Just wondering if anyone has done the Maria Island walk on their own? I hate the idea that travel by myself means I need to spend $2,400+ to do a beautiful hike in the great natural outdoors. If I was with others I wouldn't hesitate but will be going alone if I do go. I'm thinking about doing it between Christmas and New Year this year.
Also, if anyone has any advice for any other hikes that are safe to do alone in Tassie in this period I would love to hear it. Other options could be basing myself in Honart and walking around and up Mt Wellington.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 2 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 3 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 4 14 day South NZ Trip
- 5 One-day hike in Milford area
- 6 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 7 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 8 Best national park around Sydney
- 9 1 night stay around GOR
- 10 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 11 7 days in New Zealand
- 12 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 13 NZ repeat visitors
- 14 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 15 South Island Suggestions
- 16 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 17 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 18 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 19 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 20 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 21 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 22 New Zealand Car Rental
- 23 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 24 What exactly is a NZ sound?
- 25 4 weeks in New Zealand