I have been twice swimming with the whale sharks on the Ningaloo reef off Exmouth in West Australia. Each trip lasted 6 days, once using a local tour company and once with a private charter. Both trips provided outstanding moments with the whale sharks although not every day. There was also the issue of the water clarity, with most times being a regular green with good visibility but on occasion the water took on a blue colour with exceptional visibility of 30m and more. To help with planning and provide some background information on what to expect I have written an illustrated article at http://www.artphototravel.net/the-pacific/swimming-whalesharks/ with photos and map.
swimming with Whale Sharks, Exmouth
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Ferry to Manly Beach
- 2 5 days in Tasmania
- 3 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 4 Help
- 5 10 days in NZ itinerary
- 6 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 7 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 8 Byron Bay or ...
- 9 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 10 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 11 Dec 2014 family trip-need help with itinerary
- 12 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 13 How many days needed in Sydney?
- 14 Paging Cathies
- 15 NZ vs Aust
- 16 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 17 Playing Marbles with the Devil - AKA 2 weeks in the Northern Territory
- 18 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
- 19 Recommendations for travel on the Great Ocean Road
- 20 Joe Tro's Australia/LA trip report
- 21 August week end in Auckland
- 22 28 days to campervan around australia
- 23 Wicked Weekend I Melbourne - too much fun!
- 24 5 days in Sydney: itinerary review
- 25 Sydney Weather in September