We are traveling for a first time trip to New Zealand. We are planning to arrive in Christchurch and then make our way over to Queenstown. We are hoping to see Mt Cook area and also the Milford sound/Fjiordland area. Not sure if we could make it up to Kaikoura due to time. We have been trying to decide if we should stay in Christchurch. It seems like some reviews have said that many areas are still under construction. I'm having a hard time finding scenic areas to stay in town. Any ideas suggestions? Also suggestions for areas outside of Christchurch? Must see and do?
Stay in Christchurch or outside?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Review our NZ Itinerary please
- 2 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 3 Itinerary Help
- 4 I've been, I've been to the Land Down Under...
- 5 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 6 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 7 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 8 Packing List
- 9 Abel - Kayak and Walk / Timing Questions
- 10 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 11 Sydney and Auckland
- 12 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 13 Internet access
- 14 Night Out Byron Bay
- 15 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 16 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 17 10 days itinerary
- 18 Fremantle my love..
- 19 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 20 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 21 Books?
- 22 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 23 Choosing a Visa
- 24 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 25 One spare day in Darwin