We will be in the Mount Cook area for 2 nights around March 19 and would love to see some night sky through the telescopes. I see there are two tours - one is at Mount John observatory (Earth and Sky) and another at Mount Cook (Big Sky). Has anyone done either - I can't tell what the difference is between the two - I see the price is different - but quality wise is one better than another? Which one would you recommend?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 2 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 3 New Zealand Itinerary
- 4 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 5 Help on Itinerary
- 6 Sydney Trip
- 7 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 8 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 9 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 10 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 11 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 12 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 13 Extra 2 nights = help
- 14 February Australia Visit
- 15 Best wildlife near sydney
- 16 Where to go in Australia
- 17 Bruny Island
- 18 Western Australia
- 19 South Island - West Coast Itinerary
- 20 Vava'u - Tongan Beach Resort - Photoshopped pictures on their website
- 21 New Zealand South Island Alternative Itinerary
- 22 New Zealand travel agents/itinerary
- 23 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 24 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 25 10 days in Sydney and surrounding areas
Stargazing in South Island - Big Sky Stargazing vs Earth & Sky