This is my first post on a once of a lifetime trip. Thank you for helping me plan it! We are from Florida and traveling to Sydney for a Rotary International Convention in Sydney that starts June 1 2014. We can leave Sydney June 4th or 5th. The only other set in stone arrangement is our flight back to the states on June 18th. I feel like I have a good feel for Sydney but am looking for opinions for the rest of the trip. I know it is winter down under which we be nice since it is hot in Florida that time of year. Interested in GBR and rainforests, and surrounding areas. How long should we stay here before taking off again? We will rent a car in Cairns. My thoughts are to fly to Melbourne (we must do GOR) and from this point are flexible. Wine country is of interest, however we have done Sonoma and Napa Valley in the past. Being winter I was unsure if time away from wine country would be better spent.
I have researched this forum and have received great ideas but these are still questions I need help on!
Sydney, Great Barrier Reef and what else in three weeks?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Ferry to Manly Beach
- 2 5 days in Tasmania
- 3 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 4 Help
- 5 10 days in NZ itinerary
- 6 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 7 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 8 Byron Bay or ...
- 9 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 10 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 11 Dec 2014 family trip-need help with itinerary
- 12 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 13 How many days needed in Sydney?
- 14 Paging Cathies
- 15 NZ vs Aust
- 16 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 17 Playing Marbles with the Devil - AKA 2 weeks in the Northern Territory
- 18 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
- 19 Recommendations for travel on the Great Ocean Road
- 20 Joe Tro's Australia/LA trip report
- 21 August week end in Auckland
- 22 28 days to campervan around australia
- 23 Wicked Weekend I Melbourne - too much fun!
- 24 5 days in Sydney: itinerary review
- 25 Sydney Weather in September