My boyfriend and I are looking for an apartment in Sydney for the month of January. I have never been there, and he was there for a few weeks back in December 1998. Absolutely loved the city, but he doesnt remember a ton about specific neighborhoods.
If you have any ideas on specific neighborhoods that you think we should look into, we'd be all ears. It's hard when you don't know someone or what they like, but I guess these are some of the things we'd look for in an ideal area.
- On or near the beach -- swimming, kayaking, biking, SUP, etc.
- Near sailing since we'll likely be taking some sailing courses while we're there
- Walking distance to good food shops -- we're very into cooking and healthy eating, and do lots of shopping at farmer's markets, organic butchers, local fish shops, etc.
- Walking distance to interesting restaurants and fun bars/ lounges
- Either walking to the CBD/downtown area, or a ferry, train or subway away, with access both during the day and at night -- we'd consider renting a car while there, but ideally wouldn't have to
Thank you so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand Trip: Late September/South Island/10 days.
- 2 Dec trip - Itinerary planning help and recommendations
- 3 Sydney CBC Serviced Apartment
- 4 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 5 3 days for trip from Christchurch
- 6 Help organizing a Tasmanian road trip
- 7 Tasmania Itinerary Question
- 8 New Zealand Itinerary January/February
- 9 Need help on 2 week itinerary - North Island, winter, with kids (5, 7, 10)
- 10 Help a North American understand winter in New Zealand
- 11 Need Advice for NZ winter trip itinerary
- 12 Sydney on New Years Eve: Worth It?
- 13 Franz Josef or Mt. Cook?
- 14 One day in Sydney
- 15 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 16 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary - Sydney & New Zealand (South Island)
- 17 Fiji - Snorkel & Scuba
- 18 9 days in Fiji
- 19 Which Island for a longer stay?
- 20 Great Barrier Reef snorkeling vs Fiji snorkeling for a 2 week honeymoon?
- 21 Auf Wiedersehen Australia
- 22 Australia Itinerary Help In July/August
- 23 Red Centre - how long to stay
- 24 New Zealand/Fiji/Tahiti/Australia oh my
- 25 Physically Disabled Solo Traveler in Sydney, Cairns