Two of us are trying to finalize a trip to Australia and the Cook islands for two weeks in mid February. and we are from New England
We have good accomadation suggestions already from previous posts Thank you all.
1.Can you review my itinerary please.below? Is this itinerary adequete for a first visit ?
Sydney 5 days
Great Barrier Reef 1.5-2 days
Rarotonga 2 or 3 days ??
Aitutaki 1 or 2 days?
2..Is mid February a good summer month for this visit?
3. Airlines? Does anyone have experience with these airlines?
American Boston to Lax
Quantas Lax to Sydney then after Great Barrier Reef
Air New Zealand Sydney to Rarotonga
Air Rarotonga to Aitutaki back to Rarotonga
Rarotonga to Lax Air New Zealand or Rarotonga- Auckland NZ to Lax Quantas
Of course 2 weeks might not be alot of time but if we enjoy this short amount of time we may go back for an extended stay.
We are defintely city people so that is why 5 days in Sydney. We also love the ocean swimming and snorkleing as well as lying on the beach. We are choosing the Cook Islands instead of French Polenesia as it is less touristy but probably very beautiful too.
I appreciate everyone's imput. I tried to do alot of homework myself as I have been planning this trip for a few years. This trip was postponed as this May I had the opportunity to go to Paris to a friend's apt and travel to beautiful Helsinki and the beautiful city of St. Petersburg Russia. Now it is time for a South Pacific Adventure.
I look forward to your suggestions and good coments.
Sydney, Great Barrier Reef, Rarotonga and Aitutaki
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Happy Australia Day!
- 2 Booked flights to Brisbane mid-June
- 3 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 4 Tim Tam
- 5 Tipping
- 6 Adelaide and Kangaroo Island
- 7 Hobart and Launceston- 4 days each sound ok?
- 8 Transit Time at SYD
- 9 Is French really spoken in Tahiti?
- 10 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 11 Where to visit outside Melbourne for several days?
- 12 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 13 Where to stay near Melbourne
- 14 Car rentals south island
- 15 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 16 Brisbane, need short term accommodation
- 17 18 & 19 year old traveling for two weeks after 7 months in Brisbane
- 18 Pls help with NZ South Island 12 days with surfing itinerary!
- 19 New Zealand South Island in 8 days!
- 20 OZ and NZ with a 16month old baby
- 21 NZ North Island 17 days in March
- 22 New Zealand
- 23 Need Rotorua advice
- 24 My tips for NZ motorhome hire
- 25 Broome to Cape Leveque