I will arrive in Sydney from Us on Jan 03,13. I have about 5 weeks to travel.
I had planned to take day trips in Sydney to Blue Mtn & Opera House,
Manley etc, then I thought to go to Melbourne and visit Kangaroo Island
fly to Cairns to see Great Barrier reef then fly to NZ and spend about
a week in NZ. I have shortened my stay to 4 -5 weeks due to health
concerns. I will be mainly sightseeing not hiking or diving etc. All
advice will be greatly appreciated. Are all areas safe for a middle-aged woman traveling alone? Best route to get the most of my time? Will I
be able to see both Auckland and Christchurch or have to leave one out?
I don't like to be regimented but if anyone has information about local
travel companies who could help me with my arrangements I would
appreciate it.I had planned to just have hotels book day tours so that on days
I was tired, could just rest. Will this be a problem in high season.
Thanks so much for all of your help. Johanna
Solo Woman traveling to Australia & NZ
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Advice for 5 days north of Cairns
- 2 When to travel to New Zealand?
- 3 Buy snorkeling fins in Sydney
- 4 New Zealand: Milford or Routeburn Track? 8 more days
- 5 Airport Customs in Auckland
- 6 Advice needed for South Pacific ports
- 7 "The Serengeti of Tasmania" - Photos from Narawntapu NP and elsewhere in Australia
- 8 Southern Australia Itinerary Advice July 3rd-July 19th
- 9 Second try for Australia Itinerary in October
- 10 Please help with New Zealand Itinerary - 12 days
- 11 NZ Proposed Trip Itinerary (Constructive Suggestions Appreciated!)
- 12 Mammals and avians in SA and NSW
- 13 16 days all over New Zealand
- 14 My Experience Traveling in New Zealand
- 15 The perfect exotic and romantic location for my girlfriend's 21st?
- 16 Tahiti Honeymoon in November?
- 17 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 18 Cairns - boat from Lizard Island
- 19 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 20 Adelaide/Kangaroo Island or AliceSprings/Uluru?
- 21 Australia Trip Guidance Needed - Esp GBR
- 22 Best deal on debit/credit/cash cards
- 23 Small group multi-day hiking operators around Queenstown NZ?
- 24 Question about the "Build Up"
- 25 Tentative South Island NZ itinerary--what do you think?