I'm spending 12 days in Australia, and I could really use some itinerary review and thoughts, please. I'm going to break them up into sections.
Flying from Melbourne to Canberra, arriving on a Tuesday at 9:35 am, departing Wednesday at like 7:30 pm.
- perhaps take taxi to Park Hyatt Canberra? The Airliner bus just seems inconvenient for this hotel. Or maybe I can spare the extra time and just connect on another bus. I'll hardly have any luggage
- National Gallery and National Portrait Gallery. Lunch in one of those places.
- High Court
- Tour of Parliament House at 3 pm
- Museum of Democracy
- Head back to Park Hyatt, enjoy lounge snacks
Any idea about dinner? There are virtually no dinner restaurants nearby in walking distance as far as I can see, and Waters' Edge is a bit too pricey
- cab to Telstra Tower 9 am
- Botanic Gardens
- walk to Civic Square
- quick bite
- walk to War Memorial and Anzac Parade
- cab from somewhere to National Museum Australia (2 until closing?)
- cab (or maybe just walk) back to Hyatt, and depending on energy and timing, cab or Airliner bus back to Airport for 7:35 flight.
(how much time to allot for check-in? any options for dinner?)
Any way to avoid all the cabbing on Wednesday? Could get expensive
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 4 hour transit in Sydney
- 2 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 3 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 4 14 day South NZ Trip
- 5 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 6 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 7 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 8 One-day hike in Milford area
- 9 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 10 Best national park around Sydney
- 11 1 night stay around GOR
- 12 7 days in New Zealand
- 13 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 14 NZ repeat visitors
- 15 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 16 South Island Suggestions
- 17 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 18 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 19 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 20 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 21 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 22 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 23 New Zealand Car Rental
- 24 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 25 What exactly is a NZ sound?