This is my first post on a once of a lifetime trip. Thank you for helping me plan it! We are from Florida and traveling to Sydney for a Rotary International Convention in Sydney that starts June 1 2014. We can leave Sydney June 4th or 5th. The only other set in stone arrangement is our flight back to the states on June 18th. I feel like I have a good feel for Sydney but am looking for opinions for the rest of the trip. I know it is winter down under which we be nice since it is hot in Florida that time of year. Interested in GBR and rainforests, and surrounding areas. How long should we stay here before taking off again? We will rent a car in Cairns. My thoughts are to fly to Melbourne (we must do GOR) and from this point are flexible. Wine country is of interest, however we have done Sonoma and Napa Valley in the past. Being winter I was unsure if time away from wine country would be better spent.
I have researched this forum and have received great ideas but these are still questions I need help on!
Sydney, Great Barrier Reef and what else in three weeks?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Paging Cathies
- 2 Transit time between international connections at Brisbane Airport?
- 3 Tahiti? First time Impressions? Good French Polynesia Deals?
- 4 So much good wine, so little time; South Australia's Limestone Coast
- 5 Urgent help on 12 Nights South Island Itinerary
- 6 Cape Trib-self-drive or tour
- 7 5 guys travelling the GOR in March
- 8 Traveling between Australia and New Zealand in June
- 9 Weather ?
- 10 Sydney 23 Dec - 1st Jan then onto Perth advice please.
- 11 Please help with our first attempt at New Zealand itinerary
- 12 Wicked Camper: DON'T ever hire from them!!!!!!!!!!
- 13 Need Help with a 16 night itinerary in Australia with Kids
- 14 Itinerary Planning
- 15 Sydney - City to Surf. 10 August 2014
- 16 planning honeymoon trip in Australia in February
- 17 South IslandItinerary Help
- 18 Australia Trip Report with Pictures May 2013
- 19 Lazy, don't want to research on line..
- 20 Sydney for 3 days
- 21 Careful before booking any short-term accommodation on NSW Coast
- 22 Help -- tight flight connection in Auckland
- 23 Conquering Great Walks
- 24 Accommodation Brisbane
- 25 Great Barrier Reef in January/February??