I'm a young African-American woman looking to volunteer soon in either Samoa, Fiji or Tonga this upcoming Spring. This may seem like a stereotypical ethnic question but I was wondering if anyone had experiences out in the pacific islands with race relations or could give me a general idea of how native Pacific Islanders treat AAs. I would love to volunteer out there but I would hate for it to turn into bad experience due to a racial tension or issues!
Serious & honest answers only please!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Documentary on Lebanon
- 2 New Zealand South Island 15 Nights Itinerary
- 3 Queenstown vs Christchurch
- 4 Milford Sound (Fly! Cruise! Fly!) - Travel Report
- 5 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 6 Australia for two weeks.
- 7 Palau Travel Report
- 8 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 1 - Travel Report
- 9 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 10 Antarctica Penguin Disaster
- 11 7 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 12 Visa
- 13 Guam Travel Report
- 14 New Zealand Car Hire
- 15 Tasmania itinerary
- 16 McLaren Vale in South Australia as base for 4 days?
- 17 Research on Australian Tourism
- 18 Australia and NZ visit!
- 19 12 Days in S.I. NZ
- 20 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 21 Cheap Flights to Bangkok from Gold Coast
- 22 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 23 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 24 Recommended guidebooks
- 25 Need Some suggestions on South Island