We are looking into the possibility to travel to South-Australia this year from Belgium. However, we are bound to the period between July 7th and August 5th. We realize it is winter time in Australia then and we wonder if this would be an appropriate to travel down under? The reason we would like to go to South Australia is because we have friends in Melbourne we would like to visit. We absolutely do not mind having to put on warmer clothes to travel around and this would not be a summer/beach vacation for us. But it should be doable during this period, otherwise we would have to look for another destination in the world. However, we really have our harts set on Australia.
This would be the preliminary itinerary we have in mind:
- Fly from Brussels to Sydney
- Drive from Sydney to Melbourne along the coast
- Stay in Melbourne a couple of days with friends
- Drive from Melbourne to Adelaide (visit some vineyards)
- Probably discover area around Adelaide
- Fly back from Adelaide to Brussels
We really would appreciate your honest opinions on the following questions:
- Is it really sensible to visit this area during the period as described above, tanking into account we really are not looking for a summer/beach holiday? We absolutely do not mind having to dress warmer, but it should be doable during this time of year.
- Is there enough to see and do during this period?
- Is it possible to visit the vineyards during this time of year to do some tastings?
- Should you have any other remarks, they would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot for your feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 신천지여신 ▼ 접속 :≫vvn67.com≪
- 2 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 3 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 4 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 5 14 day South NZ Trip
- 6 One-day hike in Milford area
- 7 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 8 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 9 Best national park around Sydney
- 10 1 night stay around GOR
- 11 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 12 7 days in New Zealand
- 13 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 14 NZ repeat visitors
- 15 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 16 South Island Suggestions
- 17 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 18 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 19 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 20 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 21 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 22 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 23 New Zealand Car Rental
- 24 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 25 What exactly is a NZ sound?