We are planning to take a trip to the South Island in Dec/Jan 2014. We are a family of 4. 2 kids 11 and 14. We will have about 2 weeks. I keep reading that it is really busy that time of year. How busy does that mean? Will it detract from the trip?
We would like to either rent a car or perhaps a camper van. Does renting the camper van make things more complicated?
If we rent a car do I have to book into all the hotels in advance or can we play it as we go?
We are looking for a trip where we spend 2 or more days in each place rather than spending too much time in the car. I know that we won't be able to see the whole island.
We are interested in animal life, beautiful land/sea scapes (my daughter loves photography) and some great adventures -kayaking, biking etc. We would be into seeing some more off the beaten track sites as well.
Any itinerary that you can suggest would be greatly appreciated!
We are open to anything!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 BULLGUARD@ antivirus Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h CAre 24/7
- 2 2 days in Auckland
- 3 Haast Village stay advice needed
- 4 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 5 New Zealand rough itinerary (wheelchair accessible)
- 6 Surprises in Australia
- 7 Help me understand how going through customs works!
- 8 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 9 Would love your feedback on possible N.Z. itinerary
- 10 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 11 GBR - help me plan a perfect trip!
- 12 "Aerial New Zealand"
- 13 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 14 South Australia in 2 weeks
- 15 5 nights in Sydney
- 16 New Zealand Itinerary Questions
- 17 Best places to travel in Australia
- 18 Auckland Airport to Auckland City
- 19 Blue Mountains - Travel Report
- 20 16 Days on the South Island
- 21 Cook Islands for families
- 22 B&B in NZ
- 23 New Zealand 3 week itinerary
- 24 Suggestions needed for Australia itinerary
- 25 12 day Trip to NZ in Nov 2017