Ok here goes:
Dec 8 depart US
Dec 10 arrive Auckland -- either overnight Auckland or drive to Coromandel
Dec 11 Coromandel which city?
Dec 12 Coromandel
Dec 13 Coromandel
Dec 14 Rotorua
Dec 15 Rotorua
Dec 16 drive to the park for the Tongariro Alpine Crossing
Dec 17 hike the Tongariro Alpine Crossing
Dec 18 fly to Dunedin - drive back to Auckland first?
Dec 19 Dunedin
Dec 20 Dunedin
Dec 21 drive to Bluff -- ferry to Stewart Island
Dec 22 Stewart Island
Dec 23 Stewart Island
Dec 24 ferry to Bluff drive to Queenstown
Dec 25 Queenstown
Dec 26 Queenstown
Dec 27 Queenstown
Dec 28 Queenstown to Fox Glacier
Dec 29 Fox Glacier
Dec 30 Punanaiki
Dec 31 drive to a place between Nelson and Abel Taxman
Jan 1 Abel Tasman
Jan 2 area around Nelson - end at Queen Charlottes
Jan 3 Queen Charlotte
Jan 4 Queen Charlottes
Jan 5 Queen Charlotte - Kaikoura
Jan 6 Kaikoura Track
Jan 7 Kaikoura Track
Jan 8 finish Kaikoura Track either get back to Auckland to return home the next day or take a day to get in position to fly out on the 10th. We had planned to come home by Monday the 9th but I am not sure we will be able to get there. So we may take the 9th to get to Sydney or Auckland -- wherever we end up flying home from and go home the 10th.
So now I need ideas of where to stay. We prefer bed and breakfasts but will stay other places as well.
. In Queenstown I prefer to be in a location that is quieter -- should we consider Arrowtown? We would end up here for Christmas -- I am hoping that, with it being a fair sized town I would think we could find a place to eat.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Dec trip - Itinerary planning help and recommendations
- 2 Sydney CBC Serviced Apartment
- 3 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 4 3 days for trip from Christchurch
- 5 Help organizing a Tasmanian road trip
- 6 Tasmania Itinerary Question
- 7 New Zealand Itinerary January/February
- 8 Need help on 2 week itinerary - North Island, winter, with kids (5, 7, 10)
- 9 Help a North American understand winter in New Zealand
- 10 Need Advice for NZ winter trip itinerary
- 11 Sydney on New Years Eve: Worth It?
- 12 Franz Josef or Mt. Cook?
- 13 One day in Sydney
- 14 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 15 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary - Sydney & New Zealand (South Island)
- 16 Fiji - Snorkel & Scuba
- 17 9 days in Fiji
- 18 Which Island for a longer stay?
- 19 Great Barrier Reef snorkeling vs Fiji snorkeling for a 2 week honeymoon?
- 20 Auf Wiedersehen Australia
- 21 Australia Itinerary Help In July/August
- 22 Red Centre - how long to stay
- 23 New Zealand/Fiji/Tahiti/Australia oh my
- 24 Physically Disabled Solo Traveler in Sydney, Cairns
- 25 Final leg of trip: SI to NI
Ok here goes: