My husband and I will be spending 3 weeks in NZ. In one segment, we will be coming from Picton by coach after 2 days in Queen Charlotte's Sound, and on our way to Abel Tasman park. We are torn between staying 2 nights in Nelson and traveling by coach to meet the water taxi in Kaiteriteri (to do a 1-day Abel Tasman track) or going straight to Kaiteriteri (for 2 nights) and staying there. It seems like Nelson has more to offer in restaurants etc. but Kaiteriteri is very convenient to Abel Tasman and we wouldn't have to be pressured to catch the coach back to Nelson. We are torn between these two options and would appreciate any tips or suggestions?
Megan and Bob
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 2 Mt Buller for 1 night in July
- 3 16 Days on the South Island
- 4 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 5 Hamilton Island
- 6 Need help in Auckland
- 7 Restaurant recommendations for Tahiti
- 8 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 9 Six Weeks Down Under
- 10 Itinerary for full day bus trip outside of Auckland
- 11 Uber in Sydney
- 12 Sydney Airport for International Flight
- 13 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 14 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 15 Darwin Accomodations
- 16 Airport Fees for Europcar Rental Cars
- 17 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 18 Lodging Reservations in NSW
- 19 New Zealand 3-week itinerary over Christmas
- 20 The Red Center?
- 21 Trip to Cairns
- 22 Blue mountain Or Daintree in July
- 23 Sydney Restauranr Near Opera House for Early Dining
- 24 Kaikoura-Picton coast road
- 25 Australia Wide Roadtrip