This is my first post on a once of a lifetime trip. Thank you for helping me plan it! We are from Florida and traveling to Sydney for a Rotary International Convention in Sydney that starts June 1 2014. We can leave Sydney June 4th or 5th. The only other set in stone arrangement is our flight back to the states on June 18th. I feel like I have a good feel for Sydney but am looking for opinions for the rest of the trip. I know it is winter down under which we be nice since it is hot in Florida that time of year. Interested in GBR and rainforests, and surrounding areas. How long should we stay here before taking off again? We will rent a car in Cairns. My thoughts are to fly to Melbourne (we must do GOR) and from this point are flexible. Wine country is of interest, however we have done Sonoma and Napa Valley in the past. Being winter I was unsure if time away from wine country would be better spent.
I have researched this forum and have received great ideas but these are still questions I need help on!
Sydney, Great Barrier Reef and what else in three weeks?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 First time in NZ and only have a week
- 2 Songdoc's Tasmanian Honeymoon
- 3 Shoe Recommendations for NZ??
- 4 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 5 The Great Australian Adventure
- 6 NZ SI: Picton to Christchurch anywhere worth staying a night?
- 7 18 & 19 year old traveling for two weeks after 7 months in Brisbane
- 8 Must See/Dos in New Zealand
- 9 21 day New Zealand Itinerary with Milford Track
- 10 Songdoc - Skippers Canyon
- 11 7 day south island itinerary help, start/end in Queenstown
- 12 Moorea - Villas/House/Condo's
- 13 Great Ocean Road Itinerary
- 14 5 week itinerary help
- 15 Beachmere Australias most Unfriendly Town
- 16 Help with Australia/ New Zealand plan!
- 17 New Zealand Trip - Solicit suggestions
- 18 Margaret River, One Bite at a Time
- 19 New Zealand (South Island) 10 Day Itinerary - Need Advice Please
- 20 Ideas for holidays in Australia in January/February
- 21 This special community - Fodorville
- 22 New Zealand -help with itinerary
- 23 Traveling to Hawaii
- 24 Great food/local favorites
- 25 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA