We are a family of 4 with 2 little kids (9 & 5) and planning our first NZ trip in February next year.
Flying in to Christchurch and back from Queenstown.
Looking for some trip ideas based on your recent experience.
This is what I have thought so far :
1) Arriving in CCH friday late night
2) Saturday - drive to Lake Pukaki/Tekapo, stay overnight.
3) Sun and Mon night - in Wanaka
4) Tuesday night - Milford sound, incl night stay
5) Wednesday - Sunday nights- queenstown
6) Monday morning -fly back
Might be able to manage short walks (up to 30-45 mins). Not sure if Mt Cook is worth the drive as its almost a big detour if driving from CCH to Queenstown.
Also if anyone could recommend scenic drives along the way, that would be great. I have heard drive to milford via homer tunnel is breathtaking.
appreciate any suggestions.
also welcome suggestions on which websites to find reasonable accomodation - preferably self contained. Is air bnb or stayz big in NZ?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Trip to Cairns
- 2 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 3 Beers in Oz
- 4 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 5 NZ visa denials
- 6 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 7 Brisbane to Sydney
- 8 5 days in South Island
- 9 Vini SIM card?
- 10 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 11 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 12 New Zealand Itinerary
- 13 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 14 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 15 Help on Itinerary
- 16 Sydney Trip
- 17 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 18 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 19 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 20 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 21 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 22 Extra 2 nights = help
- 23 February Australia Visit
- 24 Best wildlife near sydney
- 25 Where to go in Australia