We've arranged a trip to New Zealand to visit our family in Aucklanf in Christmas. We are trying to workout a 8 day family Itinery for visit to South Island. As we start our plan very late and encounter some difficulty in scheduling our route due to availability of rooms especially in Queenstown.
After trying to accommodate the less busy days in Queenstown & Franz Josef, I'm not quite sure with the working itinerary. Comment & suggestion to finalze the itinerary is invited.
Day 1 Auckland to Queenstown
Day 2 Queenstown
Day 3 Queenstown
Day 4 Queenstown to Franz Josef
Day 5 Franz Josef**
Day 6 Franz Josef - Mt Cook - Lake Tekapo
Day 7 Lake Tekapo - Dunedin
Day 8 Dunedin - Christchurch to Auckland
1 Heli Hike** available only on day 5 or 3
2 Star glazing
4 farm stay if possible
Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 How to split up Australia?
- 2 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 3 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 4 Brisbane to Sydney
- 5 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 6 East Coast Australia
- 7 Six Weeks Down Under
- 8 North and South Island of NZ
- 9 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 10 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 11 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 12 Marlborough Sounds
- 13 Blue mountain in July
- 14 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 15 Tonga January Weather
- 16 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 17 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand
- 18 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 19 Alesund - Geiranger
- 20 Drive from Melbourne to Sydney
- 21 australia for first time
- 22 August Honeymoon Help?
- 23 Auckland restaurants and brewpubs?
- 24 Best way to exchange US dollars for Australian and NZ dollars
- 25 South Island - 8 days