DH and I are heading to Tassie for 8-9 days over the Christmas Holiday and would love some input from you lovely folks. We love ourdoorsy types of things and DH is an avid photographer. We're planning on a good bit of hiking and are hoping to see some fantastic wildlife!
We have a partial itinerary based around a 4 night booking at Cradle Mountain Lodge that I made about 9 months ago. We are thinking of arriving (from Sydney) in Launceston, spening a couple of nights there, moving on to Cradle Mountain for either 3 or 4 nights (is 4 nights too many?) and then moving on to the North West for 2-3 nights before returning to Launceston for our return flight to Sydney.
Any suggestions for particular day hikes in the Cradle Mountain area?. It seems there are sooo many options to choose from. We also enjoy mountain biking and see that you can rent mountain bikes from Cradle Mountain Lodge. I'm just wondering if anyone has done this and what the trails are like. We would not be interested in technical /single track riding, but something a bit more tame. Don't want to break my neck at the beginning of our holiday
The North West is where I'm having some trouble making decisions. Are there any hidden gems up that way? We were thinking Stanley might be a good locale for a 2 night stay...any other suggestions? Any activities/sights in the Northwest that we shouldn't miss?
Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 NZ get off cruise and drive to QT/Fjorland?
- 2 hotels Sydney Jan 10-15, 2017
- 3 Help with NZ Travel
- 4 Christmas Day in Sydney
- 5 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 6 Kaikoura roads update
- 7 Free Camping
- 8 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 9 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 10 Clever, mischievous keas
- 11 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 12 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 13 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 14 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 15 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 16 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 17 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 18 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 19 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 20 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 21 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 22 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 23 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 24 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 25 Translation of documents