Arriving from Hobart on Virgin Australia around noon and our connecting flight to Honolulu is at 9:30 pm on Hawaiian Air. We'd like to do something fun in that layover but I'm sure I have closer to 5 hours than 9! Assuming VA will not check the bags through on Hawaiian, what's going to be involved with 1)collecting bags, 2)transferring to the International terminal, and either 3)checking in at Hawaiian (probably too early at noon) or leaving them in left luggage? My gut says move to the International terminal immediately, deal with the bags and THEN grab a train into Sydney for at least lunch and a walk around. We have been to Sydney several times so not trying to really sight-see. Better suggestions from those in the know, please! Thanks much.
Sydney Airport: how much time do we really have??
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 The Great Australian Adventure
- 2 Very beginning of very rough itinerary
- 3 Shoe Recommendations for NZ??
- 4 First time in NZ and only have a week
- 5 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 6 Songdoc's Tasmanian Honeymoon
- 7 NZ SI: Picton to Christchurch anywhere worth staying a night?
- 8 18 & 19 year old traveling for two weeks after 7 months in Brisbane
- 9 Must See/Dos in New Zealand
- 10 21 day New Zealand Itinerary with Milford Track
- 11 Songdoc - Skippers Canyon
- 12 7 day south island itinerary help, start/end in Queenstown
- 13 Moorea - Villas/House/Condo's
- 14 Great Ocean Road Itinerary
- 15 5 week itinerary help
- 16 Beachmere Australias most Unfriendly Town
- 17 Help with Australia/ New Zealand plan!
- 18 New Zealand Trip - Solicit suggestions
- 19 Margaret River, One Bite at a Time
- 20 New Zealand (South Island) 10 Day Itinerary - Need Advice Please
- 21 Ideas for holidays in Australia in January/February
- 22 This special community - Fodorville
- 23 New Zealand -help with itinerary
- 24 Traveling to Hawaii
- 25 Great food/local favorites