After doing extremely long research and getting many great suggestions from people over this great forum, I've come up with the below itinerary after altering the previous one.
The previous itinerary had Cairns and Queenstown NZ included but I removed them as we don't want to fly too much during our holiday.
We are a family with a young 5 years old kid, we have 32 days to spend in Australia, from July to August.
- Arrive in Melbourne (fixed) and stay for 7 nights, once we settle down from our long flight, we will do many day trips (Phillips Island..etc), ski in the nearby areas and visit the attractions around Melbourne.
- Fly to Sydney and spend 8 nights, explore the area and do day trips from Sydney. (are 8 nights too much for Sydney?)
- Fly to GC - Visit the theme parks, stay for 2 nights in Lamington Park, do day trips, cruise.,etc
- Fly back home from Brisbane (fixed)
As you can see we have around 17 days to spend in the GC area, which I think might be too long, I've looked for options like staying in Whisundays Islands or Fraser Island but I'm not sure if we we will get the experience we are looking for, I read that some resorts over there offer amazing activities and I am looking at them, but do you recommend this as an option?
During my research I found that the South East Queensland area is very large but I'm still struggling with adding places to visit beside the Lamington Park and Australia zoo, especially that I don't want to repeat the same experience over the over (like visiting many zoos, many). We are also not a beach people and I think it will be cold during our visit anyways, we would love to visit local markets, farms and villages, explore new areas and drive around sceneries,
What's fixed for me is the arrival in Melbourne and departure from Brisbane and some nights that I booked in our GC hotel, otherwise I'm flexible and can change my hotel bookings.
Your help is much appreciated as I'm really struggling to finalize the itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 RELOOK : Install YAHOO 1:800:982:8520 CONTACT YAHOO Technical care
- 2 FP +/- NZ 14 day trip
- 3 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 4 Blue Mountains - Travel Report
- 5 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 6 East coast australia itinerary - feedback please!
- 7 2 days in Auckland
- 8 Haast Village stay advice needed
- 9 New Zealand rough itinerary (wheelchair accessible)
- 10 Surprises in Australia
- 11 Help me understand how going through customs works!
- 12 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 13 Would love your feedback on possible N.Z. itinerary
- 14 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 15 GBR - help me plan a perfect trip!
- 16 "Aerial New Zealand"
- 17 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 18 South Australia in 2 weeks
- 19 5 nights in Sydney
- 20 New Zealand Itinerary Questions
- 21 Best places to travel in Australia
- 22 Auckland Airport to Auckland City
- 23 16 Days on the South Island
- 24 Cook Islands for families
- 25 B&B in NZ