I have been twice swimming with the whale sharks on the Ningaloo reef off Exmouth in West Australia. Each trip lasted 6 days, once using a local tour company and once with a private charter. Both trips provided outstanding moments with the whale sharks although not every day. There was also the issue of the water clarity, with most times being a regular green with good visibility but on occasion the water took on a blue colour with exceptional visibility of 30m and more. To help with planning and provide some background information on what to expect I have written an illustrated article at http://www.artphototravel.net/the-pacific/swimming-whalesharks/ with photos and map.
swimming with Whale Sharks, Exmouth
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 2 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 3 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 4 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 5 New Zealand itinerary help
- 6 Hotel in Sydney
- 7 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 8 Melbourne Drive
- 9 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 10 Sydney or Melbourne
- 11 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 12 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 13 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 14 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 15 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 16 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 17 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 18 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 19 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 20 New York Times guide to Perth
- 21 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 22 1 month Australia East Coast December / January - ideas
- 23 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 24 Shopping for Opals
- 25 Cooking classes near Melbourne