My boyfriend and I are looking for an apartment in Sydney for the month of January. I have never been there, and he was there for a few weeks back in December 1998. Absolutely loved the city, but he doesnt remember a ton about specific neighborhoods.
If you have any ideas on specific neighborhoods that you think we should look into, we'd be all ears. It's hard when you don't know someone or what they like, but I guess these are some of the things we'd look for in an ideal area.
- On or near the beach -- swimming, kayaking, biking, SUP, etc.
- Near sailing since we'll likely be taking some sailing courses while we're there
- Walking distance to good food shops -- we're very into cooking and healthy eating, and do lots of shopping at farmer's markets, organic butchers, local fish shops, etc.
- Walking distance to interesting restaurants and fun bars/ lounges
- Either walking to the CBD/downtown area, or a ferry, train or subway away, with access both during the day and at night -- we'd consider renting a car while there, but ideally wouldn't have to
Thank you so much!!
Sydney in January
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 2 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 3 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 4 Ferry to Manly Beach
- 5 How many days needed in Sydney?
- 6 Paging Cathies
- 7 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 8 Byron Bay or ...
- 9 NZ vs Aust
- 10 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 11 Playing Marbles with the Devil - AKA 2 weeks in the Northern Territory
- 12 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
- 13 Recommendations for travel on the Great Ocean Road
- 14 Joe Tro's Australia/LA trip report
- 15 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 16 August week end in Auckland
- 17 28 days to campervan around australia
- 18 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 19 Wicked Weekend I Melbourne - too much fun!
- 20 5 days in Sydney: itinerary review
- 21 Sydney Weather in September
- 22 South Island Suggestions ...
- 23 Favorite things to do in Melbourne
- 24 A Long Weekend Escape to Pemberton, WA
- 25 Bora Bora---Snorkeling AT the resort??