My most recent trip, end of December/early January, was to New Zealand (Auckland -> Blenheim -> Kaikoura -> Christchurch -> Arthurs Pass -> Franz Josef -> Queenstown), Tonga, Samoa, American Samoa and the Cook Islands (only Rarotonga as a three-day stopover on return from Auckland to LAX). While I spent a lot of time snorkeling and hiking in the islands, I don't have an underwater camera and I didn't take any photos during my hikes, so these photos focus primarily on urban sites, including the capitals of the four island "countries" (in quotes, since American Samoa and the Cook Islands are not independent nations).
I have been to many countries, and NZ is perhaps the most tourist friendly place I have visited. We rented a car to travel the south island, and the roads are uniformly excellent, well signed and lightly trafficked.
I would be happy to answer any questions.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand and/or Australia - Nature sites, day bus tours?
- 2 3 1/2 weeks in New Zealand
- 3 Choosing Tasmania or Perth/ Margaret River
- 4 6 Days South Island Help
- 5 Help us extend our Dec. Heron Island Tip
- 6 2 days in Auckland. what to do
- 7 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 8 Zipping through New Zealand with a Fiji Finish
- 9 Visiting New Zealand/Australia in April
- 10 Connection Time at Sydney Airport
- 11 Choose a destiation - Oceania Island(s) for 10 day trip
- 12 Cairns/Port Douglas from Sydney
- 13 Snorkeling in Whitsundays
- 14 New Zealand Itinerary
- 15 Dining
- 16 Where to tay in Apt in Melbourne
- 17 Car Hire Insurance Excess in Melbourne
- 18 Flights from Ottawa to Sydney to Auckland
- 19 Kia Ora Sauvage and/or Tikehau Pearl Beach Resort
- 20 Finalizing OZ Itinerary
- 21 quick 5 day trip to New Zealand, North Island. Sugestions for our trip?
- 22 Cairns to brisbane
- 23 9 Days Queenstown/Moun Cook - help with itinerary
- 24 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 25 A major dilemma
Photos -- New Zealand (Auckland and South Island), Tonga, Samoa, American Samoa and Rarotonga