My boyfriend and I are looking for an apartment in Sydney for the month of January. I have never been there, and he was there for a few weeks back in December 1998. Absolutely loved the city, but he doesnt remember a ton about specific neighborhoods.
If you have any ideas on specific neighborhoods that you think we should look into, we'd be all ears. It's hard when you don't know someone or what they like, but I guess these are some of the things we'd look for in an ideal area.
- On or near the beach -- swimming, kayaking, biking, SUP, etc.
- Near sailing since we'll likely be taking some sailing courses while we're there
- Walking distance to good food shops -- we're very into cooking and healthy eating, and do lots of shopping at farmer's markets, organic butchers, local fish shops, etc.
- Walking distance to interesting restaurants and fun bars/ lounges
- Either walking to the CBD/downtown area, or a ferry, train or subway away, with access both during the day and at night -- we'd consider renting a car while there, but ideally wouldn't have to
Thank you so much!!
Sydney in January
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Victoria to Uluru - Trip Report
- 2 Trip itinerary-Sydney Melbourne Tasmania
- 3 Avoid Europcar car rental
- 4 Dare I Plan? Melbourne - Sydney - Auckland
- 5 Paging Cathies
- 6 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 7 Please critique my plan for 2 weeks in Australia (first trip)
- 8 One day in Fiji
- 9 Kangaroo island
- 10 Looking for feedback on four week itinerary
- 11 Leaving on a jet plane....
- 12 Itinerary 20 days
- 13 Queenstown to Nelson Itinerary Question
- 14 Recommendations for kids travel book?
- 15 Rent or buy campervan
- 16 Great Ocean Road Itinerary
- 17 Melbourne Tram riders and visitors
- 18 Melbourne Itinery - GOR/Mornington/Philips Island
- 19 South Island NZ: First 2 weeks of November
- 20 Cell phone providers
- 21 I've read the posts and still either want to cry or drink! Help
- 22 GBR - Where to base our 3 1/2 day visit
- 23 Craig and Jeane Visit Sydney and the Blue Mountains - September 2014
- 24 New Zealand - 12 Nights Trip
- 25 Griffith - Wine and Food