In August I will be traveling to Australia for 2 weeks. I'm traveling with my sister (mid-50s), my nephew (mid 20s) and I'm in my late 40s. This will be our first time in Australia and we are counting down the days with excitement!
We are working on our itinerary and are considering driving from Melbourne to Adelaide. The Great Ocean Road sounds beautiful. Is there plenty to see and experience in that drive? How may days could that drive take? Or should we consider driving just a portion of the road and planning other day trips for the other days?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 2 Clever, mischievous keas
- 3 Free Camping
- 4 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 5 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 6 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 7 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 8 Kaikoura roads update
- 9 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 10 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 11 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 12 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 13 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 14 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 15 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 16 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 17 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 18 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 19 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 20 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 21 Translation of documents
- 22 SH1 to Kaikoura update
- 23 10 days NZ-crusie or land??
- 24 Cooking classes near Melbourne
- 25 Sunshine coast or gold coast in February