We will be traveling to Australia from the USA in March, 2013 and spending 11 nights in Tasmania among other places. Two of the nights will be spent in Strahan because we plan on doing the Gordon River cruise and taking the West Coast Wildnerness Railway tour. That brings me to my questions. Apparently, there are two cruise companies that operate from Strahan. One, the World Heritage Cruise company (which I think is a locally run operation) and the Gordon River Cruise. Was wondering if anyone has had experience with either and which one you would recommend. The last part of the question concerns the Railway tour. Since we'll be driving into Strahan from the east (Queenstown), was wondering if the scenery seen on the train tour will be any different than what we'll be seeing from the car?? Has anyone taken this tour? I've attempted to find out tour times but not getting any responses to my email to the booking company, Pure Tasmania. Thanks in advance for any input.
View all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Transportation from Sydney Airport to Four Seasons
- 2 Is Katafanga Resort Open Yet?
- 3 Logical Airline Schedule for 2014 trip.
- 4 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 5 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 6 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 7 Sightseeing & transport in Sydney
- 8 Car Rental in Broome to Drop off in Perth
- 9 PBS Movie"A Town Called Alice"
- 10 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 11 Two 21 year old students (male) travelling from Brisbane to Cairns
- 12 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 13 Paihia or coromandel
- 14 Emirates and Jetstar
- 15 Where to stay in Christchurch?
- 16 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 17 Travelling to Auckland - Who to use for car rental?
- 18 14 days in NZ in February
- 19 16 days all over New Zealand
- 20 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 21 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 22 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 23 Heading to Australia!
- 24 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 25 South Island Itinerary