My family is considering a week in a campervan (not a huge motorhome, but a big van) with the following itinerary. Please give me any feedback. Specifically, are there places we should stop and check out? Where should I reserve camp sites for our campervan? We'll have a 2 and 4 year old in tow, so trains and animals are a plus. Is it crazy to drive a campervan to Cape Tribulation, is the road too windy or sketchy?
July 3 arrive in Cairns and stay in a hotel
July 4 drive to Cape Tribulation camp at Noah Beach (or Cape Tribulation campground, recommendations?)
July 5 spend day at Cape Trib (do what, hike?, beach?)
July 6 Drive to Port Douglas visit Mossman Gorge on the way, (recommendations on where to campervan near Port Douglas?)
July 7 Agincourt reef trip from Port Douglas (perhaps camp at Palm Cove)
July 8 return to Cairns and spend the week at a hotel for conference on corals
How does it sound? Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Six Weeks Down Under
- 2 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 3 Kaikoura-Picton coast road
- 4 Picton Drive Through
- 5 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 6 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 7 Parking near Darling Harbour
- 8 North and South Island of NZ
- 9 The southern lights
- 10 Mel's NZ Photos
- 11 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 12 August Honeymoon Help?
- 13 How to split up Australia?
- 14 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 15 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 16 Brisbane to Sydney
- 17 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 18 East Coast Australia
- 19 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 20 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 21 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 22 Marlborough Sounds
- 23 Blue mountain in July
- 24 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 25 Tonga January Weather
Suggestions: campervan from Cairns to Cape Tribulation with kids