Two of us are trying to finalize a trip to Australia and the Cook islands for two weeks in mid February. and we are from New England
We have good accomadation suggestions already from previous posts Thank you all.
1.Can you review my itinerary please.below? Is this itinerary adequete for a first visit ?
Sydney 5 days
Great Barrier Reef 1.5-2 days
Rarotonga 2 or 3 days ??
Aitutaki 1 or 2 days?
2..Is mid February a good summer month for this visit?
3. Airlines? Does anyone have experience with these airlines?
American Boston to Lax
Quantas Lax to Sydney then after Great Barrier Reef
Air New Zealand Sydney to Rarotonga
Air Rarotonga to Aitutaki back to Rarotonga
Rarotonga to Lax Air New Zealand or Rarotonga- Auckland NZ to Lax Quantas
Of course 2 weeks might not be alot of time but if we enjoy this short amount of time we may go back for an extended stay.
We are defintely city people so that is why 5 days in Sydney. We also love the ocean swimming and snorkleing as well as lying on the beach. We are choosing the Cook Islands instead of French Polenesia as it is less touristy but probably very beautiful too.
I appreciate everyone's imput. I tried to do alot of homework myself as I have been planning this trip for a few years. This trip was postponed as this May I had the opportunity to go to Paris to a friend's apt and travel to beautiful Helsinki and the beautiful city of St. Petersburg Russia. Now it is time for a South Pacific Adventure.
I look forward to your suggestions and good coments.
Sydney, Great Barrier Reef, Rarotonga and Aitutaki
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand: Cruise vs. Land
- 2 Sculptures by the Sea 2014, Cottesloe
- 3 1st time to Oz. Suggestions appreciated. (tripplanner001)
- 4 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 5 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 6 Gregory NP or Limmen NP in the NT
- 7 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 8 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 9 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 10 New Zealand itinerary help
- 11 Hotel in Sydney
- 12 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 13 Melbourne Drive
- 14 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 15 Sydney or Melbourne
- 16 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 17 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 18 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 19 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 20 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 21 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 22 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 23 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 24 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 25 New York Times guide to Perth