My husband and I are traveling to Australia for the first time. We'll be there May 14 - 26, so a full 12 days on the ground. We are the kind that like to settle in and get to know a place before moving on, so with that in mind, here's the itinerary so far:
6 days in Sydney (including a day trip to the Blue Mountains)
4 days in Melbourne
2 days: back to Sydney
I figured two destinations were good over 12 days. I am looking forward to seeing beautiful Sydney, enjoying great food, seeing an art gallery or two, shopping, etc.
I am 42, and Hubby is 55. Hubby is an athletic guy, and has been active most of his life, so I'm wondering whether this itinerary might bore him. (As much as he enjoys travel, he hates the planning part of it, so it is useless to ask him anything.)
My basic question: does my trip need sprucing up? Should I cut out Melbourne and head north to see the Barrier Reef to incorporate some nature? Or maybe head west and see Alice Springs? Aside from Sydney, what is a great place to see in May?
Thank you, your help will be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Add Mt Cook or not.
- 2 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 3 Western Australia (Denmark and New Norcia)
- 4 Itinerary questions on dream holiday
- 5 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 6 Real estate question
- 7 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 8 Food to Try Out
- 9 Whale Watching - Port Stephens NSW vs. Hervey Bay QLD
- 10 Queenstown-Mt Cook road
- 11 7 night NZ, south island for active couple
- 12 Wainui Falls
- 13 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 14 Sydney Neighborhood for Nightlight and Sightseeing
- 15 Come join me on Rapa Nui, or Easter Island...
- 16 More authentic experience of Maori culture
- 17 Day trips from Wellington
- 18 2-week NZ Itinerary Questions
- 19 Agrodome Farm Tour
- 20 Recommended length of time for mother to visit me in NZ?
- 21 Please help create an itinerary in NZ's SI
- 22 3 days on North Island, NZ
- 23 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 24 Kayak or cruise Milford Sound?
- 25 New Zealand with teenagers