I'm planning my first trip to Australia and am starting to feel slightly overwhelmed. I'm hoping that your wisdom will help me.
I'll be flying from SFO to SYD. The trip dates, right now, are May 12 through May 22. I've also looked at May 28 through June 7.
Where your input is requested:
1. Would you secure your hotel and flight separately or book them as a package? I do realize that cost is a factor, but I'm curious to find if you've done either option and your satisfaction with said choice.
2. Based on my research, it seems that staying in the Sydney CBD area is the better option (at least for me). I'll be traveling solo. Am I wrong in this assumption?
Thank you in advance for providing your input.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 2 Sydney and New Zealand honeymoon
- 3 Six Weeks Down Under
- 4 Drive from Melbourne to Sydney
- 5 Kaikoura-Picton coast road
- 6 Picton Drive Through
- 7 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 8 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 9 Parking near Darling Harbour
- 10 North and South Island of NZ
- 11 The southern lights
- 12 Mel's NZ Photos
- 13 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 14 August Honeymoon Help?
- 15 How to split up Australia?
- 16 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 17 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 18 Brisbane to Sydney
- 19 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 20 East Coast Australia
- 21 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 22 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 23 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 24 Marlborough Sounds
- 25 Blue mountain in July