This is my first post on a once of a lifetime trip. Thank you for helping me plan it! We are from Florida and traveling to Sydney for a Rotary International Convention in Sydney that starts June 1 2014. We can leave Sydney June 4th or 5th. The only other set in stone arrangement is our flight back to the states on June 18th. I feel like I have a good feel for Sydney but am looking for opinions for the rest of the trip. I know it is winter down under which we be nice since it is hot in Florida that time of year. Interested in GBR and rainforests, and surrounding areas. How long should we stay here before taking off again? We will rent a car in Cairns. My thoughts are to fly to Melbourne (we must do GOR) and from this point are flexible. Wine country is of interest, however we have done Sonoma and Napa Valley in the past. Being winter I was unsure if time away from wine country would be better spent.
I have researched this forum and have received great ideas but these are still questions I need help on!
Sydney, Great Barrier Reef and what else in three weeks?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 QUALITY PASSPORTS, DRIVER LICENSE, IDs REGISTER (email@example.com)
- 2 Dare I Plan? Melbourne - Sydney - Auckland
- 3 Packages
- 4 Trip itinerary-Sydney Melbourne Tasmania
- 5 Melbourne Itinery - GOR/Mornington/Philips Island
- 6 Should we change our plans ???
- 7 Please critique my plan for 2 weeks in Australia (first trip)
- 8 The Rainbow Coast, Western Australia photos
- 9 Victoria to Uluru - Trip Report
- 10 Australia and New Zealand 2 month itinerary
- 11 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 12 Tour/Travel Company-Goway
- 13 Paging Cathies
- 14 Kangaroo island
- 15 Itinerary 20 days
- 16 Avoid Europcar car rental
- 17 One day in Fiji
- 18 Looking for feedback on four week itinerary
- 19 Leaving on a jet plane....
- 20 Queenstown to Nelson Itinerary Question
- 21 Recommendations for kids travel book?
- 22 Rent or buy campervan
- 23 Great Ocean Road Itinerary
- 24 Melbourne Tram riders and visitors
- 25 South Island NZ: First 2 weeks of November