DH and I are heading to Tassie for 8-9 days over the Christmas Holiday and would love some input from you lovely folks. We love ourdoorsy types of things and DH is an avid photographer. We're planning on a good bit of hiking and are hoping to see some fantastic wildlife!
We have a partial itinerary based around a 4 night booking at Cradle Mountain Lodge that I made about 9 months ago. We are thinking of arriving (from Sydney) in Launceston, spening a couple of nights there, moving on to Cradle Mountain for either 3 or 4 nights (is 4 nights too many?) and then moving on to the North West for 2-3 nights before returning to Launceston for our return flight to Sydney.
Any suggestions for particular day hikes in the Cradle Mountain area?. It seems there are sooo many options to choose from. We also enjoy mountain biking and see that you can rent mountain bikes from Cradle Mountain Lodge. I'm just wondering if anyone has done this and what the trails are like. We would not be interested in technical /single track riding, but something a bit more tame. Don't want to break my neck at the beginning of our holiday
The North West is where I'm having some trouble making decisions. Are there any hidden gems up that way? We were thinking Stanley might be a good locale for a 2 night stay...any other suggestions? Any activities/sights in the Northwest that we shouldn't miss?
Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!
Tasmania - Launceston, Cradle Mountain and ???
- 1 Melbourne Money Exchange
- 2 Jetstar boosts Transtasman flights
- 3 Darwin, Kakadu, Katherine itinerary help
- 4 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 5 Fine-tuning advice re pre/post-cruise destinations in Australia please
- 6 New Zealand South Island (mostly) Trip Report
- 7 Tasmanian West Coast
- 8 Sydney hotel
- 9 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 10 Australia Tour Operator Help
- 11 3 weeks in NZ self drive
- 12 Hotels in Australia
- 13 Hidden Gems in Melbourne
- 14 Help with 4 weeks on South Island!
- 15 Travel to NZ with a dog
- 16 6 hour wait at sydney for flight to brisbane. Any ideas to pass the time?
- 17 Australia 18 day trip advice
- 18 Sydney airport to Circular Quay least expensive option
- 19 BEWARE: Avoid Wicked Travel
- 20 Careful before booking any short-term accommodation on NSW Coast
- 21 Micronesia- when to visit
- 22 Seeking hike companion for Stewart Island (southernmost NZ)
- 23 Please Help my New Zealand 10 days trip Itinerary...
- 24 10 Days in NZ South Island - Feedback?
- 25 Help me plan my April - May trip to Australia