In August I will be traveling to Australia for 2 weeks. I'm traveling with my sister (mid-50s), my nephew (mid 20s) and I'm in my late 40s. This will be our first time in Australia and we are counting down the days with excitement!
We are working on our itinerary and are considering driving from Melbourne to Adelaide. The Great Ocean Road sounds beautiful. Is there plenty to see and experience in that drive? How may days could that drive take? Or should we consider driving just a portion of the road and planning other day trips for the other days?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Recommendations for travel on the Great Ocean Road
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Please help with New Zealand Itinerary - 12 days
- 2 Best deal on debit/credit/cash cards
- 3 Australia Trip Guidance Needed - Esp GBR
- 4 Small group multi-day hiking operators around Queenstown NZ?
- 5 Question about the "Build Up"
- 6 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 7 Buy snorkeling fins in Sydney
- 8 NZ Proposed Trip Itinerary (Constructive Suggestions Appreciated!)
- 9 Tentative South Island NZ itinerary--what do you think?
- 10 3-1/2 days in Auckland .... Your personal recommendations, please.
- 11 Tipping
- 12 2 weeks in AUS and destination similar to Port Douglas?
- 13 Clueless Yank ISO Alice guidance
- 14 Songdoc's Photos of Beautiful Tasmania
- 15 auckland connection
- 16 Five weeks in ANZ
- 17 Drive from Alice Springs to Kings Canyon
- 18 Pictures and HD Videos from one week in Palau
- 19 A Good Day Trips Company in New Zealand
- 20 Please critique my plan for 2 weeks in Australia (first trip)
- 21 Adelaide/Kangaroo Island or AliceSprings/Uluru?
- 22 New Zealand Travel Agencies
- 23 Sydney
- 24 10 Day Itinerary South Island
- 25 Which route to take - to/from Kaikoura