I'm new to this forum and I'm here to get some help/advice on planning trip to Oz (and possibly NZ) this June.
As the title goes, I'm a teen girl who is new to solo travel.
I want to go to Oz and NZ for about 14 days or more but less than 3 weeks.
My budget is somewhere around $2600~$3000, including airfare (which is about $1000 for a roundtrip as I'm living in Japan currently.)
Is it possible to go to Sydney - Melbourne - Cairns - NZ (Queensland only - i have a friend there) in about 18 days?
also, how's weather down there in June?
I know those two countries are very tourist-friendly and hospital, but will a teenage girl be able to navigate easily without a car?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 2 Free Camping
- 3 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 4 Kaikoura roads update
- 5 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 6 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 7 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 8 Clever, mischievous keas
- 9 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 10 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 11 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 12 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 13 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 14 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 15 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 16 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 17 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 18 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 19 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 20 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 21 Translation of documents
- 22 SH1 to Kaikoura update
- 23 10 days NZ-crusie or land??
- 24 Cooking classes near Melbourne
- 25 Sunshine coast or gold coast in February
Teen girl first time solo travel: Australia and New Zealand