Considering summer trip plans with 2 weeks in NZ and then 1 week in OZ with friends. I have been through NZ for a month years ago but will return with my husband and 11 and 9 year olds. Husband would love to do Queenstown and ski if possible--is it cold enough the beginning of June? Also, if we plan about 8 days on the south island and rent a car in Queenstown, does anyone recommend going east and not doing Milford Sound? I would like to plan something different, maybe toward Dunedin and then south and then back toward Queenstown? Has anyone done that? I would like to plan different than what is expected the first go around for them if possible, and we"ll have seen some key spots of the north island before arriving. Thanks!
South Island NZ--off the beaten path...
View all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 2 Travelling to Auckland - Who to use for car rental?
- 3 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 4 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 5 Car Rental in Broome to Drop off in Perth
- 6 Where to stay in Christchurch?
- 7 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 8 14 days in NZ in February
- 9 Emirates and Jetstar
- 10 Sightseeing & transport in Sydney
- 11 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 12 16 days all over New Zealand
- 13 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 14 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 15 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 16 Heading to Australia!
- 17 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 18 South Island Itinerary
- 19 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 20 A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013
- 21 Trip Report: Milford and Routeburn Tracks Nov 2010
- 22 Having trouble with 17 day itinerary in Australia especially Melbourne area
- 23 Information on Transit Visa in Australia
- 24 NZ Winter 2013 (July) Trip Report - 20 days SI & NI
- 25 victoria in march