My family is considering a week in a campervan (not a huge motorhome, but a big van) with the following itinerary. Please give me any feedback. Specifically, are there places we should stop and check out? Where should I reserve camp sites for our campervan? We'll have a 2 and 4 year old in tow, so trains and animals are a plus. Is it crazy to drive a campervan to Cape Tribulation, is the road too windy or sketchy?
July 3 arrive in Cairns and stay in a hotel
July 4 drive to Cape Tribulation camp at Noah Beach (or Cape Tribulation campground, recommendations?)
July 5 spend day at Cape Trib (do what, hike?, beach?)
July 6 Drive to Port Douglas visit Mossman Gorge on the way, (recommendations on where to campervan near Port Douglas?)
July 7 Agincourt reef trip from Port Douglas (perhaps camp at Palm Cove)
July 8 return to Cairns and spend the week at a hotel for conference on corals
How does it sound? Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Real estate question
- 2 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 3 Food to Try Out
- 4 Itinerary questions on dream holiday
- 5 Whale Watching - Port Stephens NSW vs. Hervey Bay QLD
- 6 Queenstown-Mt Cook road
- 7 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 8 7 night NZ, south island for active couple
- 9 Wainui Falls
- 10 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 11 Sydney Neighborhood for Nightlight and Sightseeing
- 12 Come join me on Rapa Nui, or Easter Island...
- 13 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 14 More authentic experience of Maori culture
- 15 Day trips from Wellington
- 16 2-week NZ Itinerary Questions
- 17 Agrodome Farm Tour
- 18 Recommended length of time for mother to visit me in NZ?
- 19 Please help create an itinerary in NZ's SI
- 20 3 days on North Island, NZ
- 21 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 22 Kayak or cruise Milford Sound?
- 23 New Zealand with teenagers
- 24 Western Australia + Where?
- 25 Family Budget Vacation
Suggestions: campervan from Cairns to Cape Tribulation with kids