I've read through many older posts and wanted to get your feedback on our proposed North Island itinerary. We will be traveling in late November and I've heeded the earlier advice from many to stick to one island given the short timeframe. We are in our early 40's and interested in scenery, visting small towns, wine, and just overall experiencing a new place. We will be driving once we leave Auckland.
One item worth noting- we have to fly through Sydney and I originally thought we should add a day or two there (I've never been, my husband has), but I don't think I have any time to spare in the agenda below...except maybe starting our trip a day earlier.
Monday- arrive Auckland in the afternoon; recover from insane flight
Fri- drop car in Wellington and fly back to Auckland
Sat- depart for home
Ok, what would you change?? It seems like we're missing a ton, but there's only so much we can see in 12 days as we don't want to feel rushed. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 ( OUTLOOK Password Reset CONTACT ☎1 800:681:7208 OUTLOOK Tec*h SUPP
- 2 Surprises in Australia
- 3 Would love your feedback on possible N.Z. itinerary
- 4 New Zealand rough itinerary (wheelchair accessible)
- 5 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 6 2 days in Auckland
- 7 GBR - help me plan a perfect trip!
- 8 "Aerial New Zealand"
- 9 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 10 South Australia in 2 weeks
- 11 5 nights in Sydney
- 12 New Zealand Itinerary Questions
- 13 Best places to travel in Australia
- 14 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 15 Auckland Airport to Auckland City
- 16 Blue Mountains - Travel Report
- 17 16 Days on the South Island
- 18 Cook Islands for families
- 19 B&B in NZ
- 20 New Zealand 3 week itinerary
- 21 Suggestions needed for Australia itinerary
- 22 12 day Trip to NZ in Nov 2017
- 23 Bay of Islands Day tour?
- 24 Auckland hotels?
- 25 Vacation to New Zealand during deep Winter