My husband has just given me the green light to plan a trip during our Thanksgiving Break! We have a 2 year old who we are hoping will have a fabulous vacation with her grandparents so that we can have a "second honeymoon" of sorts before we begin to try for a second. I've always always wanted to go to New Zealand and am hoping to get a jolt of great advice before I start my own intense research.
Given our short time period (really just a week, with partial weekends on both ends as we need to get from San Francisco down to Los Angeles to drop the little one off), I know it's impossible to do and see very much. So i'm looking for the quintessential romantic New Zealand experience.
Things that I would like to do:
- Love stars, Lake Tekapo, Southern Cross?
- Bike riding on a vineyard trail
- Hot air balloon ride at down
- Natural mud baths, Rotorua?
You get the picture! Is there a destination that would be best for us to spend our time in and be able to hit up as many of the above activities, or similar ones?
Super appreciate any suggestions! Thanks so much!!
Romantic New Zealand?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Initial Planning for NZ trip
- 2 Honeymooning in Australia and NZ
- 3 Penguins in Bicheno or Phillip Island?
- 4 New Zealand South Island Itinerary
- 5 Tasmania Itinerary Question
- 6 Air New Zealand & Virgin Australia Baggage Limits
- 7 Sydney
- 8 Queenstown to Nelson Itinerary Question
- 9 So much good wine, so little time; South Australia's Limestone Coast
- 10 Marlborough Sounds???
- 11 Hey, Bokhara2 and cathies, need restaurant recommendations
- 12 8 Day South Island Itinerary in Oct
- 13 Itinerary Planning
- 14 dinner cruise in sydney harbor
- 15 New Zealand itinerary help
- 16 Yarra Valley Wineries
- 17 Fireworks Festival - A "MUST DO"
- 18 Katoomba vs. Leura vs ... ????
- 19 Song doc - one for you
- 20 North Island - 5 days - Wellington - Auckland
- 21 Jet Star?
- 22 Aussie Trip Report: No cities, no worries
- 23 Melbourne, Adelaide, Tasmania in which order?
- 24 dinner cruise in sydney harbor
- 25 NZ Itinerary from Christchurch to Queenstown in 8 days