This is my first post on a once of a lifetime trip. Thank you for helping me plan it! We are from Florida and traveling to Sydney for a Rotary International Convention in Sydney that starts June 1 2014. We can leave Sydney June 4th or 5th. The only other set in stone arrangement is our flight back to the states on June 18th. I feel like I have a good feel for Sydney but am looking for opinions for the rest of the trip. I know it is winter down under which we be nice since it is hot in Florida that time of year. Interested in GBR and rainforests, and surrounding areas. How long should we stay here before taking off again? We will rent a car in Cairns. My thoughts are to fly to Melbourne (we must do GOR) and from this point are flexible. Wine country is of interest, however we have done Sonoma and Napa Valley in the past. Being winter I was unsure if time away from wine country would be better spent.
I have researched this forum and have received great ideas but these are still questions I need help on!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Worth giving up a day in Wanaka?
- 2 Help needed--GBR, Daintree, Mossman, Atherton
- 3 Pre cruise Sydney hotel recommendations
- 4 Car hire in NZ
- 5 Hobbiton Movie Set Tour Question
- 6 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 7 Auf Wiedersehen Australia
- 8 If you had 2 months for NZ and Australia
- 9 Cruise, tour company or self directed of Aus/NZ?
- 10 5 days in Tasmania--help needed
- 11 Sydney on New Years Eve: Worth It?
- 12 Mammals and avians in SA and NSW
- 13 The perfect exotic and romantic location for my girlfriend's 21st?
- 14 DIY Sydney surroundings
- 15 Hobart accommodation
- 16 Car rental for Kangaroo Island
- 17 to Kangaroo Island by rented car on the ferry ?
- 18 NZ North Island Itinerary Critique
- 19 New Zealand advice
- 20 Sydney - GTG with Raincitygirl - April
- 21 Help organizing a Tasmanian road trip
- 22 Sydney Airport Hotels?
- 23 Extra time in Melbourne
- 24 Itinerary help Australia & New Zealand
- 25 Perth, Red Center itinerary - need help!