My husband has just given me the green light to plan a trip during our Thanksgiving Break! We have a 2 year old who we are hoping will have a fabulous vacation with her grandparents so that we can have a "second honeymoon" of sorts before we begin to try for a second. I've always always wanted to go to New Zealand and am hoping to get a jolt of great advice before I start my own intense research.
Given our short time period (really just a week, with partial weekends on both ends as we need to get from San Francisco down to Los Angeles to drop the little one off), I know it's impossible to do and see very much. So i'm looking for the quintessential romantic New Zealand experience.
Things that I would like to do:
- Love stars, Lake Tekapo, Southern Cross?
- Bike riding on a vineyard trail
- Hot air balloon ride at down
- Natural mud baths, Rotorua?
You get the picture! Is there a destination that would be best for us to spend our time in and be able to hit up as many of the above activities, or similar ones?
Super appreciate any suggestions! Thanks so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 5 days in South Island
- 2 South Island - 8 days
- 3 North Island-New Zealand help?
- 4 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 5 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 6 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 7 Getting around South Island NZ without a Car?
- 8 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 9 west and north Tasmania
- 10 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 11 Trip to Cairns
- 12 Beers in Oz
- 13 NZ visa denials
- 14 Brisbane to Sydney
- 15 Vini SIM card?
- 16 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 17 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 18 New Zealand Itinerary
- 19 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 20 Help on Itinerary
- 21 Sydney Trip
- 22 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 23 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 24 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 25 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne