My husband has just given me the green light to plan a trip during our Thanksgiving Break! We have a 2 year old who we are hoping will have a fabulous vacation with her grandparents so that we can have a "second honeymoon" of sorts before we begin to try for a second. I've always always wanted to go to New Zealand and am hoping to get a jolt of great advice before I start my own intense research.
Given our short time period (really just a week, with partial weekends on both ends as we need to get from San Francisco down to Los Angeles to drop the little one off), I know it's impossible to do and see very much. So i'm looking for the quintessential romantic New Zealand experience.
Things that I would like to do:
- Love stars, Lake Tekapo, Southern Cross?
- Bike riding on a vineyard trail
- Hot air balloon ride at down
- Natural mud baths, Rotorua?
You get the picture! Is there a destination that would be best for us to spend our time in and be able to hit up as many of the above activities, or similar ones?
Super appreciate any suggestions! Thanks so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 January-March When to visit NZ
- 2 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 3 Hikes in New Zealand
- 4 New Zealand Itinerary Help
- 5 Australia/New Zealand 3 weeks
- 6 Tiger Air and Baggage Fees
- 7 Nervous American driving in AU
- 8 Domestic flights in Australia? when?
- 9 9.5 days in New Zealand
- 10 Milford Sound day trip sounds like too long a day!
- 11 New Zeaaland
- 12 Scuba trip Great Barrier Reef
- 13 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 14 HELP! New Zealand 2weeks July with baby (and pregnant)
- 15 New Zealand on our own?
- 16 2nd year visa extentiom
- 17 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 18 Sydney places to stay
- 19 Sydney in March
- 20 Help, 24 hours in Tassie to fill!!
- 21 Australia/New Zealand in 2 weeks
- 22 Help with itinerary! 2 wks in Aus
- 23 Box Jellies on the GBR
- 24 2 wks in Aus - need help with itinerary
- 25 Nelson, New Zealand