My daughters and I have always dreamed of seeing and snorkeling in the beautiful waters of the South Pacific. I had started planning a trip to Bora Bora and Moorea when I came upon information that said there are a lot of starving, stray dogs wandering on the islands and that the Tahitian people ignore or run over them. We are VERY much animal lovers (especially dogs). We don't want to spend so much money and travel so far to get upset seeing this and are therefore very turned off to places that have no respect for their animals. Does anyone know of anywhere in the South Pacific that is animal friendly and doesn't leave these poor creatures who can't help themselves that we can visit? We are hoping to plan a trip for October or November. We would really appreciate your help!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Bali, Fiji, Bora Bora, Maldives? Which is better?
- 2 Is this a good time to talk about the Lions' tour?
- 3 Mucky, Smchrissy, Margo, Alan -I've lost the New Years Eve thread
- 4 help with intinerary please!
- 5 Early Planning to the South Pacific
- 6 Ahe to Manihi or v.v.
- 7 early planning for NZ South Island trip - please provide feedback
- 8 Quaint
- 9 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 10 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 11 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 12 Western Australia + Where?
- 13 Family trip report: Tahiti, Huahine, Bora Bora and Moorea
- 14 Port Douglas/Cairns
- 15 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 16 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 17 A few days in Darwin
- 18 1 day scenic tour from Gold coast
- 19 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
- 20 Hiking, cycling, and kayaking on the South Island
- 21 Ride sharing Service
- 22 Our Three weeks in Australia and PNG
- 23 East coast australia itinerary - feedback please!
- 24 My tips for NZ motorhome hire
- 25 Which glowworm dell is better – Hokitika or Fox Glacier (Minnehaha)?