My husband and I are traveling to Australia for the first time. We'll be there May 14 - 26, so a full 12 days on the ground. We are the kind that like to settle in and get to know a place before moving on, so with that in mind, here's the itinerary so far:
6 days in Sydney (including a day trip to the Blue Mountains)
4 days in Melbourne
2 days: back to Sydney
I figured two destinations were good over 12 days. I am looking forward to seeing beautiful Sydney, enjoying great food, seeing an art gallery or two, shopping, etc.
I am 42, and Hubby is 55. Hubby is an athletic guy, and has been active most of his life, so I'm wondering whether this itinerary might bore him. (As much as he enjoys travel, he hates the planning part of it, so it is useless to ask him anything.)
My basic question: does my trip need sprucing up? Should I cut out Melbourne and head north to see the Barrier Reef to incorporate some nature? Or maybe head west and see Alice Springs? Aside from Sydney, what is a great place to see in May?
Thank you, your help will be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 2 One-day hike in Milford area
- 3 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 4 14 day South NZ Trip
- 5 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 6 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 7 Best national park around Sydney
- 8 1 night stay around GOR
- 9 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 10 7 days in New Zealand
- 11 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 12 NZ repeat visitors
- 13 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 14 South Island Suggestions
- 15 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 16 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 17 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 18 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 19 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 20 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 21 New Zealand Car Rental
- 22 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 23 What exactly is a NZ sound?
- 24 4 weeks in New Zealand
- 25 An interesting read re driving to Milford Sound