Vague title I know.
We're considering a trip to Sydney for 6-7 nights, probably in November.
We've only been to Sydney once and that was more years ago than I care to admit, so I'm at a loss. This could well be our last opportunity for a quick (relatively) hop over from Perth.
I'm looking for suggestions on how to fill 5-6 days and insight into what type of weather to expect, where to base ourselves, etc.
Most likely we'll rely on public transport, not keen on renting a car at this point. Would prefer moderate self-catering accommodation in a relatively quiet, yet convenient area, if that's even possible. Interested in some great walks, good, but not frou-frou food, classic pubs or wine bars, sedate urban adventure if you will.
We're low key casual types, not interested in anything flash, definitely nothing that involves dressing up!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 NZ South Island Itinerary Feedback?
- 2 Help with NZ Travel
- 3 Christmas Day in Auckland
- 4 Christmas Day in Sydney
- 5 hotels Sydney Jan 10-15, 2017
- 6 Tara Elizabeth Buchanan - Best places to visit in Sydney
- 7 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 8 Bora Bora- April or/vs May+Agencies/Travel/Activites/Places to stay
- 9 NZ get off cruise and drive to QT/Fjorland?
- 10 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 11 Kaikoura roads update
- 12 Free Camping
- 13 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 14 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 15 Clever, mischievous keas
- 16 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 17 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 18 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 19 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 20 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 21 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 22 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 23 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 24 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 25 North or South after Perth in rental car?
Vague title I know.