My husband and I are traveling to Australia for the first time. We'll be there May 14 - 26, so a full 12 days on the ground. We are the kind that like to settle in and get to know a place before moving on, so with that in mind, here's the itinerary so far:
6 days in Sydney (including a day trip to the Blue Mountains)
4 days in Melbourne
2 days: back to Sydney
I figured two destinations were good over 12 days. I am looking forward to seeing beautiful Sydney, enjoying great food, seeing an art gallery or two, shopping, etc.
I am 42, and Hubby is 55. Hubby is an athletic guy, and has been active most of his life, so I'm wondering whether this itinerary might bore him. (As much as he enjoys travel, he hates the planning part of it, so it is useless to ask him anything.)
My basic question: does my trip need sprucing up? Should I cut out Melbourne and head north to see the Barrier Reef to incorporate some nature? Or maybe head west and see Alice Springs? Aside from Sydney, what is a great place to see in May?
Thank you, your help will be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 CFP: how much to bring, ATMs?
- 2 Driving direction on the Great Ocean Road
- 3 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 4 Six Weeks Down Under
- 5 First Time - Assistance with NZ- South
- 6 Flood Emergency Services
- 7 7 days in New Zealand
- 8 Hamilton Island
- 9 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 10 Mt Buller for 1 night in July
- 11 16 Days on the South Island
- 12 Need help in Auckland
- 13 Restaurant recommendations for Tahiti
- 14 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 15 Itinerary for full day bus trip outside of Auckland
- 16 Uber in Sydney
- 17 Sydney Airport for International Flight
- 18 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 19 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 20 Darwin Accomodations
- 21 Airport Fees for Europcar Rental Cars
- 22 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 23 Lodging Reservations in NSW
- 24 New Zealand 3-week itinerary over Christmas
- 25 The Red Center?