We've arranged a trip to New Zealand to visit our family in Aucklanf in Christmas. We are trying to workout a 8 day family Itinery for visit to South Island. As we start our plan very late and encounter some difficulty in scheduling our route due to availability of rooms especially in Queenstown.
After trying to accommodate the less busy days in Queenstown & Franz Josef, I'm not quite sure with the working itinerary. Comment & suggestion to finalze the itinerary is invited.
Day 1 Auckland to Queenstown
Day 2 Queenstown
Day 3 Queenstown
Day 4 Queenstown to Franz Josef
Day 5 Franz Josef**
Day 6 Franz Josef - Mt Cook - Lake Tekapo
Day 7 Lake Tekapo - Dunedin
Day 8 Dunedin - Christchurch to Auckland
1 Heli Hike** available only on day 5 or 3
2 Star glazing
4 farm stay if possible
Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 February Travel
- 2 South Island versus North Island NZ
- 3 Is Mid October too late for the wildflowers in Western Australia?
- 4 24 day itinary on both islanxs
- 5 Traveling through East Coast
- 6 NZ November!
- 7 Sydney to Brisbane
- 8 4-hour layover in Melbourne (From LAX to New Zealand)
- 9 New Zealand Sth Island
- 10 Advice for 21 Day New Zealand Motorhome
- 11 Brisbane to Sydney in 4-5 days! Itinerary help!
- 12 Australia in 2 Weeks
- 13 How to allocate time: bora bora, tahit, moorea?
- 14 3 weeks New Zealand - Apr 2017
- 15 AUS/NZ trip planning
- 16 Abel Tasman National Park
- 17 Visiting New Zealand/Australia in April
- 18 its just a post
- 19 Finalizing OZ Itinerary
- 20 New Zealand First Timer
- 21 3 Days in Positano - What Should We Do?
- 22 Kiwi chick hatches, explores
- 23 Awesome NewZealand Trip in Winter 2016
- 24 Group Transportation in Brisbane
- 25 Leaving tomorrow - 10 day itinerary Southland?