We will be in the Mount Cook area for 2 nights around March 19 and would love to see some night sky through the telescopes. I see there are two tours - one is at Mount John observatory (Earth and Sky) and another at Mount Cook (Big Sky). Has anyone done either - I can't tell what the difference is between the two - I see the price is different - but quality wise is one better than another? Which one would you recommend?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand South Island 15 Nights Itinerary
- 2 Australia for two weeks.
- 3 Palau Travel Report
- 4 Queenstown vs Christchurch
- 5 Milford Sound (Fly! Cruise! Fly!) - Travel Report
- 6 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 1 - Travel Report
- 7 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 8 Antarctica Penguin Disaster
- 9 7 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 10 Visa
- 11 Guam Travel Report
- 12 New Zealand Car Hire
- 13 Tasmania itinerary
- 14 McLaren Vale in South Australia as base for 4 days?
- 15 Research on Australian Tourism
- 16 Australia and NZ visit!
- 17 12 Days in S.I. NZ
- 18 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 19 Cheap Flights to Bangkok from Gold Coast
- 20 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 21 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 22 Recommended guidebooks
- 23 Need Some suggestions on South Island
- 24 Auckland to Wellington with Toddler
- 25 Aussie chiller hats
Stargazing in South Island - Big Sky Stargazing vs Earth & Sky