My family is considering a week in a campervan (not a huge motorhome, but a big van) with the following itinerary. Please give me any feedback. Specifically, are there places we should stop and check out? Where should I reserve camp sites for our campervan? We'll have a 2 and 4 year old in tow, so trains and animals are a plus. Is it crazy to drive a campervan to Cape Tribulation, is the road too windy or sketchy?
July 3 arrive in Cairns and stay in a hotel
July 4 drive to Cape Tribulation camp at Noah Beach (or Cape Tribulation campground, recommendations?)
July 5 spend day at Cape Trib (do what, hike?, beach?)
July 6 Drive to Port Douglas visit Mossman Gorge on the way, (recommendations on where to campervan near Port Douglas?)
July 7 Agincourt reef trip from Port Douglas (perhaps camp at Palm Cove)
July 8 return to Cairns and spend the week at a hotel for conference on corals
How does it sound? Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Blue mountain or Pacific Ocean drive
- 2 Hotel Sydney
- 3 14 day South NZ Trip
- 4 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 5 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 6 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 7 Tour Companies Australia and New Zealand
- 8 4 hour transit in Sydney
- 9 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 10 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 11 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 12 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 13 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 14 One-day hike in Milford area
- 15 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 16 Best national park around Sydney
- 17 1 night stay around GOR
- 18 7 days in New Zealand
- 19 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 20 NZ repeat visitors
- 21 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 22 South Island Suggestions
- 23 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 24 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 25 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
Suggestions: campervan from Cairns to Cape Tribulation with kids