I'm spending 12 days in Australia, and I could really use some itinerary review and thoughts, please. I'm going to break them up into sections.
Flying from Melbourne to Canberra, arriving on a Tuesday at 9:35 am, departing Wednesday at like 7:30 pm.
- perhaps take taxi to Park Hyatt Canberra? The Airliner bus just seems inconvenient for this hotel. Or maybe I can spare the extra time and just connect on another bus. I'll hardly have any luggage
- National Gallery and National Portrait Gallery. Lunch in one of those places.
- High Court
- Tour of Parliament House at 3 pm
- Museum of Democracy
- Head back to Park Hyatt, enjoy lounge snacks
Any idea about dinner? There are virtually no dinner restaurants nearby in walking distance as far as I can see, and Waters' Edge is a bit too pricey
- cab to Telstra Tower 9 am
- Botanic Gardens
- walk to Civic Square
- quick bite
- walk to War Memorial and Anzac Parade
- cab from somewhere to National Museum Australia (2 until closing?)
- cab (or maybe just walk) back to Hyatt, and depending on energy and timing, cab or Airliner bus back to Airport for 7:35 flight.
(how much time to allot for check-in? any options for dinner?)
Any way to avoid all the cabbing on Wednesday? Could get expensive
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 2 5 days in South Island
- 3 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 4 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 5 New Zealand Itinerary
- 6 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 7 NZ visa denials
- 8 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 9 Help on Itinerary
- 10 Sydney Trip
- 11 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 12 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 13 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 14 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 15 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 16 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 17 Extra 2 nights = help
- 18 February Australia Visit
- 19 Best wildlife near sydney
- 20 Where to go in Australia
- 21 Bruny Island
- 22 Western Australia
- 23 South Island - West Coast Itinerary
- 24 Vava'u - Tongan Beach Resort - Photoshopped pictures on their website
- 25 New Zealand South Island Alternative Itinerary