My husband and I are traveling to Australia for the first time. We'll be there May 14 - 26, so a full 12 days on the ground. We are the kind that like to settle in and get to know a place before moving on, so with that in mind, here's the itinerary so far:
6 days in Sydney (including a day trip to the Blue Mountains)
4 days in Melbourne
2 days: back to Sydney
I figured two destinations were good over 12 days. I am looking forward to seeing beautiful Sydney, enjoying great food, seeing an art gallery or two, shopping, etc.
I am 42, and Hubby is 55. Hubby is an athletic guy, and has been active most of his life, so I'm wondering whether this itinerary might bore him. (As much as he enjoys travel, he hates the planning part of it, so it is useless to ask him anything.)
My basic question: does my trip need sprucing up? Should I cut out Melbourne and head north to see the Barrier Reef to incorporate some nature? Or maybe head west and see Alice Springs? Aside from Sydney, what is a great place to see in May?
Thank you, your help will be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Six Weeks Down Under
- 2 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 3 The southern lights
- 4 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 5 Picton Drive Through
- 6 Mel's NZ Photos
- 7 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 8 August Honeymoon Help?
- 9 How to split up Australia?
- 10 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 11 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 12 Brisbane to Sydney
- 13 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 14 East Coast Australia
- 15 North and South Island of NZ
- 16 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 17 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 18 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 19 Marlborough Sounds
- 20 Blue mountain in July
- 21 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 22 Tonga January Weather
- 23 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 24 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand
- 25 Scenary around Winton QLD