I'm turning 30 in the beginning of March and will be spending my birthday on a solo trip in Australia, woohoo! I only have 6 days, so trying to see how to maximum my time. I've always wanted to visit the Gold Coast for the beaches, but now that I'm researching, there isn't much else other than theme parks there. So now I'm rethinking my plans but not sure where to start.
As far as budget, I know Australia is expensive, so I'd like to plan as budget-friendly as possible (for example, I plan to stay at hostels or do Airbnb). I don't have a set budget but would like to be on the frugal side.
Also, these are the things I would like to do:
-beaches -- layout, paddle board and/or take a surf lesson, just hangout all day doing nothing
-national parks -- hike, see waterfalls and craters if there are any, check out more beaches (but not necessarily to layout, just take pictures)
-BIKING! -- bike through national parks, beach towns, and cities; get to one place to another
-cafes -- read, drink coffee/tea, knit
Based on the info above, does anyone have suggestions for an itinerary? I'm thinking of doing the East Coast, but just not sure how to go about it. Thanks so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Do you need Special Events Waste Management Services?
- 2 Christmas Day in Sydney
- 3 hotels Sydney Jan 10-15, 2017
- 4 Tara Elizabeth Buchanan - Best places to visit in Sydney
- 5 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 6 Help with NZ Travel
- 7 Christmas Day in Auckland
- 8 Bora Bora- April or/vs May+Agencies/Travel/Activites/Places to stay
- 9 NZ get off cruise and drive to QT/Fjorland?
- 10 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 11 Kaikoura roads update
- 12 Free Camping
- 13 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 14 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 15 Clever, mischievous keas
- 16 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 17 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 18 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 19 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 20 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 21 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 22 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 23 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 24 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 25 North or South after Perth in rental car?