I am in the process of planning my Australia trip come late February 2011. I am a 33 year old male traveling with my good female friend who is 29 years old. We are landing in Melbourne, gonna spend a few days there and eventually take a short flight up to Sydney. See Sydney for 4 days then she really wants to rent a car and drive back to Melbourne over 3 days rather than fly. Is this coast between Sydney and Melbourne worth the 3 days? Any suggestions on a route or stops along the way both along the coast or inland. We are both active and I would like to explore the real Australia wherever possible. Thanks!
Scenic Drive from Sydney to Melbourne?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 2 Ferry to Manly Beach
- 3 NZ vs Aust
- 4 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 5 Byron Bay or ...
- 6 Playing Marbles with the Devil - AKA 2 weeks in the Northern Territory
- 7 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
- 8 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 9 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 10 Paging Cathies
- 11 Recommendations for travel on the Great Ocean Road
- 12 Joe Tro's Australia/LA trip report
- 13 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 14 August week end in Auckland
- 15 28 days to campervan around australia
- 16 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 17 Wicked Weekend I Melbourne - too much fun!
- 18 5 days in Sydney: itinerary review
- 19 Sydney Weather in September
- 20 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 21 South Island Suggestions ...
- 22 Favorite things to do in Melbourne
- 23 A Long Weekend Escape to Pemberton, WA
- 24 Bora Bora---Snorkeling AT the resort??
- 25 Sydney-Airport to Hotel Transfer Companies