In August I will be traveling to Australia for 2 weeks. I'm traveling with my sister (mid-50s), my nephew (mid 20s) and I'm in my late 40s. This will be our first time in Australia and we are counting down the days with excitement!
We are working on our itinerary and are considering driving from Melbourne to Adelaide. The Great Ocean Road sounds beautiful. Is there plenty to see and experience in that drive? How may days could that drive take? Or should we consider driving just a portion of the road and planning other day trips for the other days?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Buy passports,licenses,ID card,etc email@example.com
- 2 Tips for Cook Islands - Solo Female Traveler
- 3 New Zealand-Trip Report-30 Days North & South Island
- 4 Itinerary set! Any Fodorites up for meeting up in Australia?
- 5 NZ- Nov or Dec?
- 6 Scenic Overload on NZ's South Island: November 2015
- 7 Solo (mostly) coach trip - 45 days itinerary planning
- 8 Proposed itinerary- comments please!
- 9 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 3
- 10 Prelim itinerary- 12 nights on the North Island
- 11 Help rounding out AU & NZ itinerary
- 12 Planning 20 days in Autralia
- 13 Arriving in Queenstown - When to Visit Milford Sound?
- 14 Rental Car Return and Melbourne
- 15 May/June Wedding on Rarotonga
- 16 Foreign Exchange Programs
- 17 Cairns or Port Douglas
- 18 Tonga is a off the beaten track, but a beautiful destination: See my pics!
- 19 Where to Sky Dive and Bungee in NZ
- 20 Solo travel in Australia -- not sure where to go!
- 21 Need Help On French Polynesia Trip in June.
- 22 Two day South Coast & Southern Highlands loop - restaurant reccos please.
- 23 Sydney or Melbourne for wine tour?
- 24 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 2
- 25 Southern Highlands vs Hunter Valley