DH and I are heading to Tassie for 8-9 days over the Christmas Holiday and would love some input from you lovely folks. We love ourdoorsy types of things and DH is an avid photographer. We're planning on a good bit of hiking and are hoping to see some fantastic wildlife!
We have a partial itinerary based around a 4 night booking at Cradle Mountain Lodge that I made about 9 months ago. We are thinking of arriving (from Sydney) in Launceston, spening a couple of nights there, moving on to Cradle Mountain for either 3 or 4 nights (is 4 nights too many?) and then moving on to the North West for 2-3 nights before returning to Launceston for our return flight to Sydney.
Any suggestions for particular day hikes in the Cradle Mountain area?. It seems there are sooo many options to choose from. We also enjoy mountain biking and see that you can rent mountain bikes from Cradle Mountain Lodge. I'm just wondering if anyone has done this and what the trails are like. We would not be interested in technical /single track riding, but something a bit more tame. Don't want to break my neck at the beginning of our holiday
The North West is where I'm having some trouble making decisions. Are there any hidden gems up that way? We were thinking Stanley might be a good locale for a 2 night stay...any other suggestions? Any activities/sights in the Northwest that we shouldn't miss?
Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Brisbane to Sydney
- 2 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 3 5 days in South Island
- 4 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 5 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 6 New Zealand Itinerary
- 7 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 8 NZ visa denials
- 9 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 10 Help on Itinerary
- 11 Sydney Trip
- 12 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 13 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 14 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 15 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 16 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 17 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 18 Extra 2 nights = help
- 19 February Australia Visit
- 20 Best wildlife near sydney
- 21 Where to go in Australia
- 22 Bruny Island
- 23 Western Australia
- 24 South Island - West Coast Itinerary
- 25 Vava'u - Tongan Beach Resort - Photoshopped pictures on their website