I'm new to this forum and I'm here to get some help/advice on planning trip to Oz (and possibly NZ) this June.
As the title goes, I'm a teen girl who is new to solo travel.
I want to go to Oz and NZ for about 14 days or more but less than 3 weeks.
My budget is somewhere around $2600~$3000, including airfare (which is about $1000 for a roundtrip as I'm living in Japan currently.)
Is it possible to go to Sydney - Melbourne - Cairns - NZ (Queensland only - i have a friend there) in about 18 days?
also, how's weather down there in June?
I know those two countries are very tourist-friendly and hospital, but will a teenage girl be able to navigate easily without a car?
Teen girl first time solo travel: Australia and New Zealand
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Help with South Island Itinerary Please
- 2 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 3 Finding hotels and flights globally
- 4 Sydney
- 5 NZ: A Series of Bitter Disappointments -- a Songdoc Trip Report
- 6 Location suggestions: beachy long weekend from Auckland?
- 7 mobile wifi device for Australia
- 8 One day in Fiji
- 9 The Earth Makes Music for Those Who Listen; Siblings on the South Island
- 10 Dare I Plan? Melbourne - Sydney - Auckland
- 11 Australia and New Zealand 2 month itinerary
- 12 Experienced Aussie travellers needed for a survey
- 13 Done crying and only drinking a little.
- 14 I've read the posts and still either want to cry or drink! Help
- 15 Sydney MyMulti Pass
- 16 New Zealand Itinerary Help
- 17 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 18 Which Fiji or Cook Island ?
- 19 Hobart
- 20 2 week trip in AU: 5 nights in Sydney and 5 nights in Cairns area?
- 21 Should we change our plans ???
- 22 Melbourne Tram riders and visitors
- 23 Leaving on a jet plane....
- 24 Avoid Europcar car rental
- 25 Melbourne Itinery - GOR/Mornington/Philips Island