Need your comments on my itinerary. I’d like to take my 65-year-old mom to New Zealand. Just us two!
She’s healthy but doesn’t walk fast. Short and easy hikes in comfortable environment would suit her. And she prefers to spend the night in larger cities than quiet towns.
1) Too much driving? I prefer not to drive where possible.
2) Skip Waitomo/Rotorua and stay longer elsewhere?
3) Anything else?
Day 1: Auckland. (1-2 night)
Day 2: Drive to Waitomo vs Rotorua (1 night)
Day 3: Drive to Hobbiton and back to Auckland (1 night)
Day 4: 14:15h fly to Queenstown. Arrive 16:15h. (3 nights)
Day 5: Queenstown
Day 6: Guided tour to Milford Sound
Day 7: Queenstown
Day 8: Bus to Lake Tekapo. (2 nights)
Day 9: Drive to Mt Cook and back.
Day 10: Drive to Wanaka (1 night)
Day 11: Bus to Fox Glacier. (2 nights)
Day 12: 9:10h or 14:20h Fox Glacier’s Terminal Face Walk, Lake Matheson
Day 13: Bus to Greymouth. TranzAlpine to Christchurch. (2 nights)
Day 14: Christchurch
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 2 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 3 Six Weeks Down Under
- 4 Picton Drive Through
- 5 Parking near Darling Harbour
- 6 North and South Island of NZ
- 7 The southern lights
- 8 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 9 Mel's NZ Photos
- 10 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 11 August Honeymoon Help?
- 12 How to split up Australia?
- 13 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 14 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 15 Brisbane to Sydney
- 16 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 17 East Coast Australia
- 18 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 19 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 20 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 21 Marlborough Sounds
- 22 Blue mountain in July
- 23 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 24 Tonga January Weather
- 25 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015