We've arranged a trip to New Zealand to visit our family in Aucklanf in Christmas. We are trying to workout a 8 day family Itinery for visit to South Island. As we start our plan very late and encounter some difficulty in scheduling our route due to availability of rooms especially in Queenstown.
After trying to accommodate the less busy days in Queenstown & Franz Josef, I'm not quite sure with the working itinerary. Comment & suggestion to finalze the itinerary is invited.
Day 1 Auckland to Queenstown
Day 2 Queenstown
Day 3 Queenstown
Day 4 Queenstown to Franz Josef
Day 5 Franz Josef**
Day 6 Franz Josef - Mt Cook - Lake Tekapo
Day 7 Lake Tekapo - Dunedin
Day 8 Dunedin - Christchurch to Auckland
1 Heli Hike** available only on day 5 or 3
2 Star glazing
4 farm stay if possible
Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 trip to new zealand for 10-12 days
- 2 N Isl itinerary take 2 - does it work?
- 3 9 days itinerary from Aukland to Queentown
- 4 Melbourne--in the summer is air conditioning a must ?
- 5 9 days itinerary south and north NZ
- 6 Opinions, pls. AU itin - Take 2
- 7 Hire car in Melbourne
- 8 Help with Australia Itinerary
- 9 Help finding affordable aprking
- 10 NZ in December with 2 kids 9 and 7
- 11 18 days nz.
- 12 13 Days North & South Island in October (NZ Spring)
- 13 North Island itinerary - does this work?
- 14 Tongariro NP hikes - advise please!
- 15 Present Host Parents
- 16 Six Days in New Zealand South Island
- 17 Broad Intin for Australia
- 18 New Zealand itinerary advice please
- 19 Fraser Island or Coffs harbour
- 20 Australia help
- 21 New Zealand itinerary advice please
- 22 Which company is better? if we would like to buy a SIM card
- 23 Milford Track vs Jomalhari trek in Bhutan
- 24 Ferry between islands
- 25 A Short Stay in Adelaide City