I'm planning my first trip to Australia and am starting to feel slightly overwhelmed. I'm hoping that your wisdom will help me.
I'll be flying from SFO to SYD. The trip dates, right now, are May 12 through May 22. I've also looked at May 28 through June 7.
Where your input is requested:
1. Would you secure your hotel and flight separately or book them as a package? I do realize that cost is a factor, but I'm curious to find if you've done either option and your satisfaction with said choice.
2. Based on my research, it seems that staying in the Sydney CBD area is the better option (at least for me). I'll be traveling solo. Am I wrong in this assumption?
Thank you in advance for providing your input.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealnd 17 days--North to Top of the South Itinerary
- 2 Gluten free Australia
- 3 In & Around Melbourne & Sydney
- 4 Between a rock and a hard spot
- 5 Uluru
- 6 bushwalking in the Blue Mountains
- 7 Where to stay overnight between Abel Tasman NP and Fox Glacier?
- 8 Cairns & Port Douglas
- 9 One week stay using Brisbane as starting base
- 10 Melbourne, GOR & Grampians
- 11 Brisbane to Sydney in 4-5 days! Itinerary help!
- 12 16 days in Australia
- 13 Sydney to Coffs Harbour in Jan with kids, 9 and 11
- 14 from Te Anau, NZ: fly to AKL from Invercargill or Queenstown?
- 15 25day planning for Australia
- 16 Going to Uluru - Is it worth it?
- 17 Help New Zealand
- 18 Snow ideas near Melbourne and Sydney
- 19 8 day trip to New Zealand
- 20 Hervey Bay Whales & Apartment
- 21 Private Tour Guides Australian Coast
- 22 Great Ocean Road
- 23 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 24 New Zealand travel agents/itinerary
- 25 new zealand 18days