I will arrive in Sydney from Us on Jan 03,13. I have about 5 weeks to travel.
I had planned to take day trips in Sydney to Blue Mtn & Opera House,
Manley etc, then I thought to go to Melbourne and visit Kangaroo Island
fly to Cairns to see Great Barrier reef then fly to NZ and spend about
a week in NZ. I have shortened my stay to 4 -5 weeks due to health
concerns. I will be mainly sightseeing not hiking or diving etc. All
advice will be greatly appreciated. Are all areas safe for a middle-aged woman traveling alone? Best route to get the most of my time? Will I
be able to see both Auckland and Christchurch or have to leave one out?
I don't like to be regimented but if anyone has information about local
travel companies who could help me with my arrangements I would
appreciate it.I had planned to just have hotels book day tours so that on days
I was tired, could just rest. Will this be a problem in high season.
Thanks so much for all of your help. Johanna
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 South Island Trip Planning: Akaroa Tour or Tranzalpine?
- 2 Scuba trip Great Barrier Reef
- 3 Cairns/Port Douglas from Sydney
- 4 Flights from Ottawa to Sydney to Auckland
- 5 North island New Zealand-help
- 6 Rarotonga
- 7 Australia New Zealand - help with itinerary
- 8 New Zealand SI book ahead??
- 9 South Island trip in Oct.
- 10 transfer services between Sydney Airport and hotels
- 11 What Do you Think of My Itin
- 12 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 13 Great Barrier Reef in January/February??
- 14 7 full days itinerary in Melbourne
- 15 Cairns or Melbourne? Trip Feedback
- 16 Overnight Great Ocean Road
- 17 New Zealand Honeymoon Itinerary
- 18 A week in Fiji
- 19 3 weeks New Zealand - Apr 2017
- 20 15 days Australia road trip off Sydney
- 21 help on NZ trip itinerary, what to keep what to skip
- 22 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 23 Choose a destiation - Oceania Island(s) for 10 day trip
- 24 New Zealand Christchurch area 3 days
- 25 Day trip to see baby seals!!!