My most recent trip, end of December/early January, was to New Zealand (Auckland -> Blenheim -> Kaikoura -> Christchurch -> Arthurs Pass -> Franz Josef -> Queenstown), Tonga, Samoa, American Samoa and the Cook Islands (only Rarotonga as a three-day stopover on return from Auckland to LAX). While I spent a lot of time snorkeling and hiking in the islands, I don't have an underwater camera and I didn't take any photos during my hikes, so these photos focus primarily on urban sites, including the capitals of the four island "countries" (in quotes, since American Samoa and the Cook Islands are not independent nations).
I have been to many countries, and NZ is perhaps the most tourist friendly place I have visited. We rented a car to travel the south island, and the roads are uniformly excellent, well signed and lightly trafficked.
I would be happy to answer any questions.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Australia for two weeks.
- 2 What To do In Australia?? Suggest Some Holiday Destination.
- 3 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 4 New Zealand-2 days in Rotorua with Toddler
- 5 Middlemarch to Queenstown transportation
- 6 Food to Try Out
- 7 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 8 30 Day Itinerary: Wellington & SI - Any suggestions?
- 9 New Zealand Dec-Jan 2017
- 10 Recommended guidebooks
- 11 South Island Road Trip
- 12 Surprises in Australia
- 13 Sydney Airport Transportation Suggestions
- 14 South Island winter time-lapse video
- 15 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 16 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 17 Air BnB, a bit of a let down
- 18 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 19 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 20 Fiji Resorts for 5 nights
- 21 What is the best time to visit Australia?
- 22 New Zealand with a toddler
- 23 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 24 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 25 Beautiful Spots in Australia per Conde Nast
Photos -- New Zealand (Auckland and South Island), Tonga, Samoa, American Samoa and Rarotonga