This is my first post on a once of a lifetime trip. Thank you for helping me plan it! We are from Florida and traveling to Sydney for a Rotary International Convention in Sydney that starts June 1 2014. We can leave Sydney June 4th or 5th. The only other set in stone arrangement is our flight back to the states on June 18th. I feel like I have a good feel for Sydney but am looking for opinions for the rest of the trip. I know it is winter down under which we be nice since it is hot in Florida that time of year. Interested in GBR and rainforests, and surrounding areas. How long should we stay here before taking off again? We will rent a car in Cairns. My thoughts are to fly to Melbourne (we must do GOR) and from this point are flexible. Wine country is of interest, however we have done Sonoma and Napa Valley in the past. Being winter I was unsure if time away from wine country would be better spent.
I have researched this forum and have received great ideas but these are still questions I need help on!
Sydney, Great Barrier Reef and what else in three weeks?
- 1 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 2 Emirates and Jetstar
- 3 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 4 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 5 PBS Movie"A Town Called Alice"
- 6 Two 21 year old students (male) travelling from Brisbane to Cairns
- 7 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 8 Car Rental in Broome to Drop off in Perth
- 9 Where to stay in Christchurch?
- 10 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 11 Travelling to Auckland - Who to use for car rental?
- 12 14 days in NZ in February
- 13 Sightseeing & transport in Sydney
- 14 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 15 16 days all over New Zealand
- 16 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 17 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 18 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 19 Heading to Australia!
- 20 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 21 South Island Itinerary
- 22 A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013
- 23 Trip Report: Milford and Routeburn Tracks Nov 2010
- 24 Having trouble with 17 day itinerary in Australia especially Melbourne area
- 25 Information on Transit Visa in Australia