Need your comments on my itinerary. I’d like to take my 65-year-old mom to New Zealand. Just us two!
She’s healthy but doesn’t walk fast. Short and easy hikes in comfortable environment would suit her. And she prefers to spend the night in larger cities than quiet towns.
1) Too much driving? I prefer not to drive where possible.
2) Skip Waitomo/Rotorua and stay longer elsewhere?
3) Anything else?
Day 1: Auckland. (1-2 night)
Day 2: Drive to Waitomo vs Rotorua (1 night)
Day 3: Drive to Hobbiton and back to Auckland (1 night)
Day 4: 14:15h fly to Queenstown. Arrive 16:15h. (3 nights)
Day 5: Queenstown
Day 6: Guided tour to Milford Sound
Day 7: Queenstown
Day 8: Bus to Lake Tekapo. (2 nights)
Day 9: Drive to Mt Cook and back.
Day 10: Drive to Wanaka (1 night)
Day 11: Bus to Fox Glacier. (2 nights)
Day 12: 9:10h or 14:20h Fox Glacier’s Terminal Face Walk, Lake Matheson
Day 13: Bus to Greymouth. TranzAlpine to Christchurch. (2 nights)
Day 14: Christchurch
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 5 days in South Island
- 2 North Island-New Zealand help?
- 3 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 4 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 5 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 6 Getting around South Island NZ without a Car?
- 7 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 8 west and north Tasmania
- 9 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 10 Trip to Cairns
- 11 Beers in Oz
- 12 NZ visa denials
- 13 Brisbane to Sydney
- 14 Vini SIM card?
- 15 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 16 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 17 New Zealand Itinerary
- 18 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 19 Help on Itinerary
- 20 Sydney Trip
- 21 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 22 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 23 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 24 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 25 Indian restaurants in Sydney.