We will be traveling to Australia from the USA in March, 2013 and spending 11 nights in Tasmania among other places. Two of the nights will be spent in Strahan because we plan on doing the Gordon River cruise and taking the West Coast Wildnerness Railway tour. That brings me to my questions. Apparently, there are two cruise companies that operate from Strahan. One, the World Heritage Cruise company (which I think is a locally run operation) and the Gordon River Cruise. Was wondering if anyone has had experience with either and which one you would recommend. The last part of the question concerns the Railway tour. Since we'll be driving into Strahan from the east (Queenstown), was wondering if the scenery seen on the train tour will be any different than what we'll be seeing from the car?? Has anyone taken this tour? I've attempted to find out tour times but not getting any responses to my email to the booking company, Pure Tasmania. Thanks in advance for any input.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 1st time to Oz. Suggestions appreciated. (tripplanner001)
- 2 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 3 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 4 Sculptures by the Sea 2014, Cottesloe
- 5 Gregory NP or Limmen NP in the NT
- 6 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 7 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 8 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 9 New Zealand itinerary help
- 10 Hotel in Sydney
- 11 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 12 Melbourne Drive
- 13 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 14 Sydney or Melbourne
- 15 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 16 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 17 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 18 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 19 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 20 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 21 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 22 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 23 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 24 New York Times guide to Perth
- 25 1 month Australia East Coast December / January - ideas