I have been twice swimming with the whale sharks on the Ningaloo reef off Exmouth in West Australia. Each trip lasted 6 days, once using a local tour company and once with a private charter. Both trips provided outstanding moments with the whale sharks although not every day. There was also the issue of the water clarity, with most times being a regular green with good visibility but on occasion the water took on a blue colour with exceptional visibility of 30m and more. To help with planning and provide some background information on what to expect I have written an illustrated article at http://www.artphototravel.net/the-pacific/swimming-whalesharks/ with photos and map.
swimming with Whale Sharks, Exmouth
View all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Car Rental in Broome to Drop off in Perth
- 2 Internship in Sydney for 3 months
- 3 Sightseeing & transport in Sydney
- 4 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 5 Cruise New Zealand
- 6 Transportation from Sydney Airport to Four Seasons
- 7 Is Katafanga Resort Open Yet?
- 8 Logical Airline Schedule for 2014 trip.
- 9 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 10 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 11 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 12 PBS Movie"A Town Called Alice"
- 13 Two 21 year old students (male) travelling from Brisbane to Cairns
- 14 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 15 Paihia or coromandel
- 16 Emirates and Jetstar
- 17 Where to stay in Christchurch?
- 18 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 19 Travelling to Auckland - Who to use for car rental?
- 20 14 days in NZ in February
- 21 16 days all over New Zealand
- 22 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 23 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 24 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 25 Heading to Australia!