My family is considering a week in a campervan (not a huge motorhome, but a big van) with the following itinerary. Please give me any feedback. Specifically, are there places we should stop and check out? Where should I reserve camp sites for our campervan? We'll have a 2 and 4 year old in tow, so trains and animals are a plus. Is it crazy to drive a campervan to Cape Tribulation, is the road too windy or sketchy?
July 3 arrive in Cairns and stay in a hotel
July 4 drive to Cape Tribulation camp at Noah Beach (or Cape Tribulation campground, recommendations?)
July 5 spend day at Cape Trib (do what, hike?, beach?)
July 6 Drive to Port Douglas visit Mossman Gorge on the way, (recommendations on where to campervan near Port Douglas?)
July 7 Agincourt reef trip from Port Douglas (perhaps camp at Palm Cove)
July 8 return to Cairns and spend the week at a hotel for conference on corals
How does it sound? Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 North Island-New Zealand help?
- 2 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 3 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 4 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 5 5 days in South Island
- 6 Getting around South Island NZ without a Car?
- 7 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 8 west and north Tasmania
- 9 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 10 Trip to Cairns
- 11 Beers in Oz
- 12 NZ visa denials
- 13 Brisbane to Sydney
- 14 Vini SIM card?
- 15 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 16 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 17 New Zealand Itinerary
- 18 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 19 Help on Itinerary
- 20 Sydney Trip
- 21 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 22 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 23 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 24 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 25 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
Suggestions: campervan from Cairns to Cape Tribulation with kids