I'm currently planning a trip for July 3rd-July 19th to visit southern Australia and wanted your advice on our itinerary. We are somewhat flexible on dates. The only thing we are not flexible on is that we have to be in Mildura from the 16th to the 19th.
The itinerary is a little rough right now. We like nature and parks (birds, wildlife, etc), we also like cities/live music (blues), and food. We were thinking of the following:
Fly into Melbourne July 4th
July 5 - July 7 Melbourne
July 7- July 12 Melbourne to Adelaide via Great Coastal Road with stops along the way
July 12- July 15 Kangaroo Island
July 16- July 19 Mildura
How is viewing wildlife in southern Australia during the Australian winter? Will we still be able to see a lot of wildlife? Should we add Phillip Island to the itinerary since we'll already be in Melbourne or should we go straight to Kangaroo Island?
Am I allocating too much time on each leg of the trip? Is 3 days in Melbourne enough?
Also , what are your favorite places to visit from Melbourne to Adelaide and Adelaide to Mildura or stops you would recommend we definitely make along the way?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Suggestions for 3 weeks
- 2 Western Australia (Denmark and New Norcia)
- 3 Australia and New Zealand Oct/Nov 2017
- 4 The whisky trail.
- 5 Another itinerary question
- 6 Australia Itinerary
- 7 Bali, Fiji, Bora Bora, Maldives? Which is better?
- 8 Family trip report: Tahiti, Huahine, Bora Bora and Moorea
- 9 1 day scenic tour from Gold coast
- 10 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 11 Help with New Zealand Itinerary
- 12 Mucky, Smchrissy, Margo, Alan -I've lost the New Years Eve thread
- 13 Is this a good time to talk about the Lions' tour?
- 14 help with intinerary please!
- 15 Early Planning to the South Pacific
- 16 Ahe to Manihi or v.v.
- 17 early planning for NZ South Island trip - please provide feedback
- 18 Quaint
- 19 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 20 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 21 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 22 Western Australia + Where?
- 23 Port Douglas/Cairns
- 24 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 25 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?