I will arrive in Sydney from Us on Jan 03,13. I have about 5 weeks to travel.
I had planned to take day trips in Sydney to Blue Mtn & Opera House,
Manley etc, then I thought to go to Melbourne and visit Kangaroo Island
fly to Cairns to see Great Barrier reef then fly to NZ and spend about
a week in NZ. I have shortened my stay to 4 -5 weeks due to health
concerns. I will be mainly sightseeing not hiking or diving etc. All
advice will be greatly appreciated. Are all areas safe for a middle-aged woman traveling alone? Best route to get the most of my time? Will I
be able to see both Auckland and Christchurch or have to leave one out?
I don't like to be regimented but if anyone has information about local
travel companies who could help me with my arrangements I would
appreciate it.I had planned to just have hotels book day tours so that on days
I was tired, could just rest. Will this be a problem in high season.
Thanks so much for all of your help. Johanna
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Wineries with accomodations
- 2 16 Days NZ Trip
- 3 Drivers license
- 4 Road trip to Canberra and Sydney
- 5 Sydney & Palm Cove in November
- 6 Two weeks in Australia: 2015 Trip Report
- 7 South Island New Zealand 28 days in a motor home
- 8 If you had 2 months for NZ and Australia
- 9 Need help for Dec.-Jan. Australia trip--Melbourne, Tazzie?, KI?, GBR
- 10 Tahiti vs Moorea vs Bora Bora
- 11 Cell Phone/Data Service for NZ
- 12 Itinerary: Both Islands in 27 days
- 13 New Zealand, South Island, 2 weeks, intinerary help?
- 14 New Zealand South Island itinerary advice
- 15 5 Day Circle trip along GOR from Melbourne
- 16 Trip to Australia
- 17 Advice on New Zealand Adventure
- 18 Floriade
- 19 Flying in to Sydney in June and out in July...
- 20 48 hours in NZ North Island- tips?
- 21 New Zealand Itinerary
- 22 Hotels in Sydney and Auckland
- 23 Where to stay in Nadi for 3 nts
- 24 New Years Eve - Australia
- 25 Nadi hotel help 3 nights