I will arrive in Sydney from Us on Jan 03,13. I have about 5 weeks to travel.
I had planned to take day trips in Sydney to Blue Mtn & Opera House,
Manley etc, then I thought to go to Melbourne and visit Kangaroo Island
fly to Cairns to see Great Barrier reef then fly to NZ and spend about
a week in NZ. I have shortened my stay to 4 -5 weeks due to health
concerns. I will be mainly sightseeing not hiking or diving etc. All
advice will be greatly appreciated. Are all areas safe for a middle-aged woman traveling alone? Best route to get the most of my time? Will I
be able to see both Auckland and Christchurch or have to leave one out?
I don't like to be regimented but if anyone has information about local
travel companies who could help me with my arrangements I would
appreciate it.I had planned to just have hotels book day tours so that on days
I was tired, could just rest. Will this be a problem in high season.
Thanks so much for all of your help. Johanna
Solo Woman traveling to Australia & NZ
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 1st time to Oz. Suggestions appreciated. (tripplanner001)
- 2 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 3 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 4 Sculptures by the Sea 2014, Cottesloe
- 5 Gregory NP or Limmen NP in the NT
- 6 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 7 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 8 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 9 New Zealand itinerary help
- 10 Hotel in Sydney
- 11 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 12 Melbourne Drive
- 13 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 14 Sydney or Melbourne
- 15 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 16 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 17 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 18 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 19 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 20 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 21 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 22 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 23 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 24 New York Times guide to Perth
- 25 1 month Australia East Coast December / January - ideas