In August I will be traveling to Australia for 2 weeks. I'm traveling with my sister (mid-50s), my nephew (mid 20s) and I'm in my late 40s. This will be our first time in Australia and we are counting down the days with excitement!
We are working on our itinerary and are considering driving from Melbourne to Adelaide. The Great Ocean Road sounds beautiful. Is there plenty to see and experience in that drive? How may days could that drive take? Or should we consider driving just a portion of the road and planning other day trips for the other days?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 help on NZ trip itinerary, what to keep what to skip
- 2 Seeking StopOver Ideas for US to Australia Trip
- 3 some questions about upcoming trip to Australia and New Zealand
- 4 A family trip to Sydney and the Blue Mountains
- 5 Apex car rental in Australia
- 6 Drive from Nelson or Christchurch to Queenstown during winter
- 7 6 1/2 weeks Australia and New Zealand
- 8 Stay near to Melbourne airport / city?
- 9 Where best to pickup rental car in Sydney to travel to the Blue Mountains?
- 10 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 11 New Zealand 12 Days Aug-Sept
- 12 2016 Rugby internationals - anyone watching?
- 13 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 14 13 Days North & South Island in October (NZ Spring)
- 15 Tasmania
- 16 NZ expects 4.5 million tourists per year by 2022
- 17 Help for 6 days based in Queenstown
- 18 Accommodations Brisbane
- 19 Skiing in Australia in July?
- 20 Australia 2017 - Oz Winter or Spring Honeymoon?
- 21 Cairns to Sydney early 2017
- 22 Repositioning cruise
- 23 18 days nz.
- 24 South Island over December-January Holidays
- 25 Australia/New Zealand 3 weeks