I have been twice swimming with the whale sharks on the Ningaloo reef off Exmouth in West Australia. Each trip lasted 6 days, once using a local tour company and once with a private charter. Both trips provided outstanding moments with the whale sharks although not every day. There was also the issue of the water clarity, with most times being a regular green with good visibility but on occasion the water took on a blue colour with exceptional visibility of 30m and more. To help with planning and provide some background information on what to expect I have written an illustrated article at http://www.artphototravel.net/the-pacific/swimming-whalesharks/ with photos and map.
swimming with Whale Sharks, Exmouth
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 still distorted. I
- 2 Sydney 23 Dec - 1st Jan then onto Perth advice please.
- 3 14 day honeymoon in NZ. Itinerary help please
- 4 So much good wine, so little time; South Australia's Limestone Coast
- 5 5 guys travelling the GOR in March
- 6 Please help with our first attempt at New Zealand itinerary
- 7 planning honeymoon trip in Australia in February
- 8 12-14 Days - Sydney and Auckland - January 2015
- 9 Tahiti? First time Impressions? Good French Polynesia Deals?
- 10 Paging Cathies
- 11 Transit time between international connections at Brisbane Airport?
- 12 Urgent help on 12 Nights South Island Itinerary
- 13 Cape Trib-self-drive or tour
- 14 Traveling between Australia and New Zealand in June
- 15 Weather ?
- 16 Wicked Camper: DON'T ever hire from them!!!!!!!!!!
- 17 Need Help with a 16 night itinerary in Australia with Kids
- 18 Itinerary Planning
- 19 Sydney - City to Surf. 10 August 2014
- 20 South IslandItinerary Help
- 21 Australia Trip Report with Pictures May 2013
- 22 Lazy, don't want to research on line..
- 23 Sydney for 3 days
- 24 Careful before booking any short-term accommodation on NSW Coast
- 25 Help -- tight flight connection in Auckland