In August I will be traveling to Australia for 2 weeks. I'm traveling with my sister (mid-50s), my nephew (mid 20s) and I'm in my late 40s. This will be our first time in Australia and we are counting down the days with excitement!
We are working on our itinerary and are considering driving from Melbourne to Adelaide. The Great Ocean Road sounds beautiful. Is there plenty to see and experience in that drive? How may days could that drive take? Or should we consider driving just a portion of the road and planning other day trips for the other days?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Parking near Darling Harbour
- 2 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 3 Six Weeks Down Under
- 4 The southern lights
- 5 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 6 Picton Drive Through
- 7 Mel's NZ Photos
- 8 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 9 August Honeymoon Help?
- 10 How to split up Australia?
- 11 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 12 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 13 Brisbane to Sydney
- 14 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 15 East Coast Australia
- 16 North and South Island of NZ
- 17 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 18 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 19 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 20 Marlborough Sounds
- 21 Blue mountain in July
- 22 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 23 Tonga January Weather
- 24 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 25 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand