This is my first post on a once of a lifetime trip. Thank you for helping me plan it! We are from Florida and traveling to Sydney for a Rotary International Convention in Sydney that starts June 1 2014. We can leave Sydney June 4th or 5th. The only other set in stone arrangement is our flight back to the states on June 18th. I feel like I have a good feel for Sydney but am looking for opinions for the rest of the trip. I know it is winter down under which we be nice since it is hot in Florida that time of year. Interested in GBR and rainforests, and surrounding areas. How long should we stay here before taking off again? We will rent a car in Cairns. My thoughts are to fly to Melbourne (we must do GOR) and from this point are flexible. Wine country is of interest, however we have done Sonoma and Napa Valley in the past. Being winter I was unsure if time away from wine country would be better spent.
I have researched this forum and have received great ideas but these are still questions I need help on!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Sydney on New Years Eve: Worth It?
- 2 One day in Sydney
- 3 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 4 Need help on 2 week itinerary - North Island, winter, with kids (5, 7, 10)
- 5 Help a North American understand winter in New Zealand
- 6 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 7 New Zealand Itinerary January/February
- 8 Help organizing a Tasmanian road trip
- 9 Dec trip - Itinerary planning help and recommendations
- 10 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary - Sydney & New Zealand (South Island)
- 11 Fiji - Snorkel & Scuba
- 12 9 days in Fiji
- 13 Which Island for a longer stay?
- 14 Great Barrier Reef snorkeling vs Fiji snorkeling for a 2 week honeymoon?
- 15 Auf Wiedersehen Australia
- 16 Australia Itinerary Help In July/August
- 17 Red Centre - how long to stay
- 18 New Zealand/Fiji/Tahiti/Australia oh my
- 19 Physically Disabled Solo Traveler in Sydney, Cairns
- 20 Final leg of trip: SI to NI
- 21 Australia Trip Report: Hayman Island/SCUBA/GBR (part 5)
- 22 New Zealand Trip: Late September/South Island/10 days.
- 23 Dining Solo in Australia's capital cities?
- 24 Sydney - inner west & eastern suburbs - local gems
- 25 DIY Sydney surroundings