I'm turning 30 in the beginning of March and will be spending my birthday on a solo trip in Australia, woohoo! I only have 6 days, so trying to see how to maximum my time. I've always wanted to visit the Gold Coast for the beaches, but now that I'm researching, there isn't much else other than theme parks there. So now I'm rethinking my plans but not sure where to start.
As far as budget, I know Australia is expensive, so I'd like to plan as budget-friendly as possible (for example, I plan to stay at hostels or do Airbnb). I don't have a set budget but would like to be on the frugal side.
Also, these are the things I would like to do:
-beaches -- layout, paddle board and/or take a surf lesson, just hangout all day doing nothing
-national parks -- hike, see waterfalls and craters if there are any, check out more beaches (but not necessarily to layout, just take pictures)
-BIKING! -- bike through national parks, beach towns, and cities; get to one place to another
-cafes -- read, drink coffee/tea, knit
Based on the info above, does anyone have suggestions for an itinerary? I'm thinking of doing the East Coast, but just not sure how to go about it. Thanks so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Australia for two weeks.
- 2 What To do In Australia?? Suggest Some Holiday Destination.
- 3 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 4 New Zealand-2 days in Rotorua with Toddler
- 5 Middlemarch to Queenstown transportation
- 6 Food to Try Out
- 7 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 8 30 Day Itinerary: Wellington & SI - Any suggestions?
- 9 New Zealand Dec-Jan 2017
- 10 Recommended guidebooks
- 11 South Island Road Trip
- 12 Surprises in Australia
- 13 Sydney Airport Transportation Suggestions
- 14 South Island winter time-lapse video
- 15 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 16 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 17 Air BnB, a bit of a let down
- 18 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 19 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 20 Fiji Resorts for 5 nights
- 21 What is the best time to visit Australia?
- 22 New Zealand with a toddler
- 23 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 24 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 25 Beautiful Spots in Australia per Conde Nast