I have been twice swimming with the whale sharks on the Ningaloo reef off Exmouth in West Australia. Each trip lasted 6 days, once using a local tour company and once with a private charter. Both trips provided outstanding moments with the whale sharks although not every day. There was also the issue of the water clarity, with most times being a regular green with good visibility but on occasion the water took on a blue colour with exceptional visibility of 30m and more. To help with planning and provide some background information on what to expect I have written an illustrated article at http://www.artphototravel.net/the-pacific/swimming-whalesharks/ with photos and map.
swimming with Whale Sharks, Exmouth
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Jet Star?
- 2 Song doc - one for you
- 3 Fireworks Festival - A "MUST DO"
- 4 Melbourne, Adelaide, Tasmania in which order?
- 5 dinner cruise in sydney harbor
- 6 Air New Zealand & Virgin Australia Baggage Limits
- 7 Katoomba vs. Leura vs ... ????
- 8 Aussie Trip Report: No cities, no worries
- 9 dinner cruise in sydney harbor
- 10 New Zealand South Island Itinerary
- 11 Itinerary Planning
- 12 Yarra Valley Wineries
- 13 8 Day South Island Itinerary in Oct
- 14 NZ Itinerary from Christchurch to Queenstown in 8 days
- 15 Suggestions/ Tips request for 15 Days trip to South Island New Zealand
- 16 NZ South Island Plan
- 17 Tahiti, Cooks Islands or Fiji 20th Anniversary trip
- 18 Campervan help please!
- 19 Campervan/Motorhomes vs Car hire in New Zealand
- 20 suggested 6 day itinerary for South island New Zealand in December
- 21 Wicked Camper: DON'T ever hire from them!!!!!!!!!!
- 22 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 23 Small Melbourne lunch gtg, Friday October 24th
- 24 My tips for NZ motorhome hire
- 25 Australian and NZ currency.