I'm new to this forum and I'm here to get some help/advice on planning trip to Oz (and possibly NZ) this June.
As the title goes, I'm a teen girl who is new to solo travel.
I want to go to Oz and NZ for about 14 days or more but less than 3 weeks.
My budget is somewhere around $2600~$3000, including airfare (which is about $1000 for a roundtrip as I'm living in Japan currently.)
Is it possible to go to Sydney - Melbourne - Cairns - NZ (Queensland only - i have a friend there) in about 18 days?
also, how's weather down there in June?
I know those two countries are very tourist-friendly and hospital, but will a teenage girl be able to navigate easily without a car?
Teen girl first time solo travel: Australia and New Zealand
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Hey, Bokhara2 and cathies, need restaurant recommendations
- 2 North Island - 5 days - Wellington - Auckland
- 3 Jet Star?
- 4 So much good wine, so little time; South Australia's Limestone Coast
- 5 Fireworks Festival - A "MUST DO"
- 6 Aussie Trip Report: No cities, no worries
- 7 Song doc - one for you
- 8 Melbourne, Adelaide, Tasmania in which order?
- 9 dinner cruise in sydney harbor
- 10 Air New Zealand & Virgin Australia Baggage Limits
- 11 Katoomba vs. Leura vs ... ????
- 12 dinner cruise in sydney harbor
- 13 New Zealand South Island Itinerary
- 14 Itinerary Planning
- 15 Yarra Valley Wineries
- 16 8 Day South Island Itinerary in Oct
- 17 NZ Itinerary from Christchurch to Queenstown in 8 days
- 18 Suggestions/ Tips request for 15 Days trip to South Island New Zealand
- 19 NZ South Island Plan
- 20 Tahiti, Cooks Islands or Fiji 20th Anniversary trip
- 21 Campervan help please!
- 22 Campervan/Motorhomes vs Car hire in New Zealand
- 23 suggested 6 day itinerary for South island New Zealand in December
- 24 Wicked Camper: DON'T ever hire from them!!!!!!!!!!
- 25 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities