We are a family of 4 with 2 little kids (9 & 5) and planning our first NZ trip in February next year.
Flying in to Christchurch and back from Queenstown.
Looking for some trip ideas based on your recent experience.
This is what I have thought so far :
1) Arriving in CCH friday late night
2) Saturday - drive to Lake Pukaki/Tekapo, stay overnight.
3) Sun and Mon night - in Wanaka
4) Tuesday night - Milford sound, incl night stay
5) Wednesday - Sunday nights- queenstown
6) Monday morning -fly back
Might be able to manage short walks (up to 30-45 mins). Not sure if Mt Cook is worth the drive as its almost a big detour if driving from CCH to Queenstown.
Also if anyone could recommend scenic drives along the way, that would be great. I have heard drive to milford via homer tunnel is breathtaking.
appreciate any suggestions.
also welcome suggestions on which websites to find reasonable accomodation - preferably self contained. Is air bnb or stayz big in NZ?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://testosteroneboosterbits.com/bigrize/
- 2 7 days in New Zealand
- 3 Hamilton Island
- 4 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 5 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 6 Mt Buller for 1 night in July
- 7 16 Days on the South Island
- 8 Need help in Auckland
- 9 Restaurant recommendations for Tahiti
- 10 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 11 Six Weeks Down Under
- 12 Itinerary for full day bus trip outside of Auckland
- 13 Uber in Sydney
- 14 Sydney Airport for International Flight
- 15 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 16 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 17 Darwin Accomodations
- 18 Airport Fees for Europcar Rental Cars
- 19 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 20 Lodging Reservations in NSW
- 21 New Zealand 3-week itinerary over Christmas
- 22 The Red Center?
- 23 Trip to Cairns
- 24 Blue mountain Or Daintree in July
- 25 Sydney Restauranr Near Opera House for Early Dining