My husband and I will be spending 3 weeks in NZ. In one segment, we will be coming from Picton by coach after 2 days in Queen Charlotte's Sound, and on our way to Abel Tasman park. We are torn between staying 2 nights in Nelson and traveling by coach to meet the water taxi in Kaiteriteri (to do a 1-day Abel Tasman track) or going straight to Kaiteriteri (for 2 nights) and staying there. It seems like Nelson has more to offer in restaurants etc. but Kaiteriteri is very convenient to Abel Tasman and we wouldn't have to be pressured to catch the coach back to Nelson. We are torn between these two options and would appreciate any tips or suggestions?
Megan and Bob
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Sydney Airport Transportation Suggestions
- 2 Add Mt Cook or not.
- 3 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 4 Western Australia (Denmark and New Norcia)
- 5 Itinerary questions on dream holiday
- 6 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 7 Real estate question
- 8 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 9 Food to Try Out
- 10 Whale Watching - Port Stephens NSW vs. Hervey Bay QLD
- 11 Queenstown-Mt Cook road
- 12 7 night NZ, south island for active couple
- 13 Wainui Falls
- 14 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 15 Sydney Neighborhood for Nightlight and Sightseeing
- 16 Come join me on Rapa Nui, or Easter Island...
- 17 More authentic experience of Maori culture
- 18 Day trips from Wellington
- 19 2-week NZ Itinerary Questions
- 20 Agrodome Farm Tour
- 21 Recommended length of time for mother to visit me in NZ?
- 22 Please help create an itinerary in NZ's SI
- 23 3 days on North Island, NZ
- 24 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 25 Kayak or cruise Milford Sound?