My boyfriend and I are looking for an apartment in Sydney for the month of January. I have never been there, and he was there for a few weeks back in December 1998. Absolutely loved the city, but he doesnt remember a ton about specific neighborhoods.
If you have any ideas on specific neighborhoods that you think we should look into, we'd be all ears. It's hard when you don't know someone or what they like, but I guess these are some of the things we'd look for in an ideal area.
- On or near the beach -- swimming, kayaking, biking, SUP, etc.
- Near sailing since we'll likely be taking some sailing courses while we're there
- Walking distance to good food shops -- we're very into cooking and healthy eating, and do lots of shopping at farmer's markets, organic butchers, local fish shops, etc.
- Walking distance to interesting restaurants and fun bars/ lounges
- Either walking to the CBD/downtown area, or a ferry, train or subway away, with access both during the day and at night -- we'd consider renting a car while there, but ideally wouldn't have to
Thank you so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Six Weeks Down Under
- 2 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 3 Kaikoura-Picton coast road
- 4 Picton Drive Through
- 5 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 6 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 7 Parking near Darling Harbour
- 8 North and South Island of NZ
- 9 The southern lights
- 10 Mel's NZ Photos
- 11 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 12 August Honeymoon Help?
- 13 How to split up Australia?
- 14 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 15 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 16 Brisbane to Sydney
- 17 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 18 East Coast Australia
- 19 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 20 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 21 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 22 Marlborough Sounds
- 23 Blue mountain in July
- 24 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 25 Tonga January Weather