Considering summer trip plans with 2 weeks in NZ and then 1 week in OZ with friends. I have been through NZ for a month years ago but will return with my husband and 11 and 9 year olds. Husband would love to do Queenstown and ski if possible--is it cold enough the beginning of June? Also, if we plan about 8 days on the south island and rent a car in Queenstown, does anyone recommend going east and not doing Milford Sound? I would like to plan something different, maybe toward Dunedin and then south and then back toward Queenstown? Has anyone done that? I would like to plan different than what is expected the first go around for them if possible, and we"ll have seen some key spots of the north island before arriving. Thanks!
South Island NZ--off the beaten path...
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 The Great Australian Adventure
- 2 Very beginning of very rough itinerary
- 3 Shoe Recommendations for NZ??
- 4 First time in NZ and only have a week
- 5 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 6 Songdoc's Tasmanian Honeymoon
- 7 NZ SI: Picton to Christchurch anywhere worth staying a night?
- 8 18 & 19 year old traveling for two weeks after 7 months in Brisbane
- 9 Must See/Dos in New Zealand
- 10 21 day New Zealand Itinerary with Milford Track
- 11 Songdoc - Skippers Canyon
- 12 7 day south island itinerary help, start/end in Queenstown
- 13 Moorea - Villas/House/Condo's
- 14 Great Ocean Road Itinerary
- 15 5 week itinerary help
- 16 Beachmere Australias most Unfriendly Town
- 17 Help with Australia/ New Zealand plan!
- 18 New Zealand Trip - Solicit suggestions
- 19 Margaret River, One Bite at a Time
- 20 New Zealand (South Island) 10 Day Itinerary - Need Advice Please
- 21 Ideas for holidays in Australia in January/February
- 22 This special community - Fodorville
- 23 New Zealand -help with itinerary
- 24 Traveling to Hawaii
- 25 Great food/local favorites