My husband has just given me the green light to plan a trip during our Thanksgiving Break! We have a 2 year old who we are hoping will have a fabulous vacation with her grandparents so that we can have a "second honeymoon" of sorts before we begin to try for a second. I've always always wanted to go to New Zealand and am hoping to get a jolt of great advice before I start my own intense research.
Given our short time period (really just a week, with partial weekends on both ends as we need to get from San Francisco down to Los Angeles to drop the little one off), I know it's impossible to do and see very much. So i'm looking for the quintessential romantic New Zealand experience.
Things that I would like to do:
- Love stars, Lake Tekapo, Southern Cross?
- Bike riding on a vineyard trail
- Hot air balloon ride at down
- Natural mud baths, Rotorua?
You get the picture! Is there a destination that would be best for us to spend our time in and be able to hit up as many of the above activities, or similar ones?
Super appreciate any suggestions! Thanks so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Aussie chiller hats
- 2 12 Days in S.I. NZ
- 3 Australia for two weeks.
- 4 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 5 Auckland to Wellington with Toddler
- 6 What To do In Australia?? Suggest Some Holiday Destination.
- 7 New Zealand-2 days in Rotorua with Toddler
- 8 Middlemarch to Queenstown transportation
- 9 Food to Try Out
- 10 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 11 30 Day Itinerary: Wellington & SI - Any suggestions?
- 12 New Zealand Dec-Jan 2017
- 13 Recommended guidebooks
- 14 South Island Road Trip
- 15 Surprises in Australia
- 16 South Island winter time-lapse video
- 17 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 18 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 19 Air BnB, a bit of a let down
- 20 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 21 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 22 Fiji Resorts for 5 nights
- 23 What is the best time to visit Australia?
- 24 New Zealand with a toddler
- 25 Gariwerd - The Grampians