My daughters and I have always dreamed of seeing and snorkeling in the beautiful waters of the South Pacific. I had started planning a trip to Bora Bora and Moorea when I came upon information that said there are a lot of starving, stray dogs wandering on the islands and that the Tahitian people ignore or run over them. We are VERY much animal lovers (especially dogs). We don't want to spend so much money and travel so far to get upset seeing this and are therefore very turned off to places that have no respect for their animals. Does anyone know of anywhere in the South Pacific that is animal friendly and doesn't leave these poor creatures who can't help themselves that we can visit? We are hoping to plan a trip for October or November. We would really appreciate your help!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Free Camping
- 2 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 3 Kaikoura roads update
- 4 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 5 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 6 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 7 Clever, mischievous keas
- 8 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 9 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 10 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 11 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 12 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 13 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 14 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 15 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 16 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 17 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 18 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 19 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 20 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 21 Translation of documents
- 22 SH1 to Kaikoura update
- 23 10 days NZ-crusie or land??
- 24 Cooking classes near Melbourne
- 25 Sunshine coast or gold coast in February