My husband has just given me the green light to plan a trip during our Thanksgiving Break! We have a 2 year old who we are hoping will have a fabulous vacation with her grandparents so that we can have a "second honeymoon" of sorts before we begin to try for a second. I've always always wanted to go to New Zealand and am hoping to get a jolt of great advice before I start my own intense research.
Given our short time period (really just a week, with partial weekends on both ends as we need to get from San Francisco down to Los Angeles to drop the little one off), I know it's impossible to do and see very much. So i'm looking for the quintessential romantic New Zealand experience.
Things that I would like to do:
- Love stars, Lake Tekapo, Southern Cross?
- Bike riding on a vineyard trail
- Hot air balloon ride at down
- Natural mud baths, Rotorua?
You get the picture! Is there a destination that would be best for us to spend our time in and be able to hit up as many of the above activities, or similar ones?
Super appreciate any suggestions! Thanks so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand 12 Days Aug-Sept
- 2 Where best to pickup rental car in Sydney to travel to the Blue Mountains?
- 3 Drive from Nelson or Christchurch to Queenstown during winter
- 4 Tasmania
- 5 Seeking StopOver Ideas for US to Australia Trip
- 6 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 7 13 Days North & South Island in October (NZ Spring)
- 8 2016 Rugby internationals - anyone watching?
- 9 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 10 NZ expects 4.5 million tourists per year by 2022
- 11 Help for 6 days based in Queenstown
- 12 Accommodations Brisbane
- 13 Skiing in Australia in July?
- 14 Australia 2017 - Oz Winter or Spring Honeymoon?
- 15 Cairns to Sydney early 2017
- 16 Repositioning cruise
- 17 18 days nz.
- 18 South Island over December-January Holidays
- 19 Australia/New Zealand 3 weeks
- 20 New Zealand - South Island 8 days
- 21 New Zealand ~3 weeks, nature oriented tour?
- 22 Help finding affordable aprking
- 23 NZ Air Sky Couch Seats
- 24 9 days itinerary from Aukland to Queentown
- 25 Melbourne--in the summer is air conditioning a must ?