My husband and I will be spending 3 weeks in NZ. In one segment, we will be coming from Picton by coach after 2 days in Queen Charlotte's Sound, and on our way to Abel Tasman park. We are torn between staying 2 nights in Nelson and traveling by coach to meet the water taxi in Kaiteriteri (to do a 1-day Abel Tasman track) or going straight to Kaiteriteri (for 2 nights) and staying there. It seems like Nelson has more to offer in restaurants etc. but Kaiteriteri is very convenient to Abel Tasman and we wouldn't have to be pressured to catch the coach back to Nelson. We are torn between these two options and would appreciate any tips or suggestions?
Megan and Bob
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Need Passport and papers to travel? ((+18632405118))
- 2 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 3 14 day South NZ Trip
- 4 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 5 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 6 Best national park around Sydney
- 7 1 night stay around GOR
- 8 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 9 7 days in New Zealand
- 10 One-day hike in Milford area
- 11 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 12 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 13 NZ repeat visitors
- 14 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 15 South Island Suggestions
- 16 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 17 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 18 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 19 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 20 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 21 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 22 New Zealand Car Rental
- 23 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 24 What exactly is a NZ sound?
- 25 4 weeks in New Zealand