My husband and I are traveling to Australia for the first time. We'll be there May 14 - 26, so a full 12 days on the ground. We are the kind that like to settle in and get to know a place before moving on, so with that in mind, here's the itinerary so far:
6 days in Sydney (including a day trip to the Blue Mountains)
4 days in Melbourne
2 days: back to Sydney
I figured two destinations were good over 12 days. I am looking forward to seeing beautiful Sydney, enjoying great food, seeing an art gallery or two, shopping, etc.
I am 42, and Hubby is 55. Hubby is an athletic guy, and has been active most of his life, so I'm wondering whether this itinerary might bore him. (As much as he enjoys travel, he hates the planning part of it, so it is useless to ask him anything.)
My basic question: does my trip need sprucing up? Should I cut out Melbourne and head north to see the Barrier Reef to incorporate some nature? Or maybe head west and see Alice Springs? Aside from Sydney, what is a great place to see in May?
Thank you, your help will be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Free Camping
- 2 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 3 Kaikoura roads update
- 4 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 5 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 6 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 7 Clever, mischievous keas
- 8 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 9 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 10 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 11 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 12 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 13 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 14 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 15 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 16 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 17 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 18 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 19 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 20 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 21 Translation of documents
- 22 SH1 to Kaikoura update
- 23 10 days NZ-crusie or land??
- 24 Cooking classes near Melbourne
- 25 Sunshine coast or gold coast in February