My boyfriend and I are looking for an apartment in Sydney for the month of January. I have never been there, and he was there for a few weeks back in December 1998. Absolutely loved the city, but he doesnt remember a ton about specific neighborhoods.
If you have any ideas on specific neighborhoods that you think we should look into, we'd be all ears. It's hard when you don't know someone or what they like, but I guess these are some of the things we'd look for in an ideal area.
- On or near the beach -- swimming, kayaking, biking, SUP, etc.
- Near sailing since we'll likely be taking some sailing courses while we're there
- Walking distance to good food shops -- we're very into cooking and healthy eating, and do lots of shopping at farmer's markets, organic butchers, local fish shops, etc.
- Walking distance to interesting restaurants and fun bars/ lounges
- Either walking to the CBD/downtown area, or a ferry, train or subway away, with access both during the day and at night -- we'd consider renting a car while there, but ideally wouldn't have to
Thank you so much!!
Sydney in January
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 2 Paging Cathies
- 3 Abel to Punakai / Greymouth
- 4 Family trip over Spring Break
- 5 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 6 Cairns/PD - can we manage without a car?
- 7 Sydney CBD & Potts Point accommodation
- 8 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 9 Traveling between Australia and New Zealand in June
- 10 14 day honeymoon in NZ. Itinerary help please
- 11 Cairns itinerary - inputs needed
- 12 NewZealand honeymoon suggestions
- 13 5 days in Tasmania
- 14 August week end in Auckland
- 15 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 16 Limestone Coast, South Australia - ideas needed
- 17 Favorite things to do in Melbourne
- 18 Ferry to Manly Beach
- 19 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 20 Help
- 21 10 days in NZ itinerary
- 22 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 23 Byron Bay or ...
- 24 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 25 Dec 2014 family trip-need help with itinerary