I'm a young African-American woman looking to volunteer soon in either Samoa, Fiji or Tonga this upcoming Spring. This may seem like a stereotypical ethnic question but I was wondering if anyone had experiences out in the pacific islands with race relations or could give me a general idea of how native Pacific Islanders treat AAs. I would love to volunteer out there but I would hate for it to turn into bad experience due to a racial tension or issues!
Serious & honest answers only please!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Help me understand how going through customs works!
- 2 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 3 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 4 New Zealand rough itinerary (wheelchair accessible)
- 5 Surprises in Australia
- 6 Would love your feedback on possible N.Z. itinerary
- 7 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 8 2 days in Auckland
- 9 GBR - help me plan a perfect trip!
- 10 "Aerial New Zealand"
- 11 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 12 South Australia in 2 weeks
- 13 5 nights in Sydney
- 14 New Zealand Itinerary Questions
- 15 Best places to travel in Australia
- 16 Auckland Airport to Auckland City
- 17 Blue Mountains - Travel Report
- 18 16 Days on the South Island
- 19 Cook Islands for families
- 20 B&B in NZ
- 21 New Zealand 3 week itinerary
- 22 Suggestions needed for Australia itinerary
- 23 12 day Trip to NZ in Nov 2017
- 24 Bay of Islands Day tour?
- 25 Auckland hotels?