I have been twice swimming with the whale sharks on the Ningaloo reef off Exmouth in West Australia. Each trip lasted 6 days, once using a local tour company and once with a private charter. Both trips provided outstanding moments with the whale sharks although not every day. There was also the issue of the water clarity, with most times being a regular green with good visibility but on occasion the water took on a blue colour with exceptional visibility of 30m and more. To help with planning and provide some background information on what to expect I have written an illustrated article at http://www.artphototravel.net/the-pacific/swimming-whalesharks/ with photos and map.
swimming with Whale Sharks, Exmouth
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Night Out Byron Bay
- 2 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 3 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 4 Sydney and Auckland
- 5 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 6 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 7 10 days itinerary
- 8 Fremantle my love..
- 9 Internet access
- 10 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 11 Packing List
- 12 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 13 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 14 Books?
- 15 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 16 Choosing a Visa
- 17 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 18 One spare day in Darwin
- 19 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 20 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 21 Travel Visa
- 22 Canberra
- 23 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 24 Christmas Day lunch or Dinner in Sydney
- 25 Family Trip to New Zealand: Would love itinerary thoughts!