I 'm planning a 3 week backpacking trip, flying into Sydney, and now working to make an itinerary from there west to Adelaide and / or up to Brisbane, in late April - early May
I would be greatfull to hear your suggestions or experiences about these areas, to form a rough idea about some places to visit around there and in between, so to balance time wisely over this big area.
I'll be just one person travelling, without tourist package, independently, mostly public transport (which I understand is not as easy as I'd like) plus maybe a daytrip here or there with local travel agency, if necessary to get the most out of this time frame.
I guess a couple of low budget flight tickets could work too, some good offers may surface from time to time
My main interests are city life, nature, hiking, photography ...
(I'm not into night clubbing, drinking etc, mostly like sightseeing the country)
All suggestions for a low cost sensible itinerary, to connect a few nice places easily aproachable by public transport, are very very welcome!!!
many thanks to all!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 2 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 3 14 day South NZ Trip
- 4 One-day hike in Milford area
- 5 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 6 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 7 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 8 Best national park around Sydney
- 9 1 night stay around GOR
- 10 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 11 7 days in New Zealand
- 12 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 13 NZ repeat visitors
- 14 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 15 South Island Suggestions
- 16 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 17 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 18 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 19 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 20 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 21 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 22 New Zealand Car Rental
- 23 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 24 What exactly is a NZ sound?
- 25 4 weeks in New Zealand