I'm planning my first trip to Australia and am starting to feel slightly overwhelmed. I'm hoping that your wisdom will help me.
I'll be flying from SFO to SYD. The trip dates, right now, are May 12 through May 22. I've also looked at May 28 through June 7.
Where your input is requested:
1. Would you secure your hotel and flight separately or book them as a package? I do realize that cost is a factor, but I'm curious to find if you've done either option and your satisfaction with said choice.
2. Based on my research, it seems that staying in the Sydney CBD area is the better option (at least for me). I'll be traveling solo. Am I wrong in this assumption?
Thank you in advance for providing your input.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Flights from Ottawa to Sydney to Auckland
- 2 South Island Trip Planning: Akaroa Tour or Tranzalpine?
- 3 North island New Zealand-help
- 4 Rarotonga
- 5 Australia New Zealand - help with itinerary
- 6 New Zealand SI book ahead??
- 7 South Island trip in Oct.
- 8 transfer services between Sydney Airport and hotels
- 9 What Do you Think of My Itin
- 10 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 11 Great Barrier Reef in January/February??
- 12 7 full days itinerary in Melbourne
- 13 Cairns or Melbourne? Trip Feedback
- 14 Overnight Great Ocean Road
- 15 New Zealand Honeymoon Itinerary
- 16 A week in Fiji
- 17 3 weeks New Zealand - Apr 2017
- 18 15 days Australia road trip off Sydney
- 19 help on NZ trip itinerary, what to keep what to skip
- 20 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 21 Choose a destiation - Oceania Island(s) for 10 day trip
- 22 New Zealand Christchurch area 3 days
- 23 Day trip to see baby seals!!!
- 24 some questions about upcoming trip to Australia and New Zealand
- 25 6 Days South Island Help