I will arrive in Sydney from Us on Jan 03,13. I have about 5 weeks to travel.
I had planned to take day trips in Sydney to Blue Mtn & Opera House,
Manley etc, then I thought to go to Melbourne and visit Kangaroo Island
fly to Cairns to see Great Barrier reef then fly to NZ and spend about
a week in NZ. I have shortened my stay to 4 -5 weeks due to health
concerns. I will be mainly sightseeing not hiking or diving etc. All
advice will be greatly appreciated. Are all areas safe for a middle-aged woman traveling alone? Best route to get the most of my time? Will I
be able to see both Auckland and Christchurch or have to leave one out?
I don't like to be regimented but if anyone has information about local
travel companies who could help me with my arrangements I would
appreciate it.I had planned to just have hotels book day tours so that on days
I was tired, could just rest. Will this be a problem in high season.
Thanks so much for all of your help. Johanna
Solo Woman traveling to Australia & NZ
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 2 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 3 Sydney and Auckland
- 4 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 5 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 6 10 days itinerary
- 7 Fremantle my love..
- 8 Internet access
- 9 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 10 Packing List
- 11 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 12 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 13 Books?
- 14 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 15 Choosing a Visa
- 16 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 17 One spare day in Darwin
- 18 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 19 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 20 Travel Visa
- 21 Canberra
- 22 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 23 Christmas Day lunch or Dinner in Sydney
- 24 Family Trip to New Zealand: Would love itinerary thoughts!
- 25 Bicycle Traving - What not to do