Need your comments on my itinerary. I’d like to take my 65-year-old mom to New Zealand. Just us two!
She’s healthy but doesn’t walk fast. Short and easy hikes in comfortable environment would suit her. And she prefers to spend the night in larger cities than quiet towns.
1) Too much driving? I prefer not to drive where possible.
2) Skip Waitomo/Rotorua and stay longer elsewhere?
3) Anything else?
Day 1: Auckland. (1-2 night)
Day 2: Drive to Waitomo vs Rotorua (1 night)
Day 3: Drive to Hobbiton and back to Auckland (1 night)
Day 4: 14:15h fly to Queenstown. Arrive 16:15h. (3 nights)
Day 5: Queenstown
Day 6: Guided tour to Milford Sound
Day 7: Queenstown
Day 8: Bus to Lake Tekapo. (2 nights)
Day 9: Drive to Mt Cook and back.
Day 10: Drive to Wanaka (1 night)
Day 11: Bus to Fox Glacier. (2 nights)
Day 12: 9:10h or 14:20h Fox Glacier’s Terminal Face Walk, Lake Matheson
Day 13: Bus to Greymouth. TranzAlpine to Christchurch. (2 nights)
Day 14: Christchurch
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 CANON@ printer ErrOrs CONTACT ☎ 1:888:279:0246 Tec*h HelP 24*7
- 2 Help me understand how going through customs works!
- 3 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 4 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 5 New Zealand rough itinerary (wheelchair accessible)
- 6 Surprises in Australia
- 7 Would love your feedback on possible N.Z. itinerary
- 8 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 9 2 days in Auckland
- 10 GBR - help me plan a perfect trip!
- 11 "Aerial New Zealand"
- 12 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 13 South Australia in 2 weeks
- 14 5 nights in Sydney
- 15 New Zealand Itinerary Questions
- 16 Best places to travel in Australia
- 17 Auckland Airport to Auckland City
- 18 Blue Mountains - Travel Report
- 19 16 Days on the South Island
- 20 Cook Islands for families
- 21 B&B in NZ
- 22 New Zealand 3 week itinerary
- 23 Suggestions needed for Australia itinerary
- 24 12 day Trip to NZ in Nov 2017
- 25 Bay of Islands Day tour?