Two of us are trying to finalize a trip to Australia and the Cook islands for two weeks in mid February. and we are from New England
We have good accomadation suggestions already from previous posts Thank you all.
1.Can you review my itinerary please.below? Is this itinerary adequete for a first visit ?
Sydney 5 days
Great Barrier Reef 1.5-2 days
Rarotonga 2 or 3 days ??
Aitutaki 1 or 2 days?
2..Is mid February a good summer month for this visit?
3. Airlines? Does anyone have experience with these airlines?
American Boston to Lax
Quantas Lax to Sydney then after Great Barrier Reef
Air New Zealand Sydney to Rarotonga
Air Rarotonga to Aitutaki back to Rarotonga
Rarotonga to Lax Air New Zealand or Rarotonga- Auckland NZ to Lax Quantas
Of course 2 weeks might not be alot of time but if we enjoy this short amount of time we may go back for an extended stay.
We are defintely city people so that is why 5 days in Sydney. We also love the ocean swimming and snorkleing as well as lying on the beach. We are choosing the Cook Islands instead of French Polenesia as it is less touristy but probably very beautiful too.
I appreciate everyone's imput. I tried to do alot of homework myself as I have been planning this trip for a few years. This trip was postponed as this May I had the opportunity to go to Paris to a friend's apt and travel to beautiful Helsinki and the beautiful city of St. Petersburg Russia. Now it is time for a South Pacific Adventure.
I look forward to your suggestions and good coments.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Kaikoura-Picton coast road
- 2 Six Weeks Down Under
- 3 Picton Drive Through
- 4 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 5 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 6 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 7 Parking near Darling Harbour
- 8 North and South Island of NZ
- 9 The southern lights
- 10 Mel's NZ Photos
- 11 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 12 August Honeymoon Help?
- 13 How to split up Australia?
- 14 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 15 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 16 Brisbane to Sydney
- 17 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 18 East Coast Australia
- 19 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 20 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 21 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 22 Marlborough Sounds
- 23 Blue mountain in July
- 24 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 25 Tonga January Weather