We will be traveling to Australia from the USA in March, 2013 and spending 11 nights in Tasmania among other places. Two of the nights will be spent in Strahan because we plan on doing the Gordon River cruise and taking the West Coast Wildnerness Railway tour. That brings me to my questions. Apparently, there are two cruise companies that operate from Strahan. One, the World Heritage Cruise company (which I think is a locally run operation) and the Gordon River Cruise. Was wondering if anyone has had experience with either and which one you would recommend. The last part of the question concerns the Railway tour. Since we'll be driving into Strahan from the east (Queenstown), was wondering if the scenery seen on the train tour will be any different than what we'll be seeing from the car?? Has anyone taken this tour? I've attempted to find out tour times but not getting any responses to my email to the booking company, Pure Tasmania. Thanks in advance for any input.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Best Car rental company to use--Australia & New Zealand
- 2 South and North New Zealand in three weeks
- 3 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 4 Adelaide and Kangaroo Island
- 5 Accommodation Brisbane
- 6 Accommodation Brisbane
- 7 Is French really spoken in Tahiti?
- 8 Happy Australia Day!
- 9 Booked flights to Brisbane mid-June
- 10 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 11 Tim Tam
- 12 Tipping
- 13 Hobart and Launceston- 4 days each sound ok?
- 14 Transit Time at SYD
- 15 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 16 Where to visit outside Melbourne for several days?
- 17 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 18 Where to stay near Melbourne
- 19 Car rentals south island
- 20 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 21 Brisbane, need short term accommodation
- 22 18 & 19 year old traveling for two weeks after 7 months in Brisbane
- 23 Pls help with NZ South Island 12 days with surfing itinerary!
- 24 New Zealand South Island in 8 days!
- 25 OZ and NZ with a 16month old baby