I'm having trouble figuring out whether to self drive or take an organized tour. \it's my husband and I traveling in mid-November. My thought is to;
Day 1 - fly into Alice Springs, arrive around lunch time, spend the afternoon wandering around, do the Kangaroo sanctuary at sunset.
Day 2 - take a leisurely drive to Kings Canyon. (which route to take??) wander around
Day 3 - walk the rim of Kings Canyon, drive to Uluru. Do the Sounds of Silence Dinner
Day 4 - sunrise at Uluru, tour of the rock and cultural centre Fly to Cairns
Our travel agent is suggesting - "You would have to start in Ayers Rock and finish in Alice Springs as the coach service between each area works best this way. You would be on a larger bus for the airport transfer in Ayers Rock because the coach picks up everyone coming off each flight but then the tours will be smaller and offer superior touring experiences. The tours in Ayers Rock would be the same as what I mentioned below and then we would have you do the group tour in the morning to Kings Canyon before heading on to Alice Springs. These two could have larger numbers but it totally depends on the number of people booked for that day. The coach would have you arriving into Alice Springs at about 7:30pm and then the flight to Cairns wouldn’t be until around 6pm the following day so you will have time to do some touring around time before departing"
I am wondering if driving around in the coach and having to be on their schedule is worth it. I don't think I would be able to to get to the Kangaroo Sanctuary either...
Your thoughts? How difficult is the drive?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementscombined.com/xcell-180/
- 2 Help me understand how going through customs works!
- 3 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 4 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 5 New Zealand rough itinerary (wheelchair accessible)
- 6 Surprises in Australia
- 7 Would love your feedback on possible N.Z. itinerary
- 8 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 9 2 days in Auckland
- 10 GBR - help me plan a perfect trip!
- 11 "Aerial New Zealand"
- 12 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 13 South Australia in 2 weeks
- 14 5 nights in Sydney
- 15 New Zealand Itinerary Questions
- 16 Best places to travel in Australia
- 17 Auckland Airport to Auckland City
- 18 Blue Mountains - Travel Report
- 19 16 Days on the South Island
- 20 Cook Islands for families
- 21 B&B in NZ
- 22 New Zealand 3 week itinerary
- 23 Suggestions needed for Australia itinerary
- 24 12 day Trip to NZ in Nov 2017
- 25 Bay of Islands Day tour?