Need your comments on my itinerary. I’d like to take my 65-year-old mom to New Zealand. Just us two!
She’s healthy but doesn’t walk fast. Short and easy hikes in comfortable environment would suit her. And she prefers to spend the night in larger cities than quiet towns.
1) Too much driving? I prefer not to drive where possible.
2) Skip Waitomo/Rotorua and stay longer elsewhere?
3) Anything else?
Day 1: Auckland. (1-2 night)
Day 2: Drive to Waitomo vs Rotorua (1 night)
Day 3: Drive to Hobbiton and back to Auckland (1 night)
Day 4: 14:15h fly to Queenstown. Arrive 16:15h. (3 nights)
Day 5: Queenstown
Day 6: Guided tour to Milford Sound
Day 7: Queenstown
Day 8: Bus to Lake Tekapo. (2 nights)
Day 9: Drive to Mt Cook and back.
Day 10: Drive to Wanaka (1 night)
Day 11: Bus to Fox Glacier. (2 nights)
Day 12: 9:10h or 14:20h Fox Glacier’s Terminal Face Walk, Lake Matheson
Day 13: Bus to Greymouth. TranzAlpine to Christchurch. (2 nights)
Day 14: Christchurch
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Buy driver license, passport,
- 2 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 3 Western Australia (Denmark and New Norcia)
- 4 Itinerary questions on dream holiday
- 5 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 6 Real estate question
- 7 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 8 Food to Try Out
- 9 Whale Watching - Port Stephens NSW vs. Hervey Bay QLD
- 10 Queenstown-Mt Cook road
- 11 7 night NZ, south island for active couple
- 12 Wainui Falls
- 13 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 14 Sydney Neighborhood for Nightlight and Sightseeing
- 15 Come join me on Rapa Nui, or Easter Island...
- 16 More authentic experience of Maori culture
- 17 Day trips from Wellington
- 18 2-week NZ Itinerary Questions
- 19 Agrodome Farm Tour
- 20 Recommended length of time for mother to visit me in NZ?
- 21 Please help create an itinerary in NZ's SI
- 22 3 days on North Island, NZ
- 23 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 24 Kayak or cruise Milford Sound?
- 25 New Zealand with teenagers