I've read through many older posts and wanted to get your feedback on our proposed North Island itinerary. We will be traveling in late November and I've heeded the earlier advice from many to stick to one island given the short timeframe. We are in our early 40's and interested in scenery, visting small towns, wine, and just overall experiencing a new place. We will be driving once we leave Auckland.
One item worth noting- we have to fly through Sydney and I originally thought we should add a day or two there (I've never been, my husband has), but I don't think I have any time to spare in the agenda below...except maybe starting our trip a day earlier.
Monday- arrive Auckland in the afternoon; recover from insane flight
Fri- drop car in Wellington and fly back to Auckland
Sat- depart for home
Ok, what would you change?? It seems like we're missing a ton, but there's only so much we can see in 12 days as we don't want to feel rushed. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://www.healthexpertproduct.com/alpha-monster-advanced-reviews/
- 2 Beers in Oz
- 3 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 4 NZ visa denials
- 5 Trip to Cairns
- 6 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 7 Brisbane to Sydney
- 8 5 days in South Island
- 9 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 10 Vini SIM card?
- 11 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 12 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 13 New Zealand Itinerary
- 14 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 15 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 16 Help on Itinerary
- 17 Sydney Trip
- 18 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 19 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 20 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 21 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 22 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 23 Extra 2 nights = help
- 24 February Australia Visit
- 25 Best wildlife near sydney