DH and I are heading to Tassie for 8-9 days over the Christmas Holiday and would love some input from you lovely folks. We love ourdoorsy types of things and DH is an avid photographer. We're planning on a good bit of hiking and are hoping to see some fantastic wildlife!
We have a partial itinerary based around a 4 night booking at Cradle Mountain Lodge that I made about 9 months ago. We are thinking of arriving (from Sydney) in Launceston, spening a couple of nights there, moving on to Cradle Mountain for either 3 or 4 nights (is 4 nights too many?) and then moving on to the North West for 2-3 nights before returning to Launceston for our return flight to Sydney.
Any suggestions for particular day hikes in the Cradle Mountain area?. It seems there are sooo many options to choose from. We also enjoy mountain biking and see that you can rent mountain bikes from Cradle Mountain Lodge. I'm just wondering if anyone has done this and what the trails are like. We would not be interested in technical /single track riding, but something a bit more tame. Don't want to break my neck at the beginning of our holiday
The North West is where I'm having some trouble making decisions. Are there any hidden gems up that way? We were thinking Stanley might be a good locale for a 2 night stay...any other suggestions? Any activities/sights in the Northwest that we shouldn't miss?
Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Hotel Sydney
- 2 14 day South NZ Trip
- 3 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 4 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 5 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 6 Tour Companies Australia and New Zealand
- 7 4 hour transit in Sydney
- 8 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 9 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 10 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 11 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 12 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 13 One-day hike in Milford area
- 14 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 15 Best national park around Sydney
- 16 1 night stay around GOR
- 17 7 days in New Zealand
- 18 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 19 NZ repeat visitors
- 20 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 21 South Island Suggestions
- 22 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 23 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 24 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 25 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas