Two of us are trying to finalize a trip to Australia and the Cook islands for two weeks in mid February. and we are from New England
We have good accomadation suggestions already from previous posts Thank you all.
1.Can you review my itinerary please.below? Is this itinerary adequete for a first visit ?
Sydney 5 days
Great Barrier Reef 1.5-2 days
Rarotonga 2 or 3 days ??
Aitutaki 1 or 2 days?
2..Is mid February a good summer month for this visit?
3. Airlines? Does anyone have experience with these airlines?
American Boston to Lax
Quantas Lax to Sydney then after Great Barrier Reef
Air New Zealand Sydney to Rarotonga
Air Rarotonga to Aitutaki back to Rarotonga
Rarotonga to Lax Air New Zealand or Rarotonga- Auckland NZ to Lax Quantas
Of course 2 weeks might not be alot of time but if we enjoy this short amount of time we may go back for an extended stay.
We are defintely city people so that is why 5 days in Sydney. We also love the ocean swimming and snorkleing as well as lying on the beach. We are choosing the Cook Islands instead of French Polenesia as it is less touristy but probably very beautiful too.
I appreciate everyone's imput. I tried to do alot of homework myself as I have been planning this trip for a few years. This trip was postponed as this May I had the opportunity to go to Paris to a friend's apt and travel to beautiful Helsinki and the beautiful city of St. Petersburg Russia. Now it is time for a South Pacific Adventure.
I look forward to your suggestions and good coments.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Australia and New Zealand Oct/Nov 2017
- 2 Family trip report: Tahiti, Huahine, Bora Bora and Moorea
- 3 1 day scenic tour from Gold coast
- 4 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 5 Help with New Zealand Itinerary
- 6 Mucky, Smchrissy, Margo, Alan -I've lost the New Years Eve thread
- 7 Is this a good time to talk about the Lions' tour?
- 8 Bali, Fiji, Bora Bora, Maldives? Which is better?
- 9 help with intinerary please!
- 10 Early Planning to the South Pacific
- 11 Ahe to Manihi or v.v.
- 12 early planning for NZ South Island trip - please provide feedback
- 13 Quaint
- 14 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 15 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 16 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 17 Western Australia + Where?
- 18 Port Douglas/Cairns
- 19 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 20 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 21 A few days in Darwin
- 22 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
- 23 Hiking, cycling, and kayaking on the South Island
- 24 Ride sharing Service
- 25 Our Three weeks in Australia and PNG