I'm currently planning a trip for July 3rd-July 19th to visit southern Australia and wanted your advice on our itinerary. We are somewhat flexible on dates. The only thing we are not flexible on is that we have to be in Mildura from the 16th to the 19th.
The itinerary is a little rough right now. We like nature and parks (birds, wildlife, etc), we also like cities/live music (blues), and food. We were thinking of the following:
Fly into Melbourne July 4th
July 5 - July 7 Melbourne
July 7- July 12 Melbourne to Adelaide via Great Coastal Road with stops along the way
July 12- July 15 Kangaroo Island
July 16- July 19 Mildura
How is viewing wildlife in southern Australia during the Australian winter? Will we still be able to see a lot of wildlife? Should we add Phillip Island to the itinerary since we'll already be in Melbourne or should we go straight to Kangaroo Island?
Am I allocating too much time on each leg of the trip? Is 3 days in Melbourne enough?
Also , what are your favorite places to visit from Melbourne to Adelaide and Adelaide to Mildura or stops you would recommend we definitely make along the way?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://advisorwellness.com/hyprshred/
- 2 Australia for two weeks.
- 3 What To do In Australia?? Suggest Some Holiday Destination.
- 4 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 5 New Zealand-2 days in Rotorua with Toddler
- 6 Middlemarch to Queenstown transportation
- 7 Food to Try Out
- 8 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 9 30 Day Itinerary: Wellington & SI - Any suggestions?
- 10 New Zealand Dec-Jan 2017
- 11 Recommended guidebooks
- 12 South Island Road Trip
- 13 Surprises in Australia
- 14 South Island winter time-lapse video
- 15 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 16 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 17 Air BnB, a bit of a let down
- 18 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 19 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 20 Fiji Resorts for 5 nights
- 21 What is the best time to visit Australia?
- 22 New Zealand with a toddler
- 23 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 24 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 25 Beautiful Spots in Australia per Conde Nast