I'm turning 30 in the beginning of March and will be spending my birthday on a solo trip in Australia, woohoo! I only have 6 days, so trying to see how to maximum my time. I've always wanted to visit the Gold Coast for the beaches, but now that I'm researching, there isn't much else other than theme parks there. So now I'm rethinking my plans but not sure where to start.
As far as budget, I know Australia is expensive, so I'd like to plan as budget-friendly as possible (for example, I plan to stay at hostels or do Airbnb). I don't have a set budget but would like to be on the frugal side.
Also, these are the things I would like to do:
-beaches -- layout, paddle board and/or take a surf lesson, just hangout all day doing nothing
-national parks -- hike, see waterfalls and craters if there are any, check out more beaches (but not necessarily to layout, just take pictures)
-BIKING! -- bike through national parks, beach towns, and cities; get to one place to another
-cafes -- read, drink coffee/tea, knit
Based on the info above, does anyone have suggestions for an itinerary? I'm thinking of doing the East Coast, but just not sure how to go about it. Thanks so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 14 day South NZ Trip
- 2 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 3 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 4 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 5 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 6 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 7 One-day hike in Milford area
- 8 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 9 Best national park around Sydney
- 10 1 night stay around GOR
- 11 7 days in New Zealand
- 12 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 13 NZ repeat visitors
- 14 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 15 South Island Suggestions
- 16 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 17 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 18 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 19 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 20 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 21 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 22 New Zealand Car Rental
- 23 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 24 What exactly is a NZ sound?
- 25 4 weeks in New Zealand