I'm spending 12 days in Australia, and I could really use some itinerary review and thoughts, please. I'm going to break them up into sections.
Flying from Melbourne to Canberra, arriving on a Tuesday at 9:35 am, departing Wednesday at like 7:30 pm.
- perhaps take taxi to Park Hyatt Canberra? The Airliner bus just seems inconvenient for this hotel. Or maybe I can spare the extra time and just connect on another bus. I'll hardly have any luggage
- National Gallery and National Portrait Gallery. Lunch in one of those places.
- High Court
- Tour of Parliament House at 3 pm
- Museum of Democracy
- Head back to Park Hyatt, enjoy lounge snacks
Any idea about dinner? There are virtually no dinner restaurants nearby in walking distance as far as I can see, and Waters' Edge is a bit too pricey
- cab to Telstra Tower 9 am
- Botanic Gardens
- walk to Civic Square
- quick bite
- walk to War Memorial and Anzac Parade
- cab from somewhere to National Museum Australia (2 until closing?)
- cab (or maybe just walk) back to Hyatt, and depending on energy and timing, cab or Airliner bus back to Airport for 7:35 flight.
(how much time to allot for check-in? any options for dinner?)
Any way to avoid all the cabbing on Wednesday? Could get expensive
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 2 Are you looking permanent resident of Australia?
- 3 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 4 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 5 Free Camping
- 6 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 7 Kaikoura roads update
- 8 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 9 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 10 Clever, mischievous keas
- 11 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 12 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 13 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 14 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 15 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 16 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 17 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 18 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 19 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 20 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 21 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 22 Translation of documents
- 23 SH1 to Kaikoura update
- 24 10 days NZ-crusie or land??
- 25 Cooking classes near Melbourne