Other plans got in the way and we never made it to Tassie in Feb, 2012. Still don't want to rule it out but timing and weather is always a consideration. We could spend two weeks exploring Tassie (already have been to Hobart and Port Arthur area), to cover both the NE and NW, including Mt Field NP, Cradle Moutain, Stanley, Devonport, Launceston, Freycinet, and the surrounding towns. We're considering doing this in late August, early September, 2012. Has anyone explored these areas during this time of year? I know weather is changeable and it can be cold anytime in Tasmania, but what is the usual temperature and rainfall this time of year for anyone who has actually traveled then? Also, many posts mention the Blue Tier. Where and what is that exactly? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 The Great Australian Adventure
- 2 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 3 First time in NZ and only have a week
- 4 Songdoc's Tasmanian Honeymoon
- 5 Shoe Recommendations for NZ??
- 6 NZ SI: Picton to Christchurch anywhere worth staying a night?
- 7 18 & 19 year old traveling for two weeks after 7 months in Brisbane
- 8 Must See/Dos in New Zealand
- 9 21 day New Zealand Itinerary with Milford Track
- 10 Songdoc - Skippers Canyon
- 11 7 day south island itinerary help, start/end in Queenstown
- 12 Moorea - Villas/House/Condo's
- 13 Great Ocean Road Itinerary
- 14 5 week itinerary help
- 15 Beachmere Australias most Unfriendly Town
- 16 Help with Australia/ New Zealand plan!
- 17 New Zealand Trip - Solicit suggestions
- 18 Margaret River, One Bite at a Time
- 19 New Zealand (South Island) 10 Day Itinerary - Need Advice Please
- 20 Ideas for holidays in Australia in January/February
- 21 This special community - Fodorville
- 22 New Zealand -help with itinerary
- 23 Traveling to Hawaii
- 24 Great food/local favorites
- 25 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA