My husband has just given me the green light to plan a trip during our Thanksgiving Break! We have a 2 year old who we are hoping will have a fabulous vacation with her grandparents so that we can have a "second honeymoon" of sorts before we begin to try for a second. I've always always wanted to go to New Zealand and am hoping to get a jolt of great advice before I start my own intense research.
Given our short time period (really just a week, with partial weekends on both ends as we need to get from San Francisco down to Los Angeles to drop the little one off), I know it's impossible to do and see very much. So i'm looking for the quintessential romantic New Zealand experience.
Things that I would like to do:
- Love stars, Lake Tekapo, Southern Cross?
- Bike riding on a vineyard trail
- Hot air balloon ride at down
- Natural mud baths, Rotorua?
You get the picture! Is there a destination that would be best for us to spend our time in and be able to hit up as many of the above activities, or similar ones?
Super appreciate any suggestions! Thanks so much!!
Romantic New Zealand?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 2 Honeymoon in Australia - Sydney
- 3 Review our NZ Itinerary please
- 4 First trip to NZ (2 weeks in Dec/Jan)
- 5 Skiing for beginners
- 6 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 7 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 8 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 9 New Zealand: Cruise vs. Land
- 10 Itinerary Help
- 11 I've been, I've been to the Land Down Under...
- 12 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 13 Packing List
- 14 Abel - Kayak and Walk / Timing Questions
- 15 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 16 Sydney and Auckland
- 17 Internet access
- 18 Night Out Byron Bay
- 19 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 20 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 21 10 days itinerary
- 22 Fremantle my love..
- 23 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 24 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 25 Books?