Two of us are trying to finalize a trip to Australia and the Cook islands for two weeks in mid February. and we are from New England
We have good accomadation suggestions already from previous posts Thank you all.
1.Can you review my itinerary please.below? Is this itinerary adequete for a first visit ?
Sydney 5 days
Great Barrier Reef 1.5-2 days
Rarotonga 2 or 3 days ??
Aitutaki 1 or 2 days?
2..Is mid February a good summer month for this visit?
3. Airlines? Does anyone have experience with these airlines?
American Boston to Lax
Quantas Lax to Sydney then after Great Barrier Reef
Air New Zealand Sydney to Rarotonga
Air Rarotonga to Aitutaki back to Rarotonga
Rarotonga to Lax Air New Zealand or Rarotonga- Auckland NZ to Lax Quantas
Of course 2 weeks might not be alot of time but if we enjoy this short amount of time we may go back for an extended stay.
We are defintely city people so that is why 5 days in Sydney. We also love the ocean swimming and snorkleing as well as lying on the beach. We are choosing the Cook Islands instead of French Polenesia as it is less touristy but probably very beautiful too.
I appreciate everyone's imput. I tried to do alot of homework myself as I have been planning this trip for a few years. This trip was postponed as this May I had the opportunity to go to Paris to a friend's apt and travel to beautiful Helsinki and the beautiful city of St. Petersburg Russia. Now it is time for a South Pacific Adventure.
I look forward to your suggestions and good coments.
Sydney, Great Barrier Reef, Rarotonga and Aitutaki
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Dare I Plan? Melbourne - Sydney - Auckland
- 2 Melbourne Itinery - GOR/Mornington/Philips Island
- 3 Best phone to use in US and Canada
- 4 Tasmania Itinerary Question
- 5 My gap year is adventure
- 6 Sydney
- 7 Craig and Jeane Visit Sydney and the Blue Mountains - September 2014
- 8 Globus
- 9 So much good wine, so little time; South Australia's Limestone Coast
- 10 Melbourne, Adelaide, Tasmania in which order?
- 11 Queenstown to Christchurch - Car Hire (P plates)
- 12 A Quick trip to NSW's Central West - an old brown dog, a grapefruit & a
- 13 Blue Mountains Australia
- 14 NEW ZEALAND
- 15 Byron Bay Surf Festival
- 16 New Zealand Marlborough wine country tour
- 17 Canberra Weekend - Art, Table 11 at the Pork Barrel Cafe & 'roo at the Ruby
- 18 Penguins in Bicheno or Phillip Island?
- 19 dinner cruise in sydney harbor
- 20 Queenstown to Nelson Itinerary Question
- 21 Sydney-which pass to buy?
- 22 Initial Planning for NZ trip
- 23 Honeymooning in Australia and NZ
- 24 Itinerary Planning
- 25 New Zealand South Island Itinerary