I will arrive in Sydney from Us on Jan 03,13. I have about 5 weeks to travel.
I had planned to take day trips in Sydney to Blue Mtn & Opera House,
Manley etc, then I thought to go to Melbourne and visit Kangaroo Island
fly to Cairns to see Great Barrier reef then fly to NZ and spend about
a week in NZ. I have shortened my stay to 4 -5 weeks due to health
concerns. I will be mainly sightseeing not hiking or diving etc. All
advice will be greatly appreciated. Are all areas safe for a middle-aged woman traveling alone? Best route to get the most of my time? Will I
be able to see both Auckland and Christchurch or have to leave one out?
I don't like to be regimented but if anyone has information about local
travel companies who could help me with my arrangements I would
appreciate it.I had planned to just have hotels book day tours so that on days
I was tired, could just rest. Will this be a problem in high season.
Thanks so much for all of your help. Johanna
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 2 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 3 How to split up Australia?
- 4 Brisbane to Sydney
- 5 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 6 East Coast Australia
- 7 Six Weeks Down Under
- 8 North and South Island of NZ
- 9 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 10 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 11 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 12 Marlborough Sounds
- 13 Blue mountain in July
- 14 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 15 Tonga January Weather
- 16 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 17 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand
- 18 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 19 Alesund - Geiranger
- 20 Drive from Melbourne to Sydney
- 21 australia for first time
- 22 August Honeymoon Help?
- 23 Auckland restaurants and brewpubs?
- 24 Best way to exchange US dollars for Australian and NZ dollars
- 25 South Island - 8 days