This is my first post on a once of a lifetime trip. Thank you for helping me plan it! We are from Florida and traveling to Sydney for a Rotary International Convention in Sydney that starts June 1 2014. We can leave Sydney June 4th or 5th. The only other set in stone arrangement is our flight back to the states on June 18th. I feel like I have a good feel for Sydney but am looking for opinions for the rest of the trip. I know it is winter down under which we be nice since it is hot in Florida that time of year. Interested in GBR and rainforests, and surrounding areas. How long should we stay here before taking off again? We will rent a car in Cairns. My thoughts are to fly to Melbourne (we must do GOR) and from this point are flexible. Wine country is of interest, however we have done Sonoma and Napa Valley in the past. Being winter I was unsure if time away from wine country would be better spent.
I have researched this forum and have received great ideas but these are still questions I need help on!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 14 day South NZ Trip
- 2 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 3 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 4 Best national park around Sydney
- 5 1 night stay around GOR
- 6 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 7 7 days in New Zealand
- 8 One-day hike in Milford area
- 9 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 10 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 11 NZ repeat visitors
- 12 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 13 South Island Suggestions
- 14 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 15 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 16 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 17 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 18 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 19 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 20 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 21 New Zealand Car Rental
- 22 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 23 What exactly is a NZ sound?
- 24 4 weeks in New Zealand
- 25 An interesting read re driving to Milford Sound