Considering summer trip plans with 2 weeks in NZ and then 1 week in OZ with friends. I have been through NZ for a month years ago but will return with my husband and 11 and 9 year olds. Husband would love to do Queenstown and ski if possible--is it cold enough the beginning of June? Also, if we plan about 8 days on the south island and rent a car in Queenstown, does anyone recommend going east and not doing Milford Sound? I would like to plan something different, maybe toward Dunedin and then south and then back toward Queenstown? Has anyone done that? I would like to plan different than what is expected the first go around for them if possible, and we"ll have seen some key spots of the north island before arriving. Thanks!
South Island NZ--off the beaten path...
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Is French really spoken in Tahiti?
- 2 Happy Australia Day!
- 3 Booked flights to Brisbane mid-June
- 4 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 5 Tim Tam
- 6 Tipping
- 7 Adelaide and Kangaroo Island
- 8 Hobart and Launceston- 4 days each sound ok?
- 9 Transit Time at SYD
- 10 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 11 Where to visit outside Melbourne for several days?
- 12 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 13 Where to stay near Melbourne
- 14 Car rentals south island
- 15 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 16 Brisbane, need short term accommodation
- 17 18 & 19 year old traveling for two weeks after 7 months in Brisbane
- 18 Pls help with NZ South Island 12 days with surfing itinerary!
- 19 New Zealand South Island in 8 days!
- 20 OZ and NZ with a 16month old baby
- 21 NZ North Island 17 days in March
- 22 New Zealand
- 23 Need Rotorua advice
- 24 My tips for NZ motorhome hire
- 25 Broome to Cape Leveque