Spent the last week of Dec in Rarotonga. We really enjoyed it. Raro is the largest of the Cooks, however, it is still small. We found it to be quiet with very friendly and helpful locales. We always tried new restaurants and never had a bad meal. We stayed at Moana Sands and really loved it. The water was warm and calm because of the lagoon. Lots and lots of foliage. I kept saying I felt like I was on the island from Lost. We rented a small car but there is a reliable bus system that circles the island. Only thing to realize is that that the diving/snorkeling is not outstanding. We snorkled every day in front of our hotel. The reef was not in good shape, but we still saw fish. Seemed to be better the further out you went. I suspect some of the other Cook Islands may be better in this regard. Would go there again.
Rarotonga Cook Islands Trip
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 2 1st time to Oz. Suggestions appreciated. (tripplanner001)
- 3 Sculptures by the Sea 2014, Cottesloe
- 4 Gregory NP or Limmen NP in the NT
- 5 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 6 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 7 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 8 New Zealand itinerary help
- 9 Hotel in Sydney
- 10 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 11 Melbourne Drive
- 12 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 13 Sydney or Melbourne
- 14 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 15 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 16 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 17 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 18 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 19 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 20 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 21 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 22 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 23 New York Times guide to Perth
- 24 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 25 1 month Australia East Coast December / January - ideas