I'm planning my first trip to Australia and am starting to feel slightly overwhelmed. I'm hoping that your wisdom will help me.
I'll be flying from SFO to SYD. The trip dates, right now, are May 12 through May 22. I've also looked at May 28 through June 7.
Where your input is requested:
1. Would you secure your hotel and flight separately or book them as a package? I do realize that cost is a factor, but I'm curious to find if you've done either option and your satisfaction with said choice.
2. Based on my research, it seems that staying in the Sydney CBD area is the better option (at least for me). I'll be traveling solo. Am I wrong in this assumption?
Thank you in advance for providing your input.
Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 If yes then one of the popular garcinia
- 2 First trip to the North Island in many years, not sure where to start
- 3 Perth, Australia sets new world record for Krispy Kreme sales
- 4 Wellington accommodation
- 5 Great food/local favorites
- 6 This special community - Fodorville
- 7 Franz Josef hostels/cabins
- 8 Ideas for holidays in Australia in January/February
- 9 South Island - 8 days in February
- 10 Australian Aborigines
- 11 Great food/local favorites
- 12 New Zealand (South Island) 10 Day Itinerary - Need Advice Please
- 13 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 14 Sydney
- 15 Incredible hotel
- 16 Good places to stay for 2015 AFC Asian Cup
- 17 Sydney - Melbourne 2 night / 3 day Road Trip
- 18 australia new zealand trip advice
- 19 New Zealand trip -itinerary help please
- 20 Milford Sound Cruise
- 21 14 day South Island Self drive
- 22 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 23 Cruise New Zealand
- 24 Help with Australia/ New Zealand plan!
- 25 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January