I have been twice swimming with the whale sharks on the Ningaloo reef off Exmouth in West Australia. Each trip lasted 6 days, once using a local tour company and once with a private charter. Both trips provided outstanding moments with the whale sharks although not every day. There was also the issue of the water clarity, with most times being a regular green with good visibility but on occasion the water took on a blue colour with exceptional visibility of 30m and more. To help with planning and provide some background information on what to expect I have written an illustrated article at http://www.artphototravel.net/the-pacific/swimming-whalesharks/ with photos and map.
swimming with Whale Sharks, Exmouth
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 HELP New Zealand highlights in 10 days
- 2 Sydney - GTG with Raincitygirl - April
- 3 Perth Hotels
- 4 Need help for Dec.-Jan. Australia trip--Melbourne, Tazzie?, KI?, GBR
- 5 Extra time in Melbourne
- 6 Anyone ever stayed at the Lighthouse Cottages on Kangaroo Island?
- 7 Is this overkill for Fiordland / The Sounds?
- 8 Christchurch or Akaroa?
- 9 Is Jetstar really that bad?
- 10 Sydney taxi driver-USD or credit card
- 11 Europcar car rental scam - follow-up and solution
- 12 Where to stop for lunch on way to Blue Mountains
- 13 Kangaroo island
- 14 Kangaroo Island - need sanity check and inputs
- 15 REX AIRLINES-from Adelaide to Kangaroo Island
- 16 Help organizing a Tasmanian road trip
- 17 No Snakes, No Worries: A Summer Trip to New Zealand
- 18 Whitsundays Rainforest survival tour
- 19 New Zealand Trip: Late September/South Island/10 days.
- 20 Sculptures by the Sea 2015, Cottesloe Beach
- 21 Photobook from trip to New Zealand
- 22 Best Island accessible from Port Denarau - 1 night
- 23 6 days and 5 nights in Fiji - recommended itinerary?
- 24 When to visit Great Barrier Reef
- 25 Does Anyone Visit Papua New Guinea