We've arranged a trip to New Zealand to visit our family in Aucklanf in Christmas. We are trying to workout a 8 day family Itinery for visit to South Island. As we start our plan very late and encounter some difficulty in scheduling our route due to availability of rooms especially in Queenstown.
After trying to accommodate the less busy days in Queenstown & Franz Josef, I'm not quite sure with the working itinerary. Comment & suggestion to finalze the itinerary is invited.
Day 1 Auckland to Queenstown
Day 2 Queenstown
Day 3 Queenstown
Day 4 Queenstown to Franz Josef
Day 5 Franz Josef**
Day 6 Franz Josef - Mt Cook - Lake Tekapo
Day 7 Lake Tekapo - Dunedin
Day 8 Dunedin - Christchurch to Auckland
1 Heli Hike** available only on day 5 or 3
2 Star glazing
4 farm stay if possible
Thanks very much.
South Island NZ Itinery need help
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 2 Itinerary Help
- 3 I've been, I've been to the Land Down Under...
- 4 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 5 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 6 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 7 Packing List
- 8 Abel - Kayak and Walk / Timing Questions
- 9 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 10 Sydney and Auckland
- 11 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 12 Internet access
- 13 Night Out Byron Bay
- 14 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 15 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 16 10 days itinerary
- 17 Fremantle my love..
- 18 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 19 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 20 Books?
- 21 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 22 Choosing a Visa
- 23 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 24 One spare day in Darwin
- 25 Planning a trip to Melbourne