I have been twice swimming with the whale sharks on the Ningaloo reef off Exmouth in West Australia. Each trip lasted 6 days, once using a local tour company and once with a private charter. Both trips provided outstanding moments with the whale sharks although not every day. There was also the issue of the water clarity, with most times being a regular green with good visibility but on occasion the water took on a blue colour with exceptional visibility of 30m and more. To help with planning and provide some background information on what to expect I have written an illustrated article at http://www.artphototravel.net/the-pacific/swimming-whalesharks/ with photos and map.
swimming with Whale Sharks, Exmouth
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Buy real and fake Passport ,Visa,Driving License,etc
- 2 New Zealand: Cruise vs. Land
- 3 Sculptures by the Sea 2014, Cottesloe
- 4 1st time to Oz. Suggestions appreciated. (tripplanner001)
- 5 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 6 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 7 Gregory NP or Limmen NP in the NT
- 8 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 9 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 10 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 11 New Zealand itinerary help
- 12 Hotel in Sydney
- 13 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 14 Melbourne Drive
- 15 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 16 Sydney or Melbourne
- 17 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 18 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 19 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 20 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 21 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 22 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 23 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 24 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 25 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?