My daughter and I are traveling around New Zealand for two weeks and are about to leave Auckland for Rotorua. We had wanted to do a "hangi" Maori dinner but are seeing the prices are $100 a person. Has anyone done this recently and did you think it was worth the money? I am feeling it is a tourist trap thing but if it is worth it,please advise ASAP! My daughter and I don't eat oysters or mussels and saw that that was part of the meal. any thing else you would recommend for Rotorua as we are going two nights? Thanks so much!
Rotorua New Zealand -help ASAP!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 EASTER SPECIAL OFFER,MAASAI MARA,KENYA,AFRICA
- 2 EASTER SPECIAL OFFER,MAASAI MARA,KENYA,AFRICA
- 3 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 4 Please help with New Zealand Itinerary - 12 days
- 5 Adelaide/Kangaroo Island or AliceSprings/Uluru?
- 6 Australia Trip Guidance Needed - Esp GBR
- 7 NZ Proposed Trip Itinerary (Constructive Suggestions Appreciated!)
- 8 Best deal on debit/credit/cash cards
- 9 Small group multi-day hiking operators around Queenstown NZ?
- 10 Question about the "Build Up"
- 11 Buy snorkeling fins in Sydney
- 12 Tentative South Island NZ itinerary--what do you think?
- 13 3-1/2 days in Auckland .... Your personal recommendations, please.
- 14 Tipping
- 15 2 weeks in AUS and destination similar to Port Douglas?
- 16 Clueless Yank ISO Alice guidance
- 17 Songdoc's Photos of Beautiful Tasmania
- 18 auckland connection
- 19 Five weeks in ANZ
- 20 Drive from Alice Springs to Kings Canyon
- 21 Pictures and HD Videos from one week in Palau
- 22 A Good Day Trips Company in New Zealand
- 23 Please critique my plan for 2 weeks in Australia (first trip)
- 24 New Zealand Travel Agencies
- 25 Sydney