This is my first post on a once of a lifetime trip. Thank you for helping me plan it! We are from Florida and traveling to Sydney for a Rotary International Convention in Sydney that starts June 1 2014. We can leave Sydney June 4th or 5th. The only other set in stone arrangement is our flight back to the states on June 18th. I feel like I have a good feel for Sydney but am looking for opinions for the rest of the trip. I know it is winter down under which we be nice since it is hot in Florida that time of year. Interested in GBR and rainforests, and surrounding areas. How long should we stay here before taking off again? We will rent a car in Cairns. My thoughts are to fly to Melbourne (we must do GOR) and from this point are flexible. Wine country is of interest, however we have done Sonoma and Napa Valley in the past. Being winter I was unsure if time away from wine country would be better spent.
I have researched this forum and have received great ideas but these are still questions I need help on!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Help with New Zealand Itinerary
- 2 New Zealand tenative 18 day itinerary
- 3 Travel passes within Australia
- 4 Milford Sound Cruises
- 5 Sydney-Things to Do
- 6 Palm Cove in Feburary
- 7 3 weeks in Aus in March
- 8 drive or fly?
- 9 NZ Honeymoon in February -14 days
- 10 first time to Australia and new Zealand
- 11 I've been given my assignment: Fiji and...?
- 12 Nelson, New Zealand
- 13 Melbourne City Holiday Apartment
- 14 10-12 days in Tasmania
- 15 Is Jetstar really that bad?
- 16 French Polynesia - Cruise or Land?
- 17 Sydney Public Transport Opal Card?
- 18 3 days in Gold cost , where to stay
- 19 I Need Help Deciding Which Way To Go Around Australia
- 20 30 Day Australia Itinerary Feedback
- 21 Nevis Bungy & Swing
- 22 Sydney & Palm Cove in November
- 23 Tahiti or Raiatea?
- 24 NZ 10 day honeymoon, driving NI and SI
- 25 Boat charter Raitea