I have been twice swimming with the whale sharks on the Ningaloo reef off Exmouth in West Australia. Each trip lasted 6 days, once using a local tour company and once with a private charter. Both trips provided outstanding moments with the whale sharks although not every day. There was also the issue of the water clarity, with most times being a regular green with good visibility but on occasion the water took on a blue colour with exceptional visibility of 30m and more. To help with planning and provide some background information on what to expect I have written an illustrated article at http://www.artphototravel.net/the-pacific/swimming-whalesharks/ with photos and map.
swimming with Whale Sharks, Exmouth
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Dare I Plan? Melbourne - Sydney - Auckland
- 2 Leaving on a jet plane....
- 3 2 week trip in AU: 5 nights in Sydney and 5 nights in Cairns area?
- 4 Should we change our plans ???
- 5 Avoid Europcar car rental
- 6 Help with South Island Itinerary Please
- 7 Melbourne Itinery - GOR/Mornington/Philips Island
- 8 Australia and New Zealand 2 month itinerary
- 9 The Rainbow Coast, Western Australia photos
- 10 Packages
- 11 Trip itinerary-Sydney Melbourne Tasmania
- 12 Please critique my plan for 2 weeks in Australia (first trip)
- 13 Victoria to Uluru - Trip Report
- 14 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 15 Tour/Travel Company-Goway
- 16 Paging Cathies
- 17 Kangaroo island
- 18 Itinerary 20 days
- 19 One day in Fiji
- 20 Looking for feedback on four week itinerary
- 21 Queenstown to Nelson Itinerary Question
- 22 Recommendations for kids travel book?
- 23 Rent or buy campervan
- 24 Great Ocean Road Itinerary
- 25 Melbourne Tram riders and visitors