My most recent trip, end of December/early January, was to New Zealand (Auckland -> Blenheim -> Kaikoura -> Christchurch -> Arthurs Pass -> Franz Josef -> Queenstown), Tonga, Samoa, American Samoa and the Cook Islands (only Rarotonga as a three-day stopover on return from Auckland to LAX). While I spent a lot of time snorkeling and hiking in the islands, I don't have an underwater camera and I didn't take any photos during my hikes, so these photos focus primarily on urban sites, including the capitals of the four island "countries" (in quotes, since American Samoa and the Cook Islands are not independent nations).
I have been to many countries, and NZ is perhaps the most tourist friendly place I have visited. We rented a car to travel the south island, and the roads are uniformly excellent, well signed and lightly trafficked.
I would be happy to answer any questions.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Apply For Drivers License, Passport, Id Card
- 2 Drive from Nelson or Christchurch to Queenstown during winter
- 3 Tasmania
- 4 Seeking StopOver Ideas for US to Australia Trip
- 5 Sydney - City Sights Travel Report
- 6 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 7 13 Days North & South Island in October (NZ Spring)
- 8 2016 Rugby internationals - anyone watching?
- 9 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 10 NZ expects 4.5 million tourists per year by 2022
- 11 Help for 6 days based in Queenstown
- 12 Accommodations Brisbane
- 13 Skiing in Australia in July?
- 14 Australia 2017 - Oz Winter or Spring Honeymoon?
- 15 Cairns to Sydney early 2017
- 16 Repositioning cruise
- 17 18 days nz.
- 18 South Island over December-January Holidays
- 19 Australia/New Zealand 3 weeks
- 20 New Zealand - South Island 8 days
- 21 New Zealand ~3 weeks, nature oriented tour?
- 22 Help finding affordable aprking
- 23 NZ Air Sky Couch Seats
- 24 9 days itinerary from Aukland to Queentown
- 25 Melbourne--in the summer is air conditioning a must ?
Photos -- New Zealand (Auckland and South Island), Tonga, Samoa, American Samoa and Rarotonga