We've arranged a trip to New Zealand to visit our family in Aucklanf in Christmas. We are trying to workout a 8 day family Itinery for visit to South Island. As we start our plan very late and encounter some difficulty in scheduling our route due to availability of rooms especially in Queenstown.
After trying to accommodate the less busy days in Queenstown & Franz Josef, I'm not quite sure with the working itinerary. Comment & suggestion to finalze the itinerary is invited.
Day 1 Auckland to Queenstown
Day 2 Queenstown
Day 3 Queenstown
Day 4 Queenstown to Franz Josef
Day 5 Franz Josef**
Day 6 Franz Josef - Mt Cook - Lake Tekapo
Day 7 Lake Tekapo - Dunedin
Day 8 Dunedin - Christchurch to Auckland
1 Heli Hike** available only on day 5 or 3
2 Star glazing
4 farm stay if possible
Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Trip to Australia - When this gonna be happened?
- 2 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 3 NZ S Island itinerary help please!
- 4 Question on Driving from Sydney to Blue Mts
- 5 Amazing New Zealand - Trip Report
- 6 Stopover Toronto- Perth
- 7 Domestic flights in Australia? when?
- 8 Australia/New Zealand 3 weeks
- 9 New Zeaaland
- 10 9.5 days in New Zealand
- 11 Bay of Islands vs Marlborough Sound
- 12 Tasmania Itinerary
- 13 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 14 Scuba trip Great Barrier Reef
- 15 January-March When to visit NZ
- 16 Hikes in New Zealand
- 17 New Zealand Itinerary Help
- 18 Tiger Air and Baggage Fees
- 19 Nervous American driving in AU
- 20 Milford Sound day trip sounds like too long a day!
- 21 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 22 HELP! New Zealand 2weeks July with baby (and pregnant)
- 23 New Zealand on our own?
- 24 2nd year visa extentiom
- 25 Sydney places to stay