Considering summer trip plans with 2 weeks in NZ and then 1 week in OZ with friends. I have been through NZ for a month years ago but will return with my husband and 11 and 9 year olds. Husband would love to do Queenstown and ski if possible--is it cold enough the beginning of June? Also, if we plan about 8 days on the south island and rent a car in Queenstown, does anyone recommend going east and not doing Milford Sound? I would like to plan something different, maybe toward Dunedin and then south and then back toward Queenstown? Has anyone done that? I would like to plan different than what is expected the first go around for them if possible, and we"ll have seen some key spots of the north island before arriving. Thanks!
South Island NZ--off the beaten path...
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 2 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 3 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 4 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 5 New Zealand itinerary help
- 6 Hotel in Sydney
- 7 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 8 Melbourne Drive
- 9 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 10 Sydney or Melbourne
- 11 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 12 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 13 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 14 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 15 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 16 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 17 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 18 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 19 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 20 New York Times guide to Perth
- 21 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 22 1 month Australia East Coast December / January - ideas
- 23 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 24 Shopping for Opals
- 25 Cooking classes near Melbourne