Other plans got in the way and we never made it to Tassie in Feb, 2012. Still don't want to rule it out but timing and weather is always a consideration. We could spend two weeks exploring Tassie (already have been to Hobart and Port Arthur area), to cover both the NE and NW, including Mt Field NP, Cradle Moutain, Stanley, Devonport, Launceston, Freycinet, and the surrounding towns. We're considering doing this in late August, early September, 2012. Has anyone explored these areas during this time of year? I know weather is changeable and it can be cold anytime in Tasmania, but what is the usual temperature and rainfall this time of year for anyone who has actually traveled then? Also, many posts mention the Blue Tier. Where and what is that exactly? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 2 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 3 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 4 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 5 New Zealand itinerary help
- 6 Hotel in Sydney
- 7 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 8 Melbourne Drive
- 9 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 10 Sydney or Melbourne
- 11 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 12 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 13 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 14 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 15 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 16 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 17 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 18 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 19 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 20 New York Times guide to Perth
- 21 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 22 1 month Australia East Coast December / January - ideas
- 23 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 24 Shopping for Opals
- 25 Cooking classes near Melbourne