I'm a young African-American woman looking to volunteer soon in either Samoa, Fiji or Tonga this upcoming Spring. This may seem like a stereotypical ethnic question but I was wondering if anyone had experiences out in the pacific islands with race relations or could give me a general idea of how native Pacific Islanders treat AAs. I would love to volunteer out there but I would hate for it to turn into bad experience due to a racial tension or issues!
Serious & honest answers only please!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 2 Six Weeks Down Under
- 3 First Time - Assistance with NZ- South
- 4 Flood Emergency Services
- 5 7 days in New Zealand
- 6 Hamilton Island
- 7 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 8 Mt Buller for 1 night in July
- 9 16 Days on the South Island
- 10 Need help in Auckland
- 11 Restaurant recommendations for Tahiti
- 12 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 13 Itinerary for full day bus trip outside of Auckland
- 14 Uber in Sydney
- 15 Sydney Airport for International Flight
- 16 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 17 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 18 Darwin Accomodations
- 19 Airport Fees for Europcar Rental Cars
- 20 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 21 Lodging Reservations in NSW
- 22 New Zealand 3-week itinerary over Christmas
- 23 The Red Center?
- 24 Trip to Cairns
- 25 Blue mountain Or Daintree in July