I've read through many older posts and wanted to get your feedback on our proposed North Island itinerary. We will be traveling in late November and I've heeded the earlier advice from many to stick to one island given the short timeframe. We are in our early 40's and interested in scenery, visting small towns, wine, and just overall experiencing a new place. We will be driving once we leave Auckland.
One item worth noting- we have to fly through Sydney and I originally thought we should add a day or two there (I've never been, my husband has), but I don't think I have any time to spare in the agenda below...except maybe starting our trip a day earlier.
Monday- arrive Auckland in the afternoon; recover from insane flight
Fri- drop car in Wellington and fly back to Auckland
Sat- depart for home
Ok, what would you change?? It seems like we're missing a ton, but there's only so much we can see in 12 days as we don't want to feel rushed. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand-2 days in Rotorua with Toddler
- 2 Middlemarch to Queenstown transportation
- 3 Food to Try Out
- 4 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 5 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 6 What To do In Australia?? Suggest Some Holiday Destination.
- 7 30 Day Itinerary: Wellington & SI - Any suggestions?
- 8 New Zealand Dec-Jan 2017
- 9 Recommended guidebooks
- 10 South Island Road Trip
- 11 Surprises in Australia
- 12 Sydney Airport Transportation Suggestions
- 13 South Island winter time-lapse video
- 14 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 15 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 16 Air BnB, a bit of a let down
- 17 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 18 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 19 Fiji Resorts for 5 nights
- 20 What is the best time to visit Australia?
- 21 New Zealand with a toddler
- 22 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 23 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 24 Beautiful Spots in Australia per Conde Nast
- 25 Something new to look for in Kaikoura