My husband and I are traveling to Australia for the first time. We'll be there May 14 - 26, so a full 12 days on the ground. We are the kind that like to settle in and get to know a place before moving on, so with that in mind, here's the itinerary so far:
6 days in Sydney (including a day trip to the Blue Mountains)
4 days in Melbourne
2 days: back to Sydney
I figured two destinations were good over 12 days. I am looking forward to seeing beautiful Sydney, enjoying great food, seeing an art gallery or two, shopping, etc.
I am 42, and Hubby is 55. Hubby is an athletic guy, and has been active most of his life, so I'm wondering whether this itinerary might bore him. (As much as he enjoys travel, he hates the planning part of it, so it is useless to ask him anything.)
My basic question: does my trip need sprucing up? Should I cut out Melbourne and head north to see the Barrier Reef to incorporate some nature? Or maybe head west and see Alice Springs? Aside from Sydney, what is a great place to see in May?
Thank you, your help will be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 2 Help on Itinerary
- 3 New Zealand Itinerary
- 4 Sydney Trip
- 5 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 6 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 7 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 8 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 9 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 10 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 11 Extra 2 nights = help
- 12 February Australia Visit
- 13 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 14 Best wildlife near sydney
- 15 Where to go in Australia
- 16 Bruny Island
- 17 Western Australia
- 18 South Island - West Coast Itinerary
- 19 Vava'u - Tongan Beach Resort - Photoshopped pictures on their website
- 20 New Zealand South Island Alternative Itinerary
- 21 New Zealand travel agents/itinerary
- 22 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 23 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 24 10 days in Sydney and surrounding areas
- 25 Telephone Reception