I 'm planning a 3 week backpacking trip, flying into Sydney, and now working to make an itinerary from there west to Adelaide and / or up to Brisbane, in late April - early May
I would be greatfull to hear your suggestions or experiences about these areas, to form a rough idea about some places to visit around there and in between, so to balance time wisely over this big area.
I'll be just one person travelling, without tourist package, independently, mostly public transport (which I understand is not as easy as I'd like) plus maybe a daytrip here or there with local travel agency, if necessary to get the most out of this time frame.
I guess a couple of low budget flight tickets could work too, some good offers may surface from time to time
My main interests are city life, nature, hiking, photography ...
(I'm not into night clubbing, drinking etc, mostly like sightseeing the country)
All suggestions for a low cost sensible itinerary, to connect a few nice places easily aproachable by public transport, are very very welcome!!!
many thanks to all!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Another itinerary question
- 2 Australia Itinerary
- 3 Australia and New Zealand Oct/Nov 2017
- 4 The whisky trail.
- 5 Bali, Fiji, Bora Bora, Maldives? Which is better?
- 6 Family trip report: Tahiti, Huahine, Bora Bora and Moorea
- 7 1 day scenic tour from Gold coast
- 8 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 9 Help with New Zealand Itinerary
- 10 Mucky, Smchrissy, Margo, Alan -I've lost the New Years Eve thread
- 11 Is this a good time to talk about the Lions' tour?
- 12 help with intinerary please!
- 13 Early Planning to the South Pacific
- 14 Ahe to Manihi or v.v.
- 15 early planning for NZ South Island trip - please provide feedback
- 16 Quaint
- 17 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 18 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 19 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 20 Western Australia + Where?
- 21 Port Douglas/Cairns
- 22 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 23 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 24 A few days in Darwin
- 25 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance