Arriving from Hobart on Virgin Australia around noon and our connecting flight to Honolulu is at 9:30 pm on Hawaiian Air. We'd like to do something fun in that layover but I'm sure I have closer to 5 hours than 9! Assuming VA will not check the bags through on Hawaiian, what's going to be involved with 1)collecting bags, 2)transferring to the International terminal, and either 3)checking in at Hawaiian (probably too early at noon) or leaving them in left luggage? My gut says move to the International terminal immediately, deal with the bags and THEN grab a train into Sydney for at least lunch and a walk around. We have been to Sydney several times so not trying to really sight-see. Better suggestions from those in the know, please! Thanks much.
Sydney Airport: how much time do we really have??
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 5 days in Tasmania--help needed
- 2 Sydney Airport Hotels?
- 3 Which Island for a longer stay?
- 4 Help organizing a Tasmanian road trip
- 5 NSW/Queensland- 4 free days
- 6 Sydney
- 7 If you had 2 months for NZ and Australia
- 8 Extra time in Melbourne
- 9 DIY Sydney surroundings
- 10 best time for traveling in the kimberley and NT
- 11 Renting (hiring) a car near Sydney - or not
- 12 NZ North Island Itinerary Critique
- 13 Margo Oz are you there ?
- 14 Need help for Dec.-Jan. Australia trip--Melbourne, Tazzie?, KI?, GBR
- 15 Tassie in winter
- 16 Christchurch or Akaroa?
- 17 Itinerary help Australia & New Zealand
- 18 The perfect exotic and romantic location for my girlfriend's 21st?
- 19 New Zealand advice
- 20 New Zealand for Solo Travelers
- 21 The Earth Makes Music for Those Who Listen; Siblings on the South Island
- 22 Booked flights to Brisbane mid-June
- 23 Bye-Bye Pemberton
- 24 Photobook from trip to New Zealand
- 25 looking for someone to preform our wedding on Moorea Tahiti