Spent the last week of Dec in Rarotonga. We really enjoyed it. Raro is the largest of the Cooks, however, it is still small. We found it to be quiet with very friendly and helpful locales. We always tried new restaurants and never had a bad meal. We stayed at Moana Sands and really loved it. The water was warm and calm because of the lagoon. Lots and lots of foliage. I kept saying I felt like I was on the island from Lost. We rented a small car but there is a reliable bus system that circles the island. Only thing to realize is that that the diving/snorkeling is not outstanding. We snorkled every day in front of our hotel. The reef was not in good shape, but we still saw fish. Seemed to be better the further out you went. I suspect some of the other Cook Islands may be better in this regard. Would go there again.
Rarotonga Cook Islands Trip
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Songdoc's Photos of Beautiful Tasmania
- 2 Songdoc's Tasmanian Honeymoon
- 3 Very beginning of very rough itinerary
- 4 The Great Australian Adventure
- 5 Taormina to Palermo
- 6 Shoe Recommendations for NZ??
- 7 First time in NZ and only have a week
- 8 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 9 NZ SI: Picton to Christchurch anywhere worth staying a night?
- 10 18 & 19 year old traveling for two weeks after 7 months in Brisbane
- 11 Must See/Dos in New Zealand
- 12 21 day New Zealand Itinerary with Milford Track
- 13 Songdoc - Skippers Canyon
- 14 7 day south island itinerary help, start/end in Queenstown
- 15 Moorea - Villas/House/Condo's
- 16 Great Ocean Road Itinerary
- 17 5 week itinerary help
- 18 Beachmere Australias most Unfriendly Town
- 19 Help with Australia/ New Zealand plan!
- 20 New Zealand Trip - Solicit suggestions
- 21 Margaret River, One Bite at a Time
- 22 New Zealand (South Island) 10 Day Itinerary - Need Advice Please
- 23 Ideas for holidays in Australia in January/February
- 24 This special community - Fodorville
- 25 New Zealand -help with itinerary