I'm currently planning a trip for July 3rd-July 19th to visit southern Australia and wanted your advice on our itinerary. We are somewhat flexible on dates. The only thing we are not flexible on is that we have to be in Mildura from the 16th to the 19th.
The itinerary is a little rough right now. We like nature and parks (birds, wildlife, etc), we also like cities/live music (blues), and food. We were thinking of the following:
Fly into Melbourne July 4th
July 5 - July 7 Melbourne
July 7- July 12 Melbourne to Adelaide via Great Coastal Road with stops along the way
July 12- July 15 Kangaroo Island
July 16- July 19 Mildura
How is viewing wildlife in southern Australia during the Australian winter? Will we still be able to see a lot of wildlife? Should we add Phillip Island to the itinerary since we'll already be in Melbourne or should we go straight to Kangaroo Island?
Am I allocating too much time on each leg of the trip? Is 3 days in Melbourne enough?
Also , what are your favorite places to visit from Melbourne to Adelaide and Adelaide to Mildura or stops you would recommend we definitely make along the way?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Six Weeks Down Under
- 2 Hamilton Island
- 3 In and around Sydney
- 4 Driving direction on the Great Ocean Road
- 5 Airport Fees for Europcar Rental Cars
- 6 Cairns airfare getting too high
- 7 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 8 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 9 Mt Buller for 1 night in July
- 10 Cruising AUS & NZ 2018
- 11 CFP: how much to bring, ATMs?
- 12 3 weeks in NZ
- 13 First Time - Assistance with NZ- South
- 14 Flood Emergency Services
- 15 7 days in New Zealand
- 16 16 Days on the South Island
- 17 Need help in Auckland
- 18 Restaurant recommendations for Tahiti
- 19 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 20 Itinerary for full day bus trip outside of Auckland
- 21 Uber in Sydney
- 22 Sydney Airport for International Flight
- 23 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 24 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 25 Darwin Accomodations