I'm planning my first trip to Australia and am starting to feel slightly overwhelmed. I'm hoping that your wisdom will help me.
I'll be flying from SFO to SYD. The trip dates, right now, are May 12 through May 22. I've also looked at May 28 through June 7.
Where your input is requested:
1. Would you secure your hotel and flight separately or book them as a package? I do realize that cost is a factor, but I'm curious to find if you've done either option and your satisfaction with said choice.
2. Based on my research, it seems that staying in the Sydney CBD area is the better option (at least for me). I'll be traveling solo. Am I wrong in this assumption?
Thank you in advance for providing your input.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Blue mountain or Pacific Ocean drive
- 2 Hotel Sydney
- 3 14 day South NZ Trip
- 4 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 5 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 6 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 7 Tour Companies Australia and New Zealand
- 8 4 hour transit in Sydney
- 9 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 10 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 11 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 12 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 13 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 14 One-day hike in Milford area
- 15 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 16 Best national park around Sydney
- 17 1 night stay around GOR
- 18 7 days in New Zealand
- 19 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 20 NZ repeat visitors
- 21 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 22 South Island Suggestions
- 23 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 24 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 25 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January