Spent the last week of Dec in Rarotonga. We really enjoyed it. Raro is the largest of the Cooks, however, it is still small. We found it to be quiet with very friendly and helpful locales. We always tried new restaurants and never had a bad meal. We stayed at Moana Sands and really loved it. The water was warm and calm because of the lagoon. Lots and lots of foliage. I kept saying I felt like I was on the island from Lost. We rented a small car but there is a reliable bus system that circles the island. Only thing to realize is that that the diving/snorkeling is not outstanding. We snorkled every day in front of our hotel. The reef was not in good shape, but we still saw fish. Seemed to be better the further out you went. I suspect some of the other Cook Islands may be better in this regard. Would go there again.
Rarotonga Cook Islands Trip
- 1 Travelling then teaching in Australia - any words of wisdom?
- 2 Port Douglas vs. Airlie Beach
- 3 Australia RideShare Group in Facebook
- 4 Kangaroos, Koalas, & Kookaburras, Oh, My: A Songdoc Aussie Trip Report
- 5 Rotorua Price List, Free Stuff and some other thoughts
- 6 Addicted to New Zealand - Trip Report
- 7 So much to do, so little time. A long weekend in Margaret River
- 8 Overnight on Hong Kong/Australia trip
- 9 Tahiti - April 2013
- 10 Australia & New Zealand tour companies
- 11 Here goes - 1st attempt at a NZ 17 night itinerary.
- 12 First visit to New Zealand and (possibly) Australia
- 13 16 days all over New Zealand
- 14 7-14 days in Australia in August
- 15 NZ - Trip of a lifetime. Help!
- 16 Sydney real estate and cost of living
- 17 From Ramana kumar 569
- 18 Planning Stages of Trip To Fiji and Australia
- 19 Calmest part of GBR
- 20 Songdoc's Aussie Pix!!!
- 21 honeymoon in october
- 22 Need a car on Aitutaki?
- 23 Tahiti
- 24 travelling around oceania islands
- 25 November 2013 East Coast & Tasmania