This is my first post on here and I am relying on your experience to help me get a few answers.
I intend to travel to the South Pacific Islands next Easter (2011) with my wife and daughter. This will be our first trip and we are looking to take in Fiji, Cook Islands and Tahiti over about a 3 week period. My daughter will be 11 and is very mature and sensible. We are busy studying brochures which , of course, all look equally idyllic.
Is it practical to enjoy all 3 sets of islands in the allotted time ?
Have you any experience of the 'kids clubs' ?
Will there be enough entertainment for an 11 year old ?
Would you suggest anywhere in particular to stay or even avoid ?
Would you recommend one thing to see or do on each set of islands ?
Thank you for your time,
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 3 days itinerary for Melbourne- Suggestions required
- 2 New Zealand-Trip Report-30 Days North & South Island
- 3 Queensland north and Perth south
- 4 Melbourne or Sydney?
- 5 Solo (mostly) coach trip - 45 days itinerary planning
- 6 Tips for Cook Islands - Solo Female Traveler
- 7 Scenic Overload on NZ's South Island: November 2015
- 8 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 3
- 9 Itinerary set! Any Fodorites up for meeting up in Australia?
- 10 NZ- Nov or Dec?
- 11 Proposed itinerary- comments please!
- 12 Prelim itinerary- 12 nights on the North Island
- 13 Help rounding out AU & NZ itinerary
- 14 Planning 20 days in Autralia
- 15 Arriving in Queenstown - When to Visit Milford Sound?
- 16 Rental Car Return and Melbourne
- 17 May/June Wedding on Rarotonga
- 18 Foreign Exchange Programs
- 19 Cairns or Port Douglas
- 20 Tonga is a off the beaten track, but a beautiful destination: See my pics!
- 21 Where to Sky Dive and Bungee in NZ
- 22 Solo travel in Australia -- not sure where to go!
- 23 Need Help On French Polynesia Trip in June.
- 24 Two day South Coast & Southern Highlands loop - restaurant reccos please.
- 25 Sydney or Melbourne for wine tour?