We are planning to take a trip to the South Island in Dec/Jan 2014. We are a family of 4. 2 kids 11 and 14. We will have about 2 weeks. I keep reading that it is really busy that time of year. How busy does that mean? Will it detract from the trip?
We would like to either rent a car or perhaps a camper van. Does renting the camper van make things more complicated?
If we rent a car do I have to book into all the hotels in advance or can we play it as we go?
We are looking for a trip where we spend 2 or more days in each place rather than spending too much time in the car. I know that we won't be able to see the whole island.
We are interested in animal life, beautiful land/sea scapes (my daughter loves photography) and some great adventures -kayaking, biking etc. We would be into seeing some more off the beaten track sites as well.
Any itinerary that you can suggest would be greatly appreciated!
We are open to anything!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://x4up.org/vitalpeak-xt/
- 2 strong erection. The supplement works well for a person
- 3 Transiting in Nadi Airport, Fiji
- 4 http://rhinorx90eveningblog.com/cerebrrin/
- 5 http://gomusclebuilding.com/muscle-xtx/
- 6 http://www.supplementadvise.com/cla-safflower-oil/
- 7 Cairns/Port Douglas from Sydney
- 8 South Island Trip Planning: Akaroa Tour or Tranzalpine?
- 9 Scuba trip Great Barrier Reef
- 10 Flights from Ottawa to Sydney to Auckland
- 11 North island New Zealand-help
- 12 Rarotonga
- 13 Australia New Zealand - help with itinerary
- 14 New Zealand SI book ahead??
- 15 South Island trip in Oct.
- 16 transfer services between Sydney Airport and hotels
- 17 What Do you Think of My Itin
- 18 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 19 Great Barrier Reef in January/February??
- 20 7 full days itinerary in Melbourne
- 21 Cairns or Melbourne? Trip Feedback
- 22 Overnight Great Ocean Road
- 23 New Zealand Honeymoon Itinerary
- 24 A week in Fiji
- 25 3 weeks New Zealand - Apr 2017