My boyfriend and I are looking for an apartment in Sydney for the month of January. I have never been there, and he was there for a few weeks back in December 1998. Absolutely loved the city, but he doesnt remember a ton about specific neighborhoods.
If you have any ideas on specific neighborhoods that you think we should look into, we'd be all ears. It's hard when you don't know someone or what they like, but I guess these are some of the things we'd look for in an ideal area.
- On or near the beach -- swimming, kayaking, biking, SUP, etc.
- Near sailing since we'll likely be taking some sailing courses while we're there
- Walking distance to good food shops -- we're very into cooking and healthy eating, and do lots of shopping at farmer's markets, organic butchers, local fish shops, etc.
- Walking distance to interesting restaurants and fun bars/ lounges
- Either walking to the CBD/downtown area, or a ferry, train or subway away, with access both during the day and at night -- we'd consider renting a car while there, but ideally wouldn't have to
Thank you so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Brisbane to Sydney
- 2 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 3 5 days in South Island
- 4 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 5 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 6 New Zealand Itinerary
- 7 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 8 NZ visa denials
- 9 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 10 Help on Itinerary
- 11 Sydney Trip
- 12 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 13 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 14 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 15 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 16 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 17 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 18 Extra 2 nights = help
- 19 February Australia Visit
- 20 Best wildlife near sydney
- 21 Where to go in Australia
- 22 Bruny Island
- 23 Western Australia
- 24 South Island - West Coast Itinerary
- 25 Vava'u - Tongan Beach Resort - Photoshopped pictures on their website