Spent the last week of Dec in Rarotonga. We really enjoyed it. Raro is the largest of the Cooks, however, it is still small. We found it to be quiet with very friendly and helpful locales. We always tried new restaurants and never had a bad meal. We stayed at Moana Sands and really loved it. The water was warm and calm because of the lagoon. Lots and lots of foliage. I kept saying I felt like I was on the island from Lost. We rented a small car but there is a reliable bus system that circles the island. Only thing to realize is that that the diving/snorkeling is not outstanding. We snorkled every day in front of our hotel. The reef was not in good shape, but we still saw fish. Seemed to be better the further out you went. I suspect some of the other Cook Islands may be better in this regard. Would go there again.
Rarotonga Cook Islands Trip
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 NZ North Island Itinerary Critique
- 2 Christchurch or Akaroa?
- 3 Itinerary help Australia & New Zealand
- 4 NSW/Queensland- 4 free days
- 5 The perfect exotic and romantic location for my girlfriend's 21st?
- 6 New Zealand advice
- 7 New Zealand for Solo Travelers
- 8 Tassie in winter
- 9 The Earth Makes Music for Those Who Listen; Siblings on the South Island
- 10 Booked flights to Brisbane mid-June
- 11 Need help for Dec.-Jan. Australia trip--Melbourne, Tazzie?, KI?, GBR
- 12 Bye-Bye Pemberton
- 13 Photobook from trip to New Zealand
- 14 looking for someone to preform our wedding on Moorea Tahiti
- 15 Need suggestions for things to do in Australia
- 16 Kangaroo Island or Cleland Wildlife Park in Adelaide
- 17 No Snakes, No Worries: A Summer Trip to New Zealand
- 18 9 days in Fiji
- 19 Canberra
- 20 1st Visit to Australia: Itinerary Help
- 21 AAT Kings 5 day Monkey Mia tour from Perth, Oct 2012
- 22 Tasmania in may with 11 month baby for about 12 days
- 23 Fiji - Snorkel & Scuba
- 24 Europcar car rental scam - follow-up and solution
- 25 Is the ferry crossing between islands in NZ rough?