Just wondering if anyone has done the Maria Island walk on their own? I hate the idea that travel by myself means I need to spend $2,400+ to do a beautiful hike in the great natural outdoors. If I was with others I wouldn't hesitate but will be going alone if I do go. I'm thinking about doing it between Christmas and New Year this year.
Also, if anyone has any advice for any other hikes that are safe to do alone in Tassie in this period I would love to hear it. Other options could be basing myself in Honart and walking around and up Mt Wellington.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 2 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 3 Free Camping
- 4 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 5 Kaikoura roads update
- 6 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 7 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 8 Clever, mischievous keas
- 9 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 10 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 11 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 12 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 13 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 14 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 15 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 16 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 17 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 18 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 19 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 20 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 21 Translation of documents
- 22 SH1 to Kaikoura update
- 23 10 days NZ-crusie or land??
- 24 Cooking classes near Melbourne
- 25 Sunshine coast or gold coast in February