perth then Broome or Kununurra then Darwin OR Perth then Adelaide then Uluru then Darwin (all air travel). I am interested in seeing the natural beauty and wildlife of Australia rather than cities. I've been diving elsewhere and am not that much of a beach person so can skip the reefs (although an ocean view and stroll on a beach would be welcome say in Broome). I'll be spending some time in Bunbury with a friend and she plans to take me camping south of there. I want to see the most variety of terrain and wildlife that I can, so let me know if you think any of the places I've mentioned are too similar. Thanks on advance for your advice!
The Kimberly or Uluru?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Please critique my plan for 2 weeks in Australia (first trip)
- 2 Should we change our plans ???
- 3 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 4 Tour/Travel Company-Goway
- 5 Melbourne Itinery - GOR/Mornington/Philips Island
- 6 Paging Cathies
- 7 Australia and New Zealand 2 month itinerary
- 8 The Rainbow Coast, Western Australia photos
- 9 Kangaroo island
- 10 Dare I Plan? Melbourne - Sydney - Auckland
- 11 Itinerary 20 days
- 12 Avoid Europcar car rental
- 13 Trip itinerary-Sydney Melbourne Tasmania
- 14 Victoria to Uluru - Trip Report
- 15 One day in Fiji
- 16 Looking for feedback on four week itinerary
- 17 Leaving on a jet plane....
- 18 Queenstown to Nelson Itinerary Question
- 19 Recommendations for kids travel book?
- 20 Rent or buy campervan
- 21 Great Ocean Road Itinerary
- 22 Melbourne Tram riders and visitors
- 23 South Island NZ: First 2 weeks of November
- 24 Cell phone providers
- 25 I've read the posts and still either want to cry or drink! Help