I've read through many older posts and wanted to get your feedback on our proposed North Island itinerary. We will be traveling in late November and I've heeded the earlier advice from many to stick to one island given the short timeframe. We are in our early 40's and interested in scenery, visting small towns, wine, and just overall experiencing a new place. We will be driving once we leave Auckland.
One item worth noting- we have to fly through Sydney and I originally thought we should add a day or two there (I've never been, my husband has), but I don't think I have any time to spare in the agenda below...except maybe starting our trip a day earlier.
Monday- arrive Auckland in the afternoon; recover from insane flight
Fri- drop car in Wellington and fly back to Auckland
Sat- depart for home
Ok, what would you change?? It seems like we're missing a ton, but there's only so much we can see in 12 days as we don't want to feel rushed. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 One-day hike in Milford area
- 2 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 3 14 day South NZ Trip
- 4 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 5 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 6 Best national park around Sydney
- 7 1 night stay around GOR
- 8 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 9 7 days in New Zealand
- 10 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 11 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 12 NZ repeat visitors
- 13 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 14 South Island Suggestions
- 15 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 16 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 17 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 18 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 19 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 20 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 21 New Zealand Car Rental
- 22 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 23 What exactly is a NZ sound?
- 24 4 weeks in New Zealand
- 25 An interesting read re driving to Milford Sound