My boyfriend and I are looking for an apartment in Sydney for the month of January. I have never been there, and he was there for a few weeks back in December 1998. Absolutely loved the city, but he doesnt remember a ton about specific neighborhoods.
If you have any ideas on specific neighborhoods that you think we should look into, we'd be all ears. It's hard when you don't know someone or what they like, but I guess these are some of the things we'd look for in an ideal area.
- On or near the beach -- swimming, kayaking, biking, SUP, etc.
- Near sailing since we'll likely be taking some sailing courses while we're there
- Walking distance to good food shops -- we're very into cooking and healthy eating, and do lots of shopping at farmer's markets, organic butchers, local fish shops, etc.
- Walking distance to interesting restaurants and fun bars/ lounges
- Either walking to the CBD/downtown area, or a ferry, train or subway away, with access both during the day and at night -- we'd consider renting a car while there, but ideally wouldn't have to
Thank you so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 help on NZ trip itinerary, what to keep what to skip
- 2 New Zealand North Island Logistics
- 3 Seeking StopOver Ideas for US to Australia Trip
- 4 some questions about upcoming trip to Australia and New Zealand
- 5 A family trip to Sydney and the Blue Mountains
- 6 Apex car rental in Australia
- 7 Drive from Nelson or Christchurch to Queenstown during winter
- 8 6 1/2 weeks Australia and New Zealand
- 9 Stay near to Melbourne airport / city?
- 10 Where best to pickup rental car in Sydney to travel to the Blue Mountains?
- 11 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 12 New Zealand 12 Days Aug-Sept
- 13 2016 Rugby internationals - anyone watching?
- 14 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 15 13 Days North & South Island in October (NZ Spring)
- 16 Tasmania
- 17 NZ expects 4.5 million tourists per year by 2022
- 18 Help for 6 days based in Queenstown
- 19 Accommodations Brisbane
- 20 Skiing in Australia in July?
- 21 Australia 2017 - Oz Winter or Spring Honeymoon?
- 22 Cairns to Sydney early 2017
- 23 Repositioning cruise
- 24 18 days nz.
- 25 South Island over December-January Holidays