My most recent trip, end of December/early January, was to New Zealand (Auckland -> Blenheim -> Kaikoura -> Christchurch -> Arthurs Pass -> Franz Josef -> Queenstown), Tonga, Samoa, American Samoa and the Cook Islands (only Rarotonga as a three-day stopover on return from Auckland to LAX). While I spent a lot of time snorkeling and hiking in the islands, I don't have an underwater camera and I didn't take any photos during my hikes, so these photos focus primarily on urban sites, including the capitals of the four island "countries" (in quotes, since American Samoa and the Cook Islands are not independent nations).
I have been to many countries, and NZ is perhaps the most tourist friendly place I have visited. We rented a car to travel the south island, and the roads are uniformly excellent, well signed and lightly trafficked.
I would be happy to answer any questions.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Six Weeks Down Under
- 2 Mel's NZ Photos
- 3 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 4 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 5 Picton Drive Through
- 6 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 7 August Honeymoon Help?
- 8 How to split up Australia?
- 9 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 10 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 11 Brisbane to Sydney
- 12 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 13 East Coast Australia
- 14 North and South Island of NZ
- 15 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 16 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 17 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 18 Marlborough Sounds
- 19 Blue mountain in July
- 20 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 21 Tonga January Weather
- 22 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 23 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand
- 24 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 25 Alesund - Geiranger
Photos -- New Zealand (Auckland and South Island), Tonga, Samoa, American Samoa and Rarotonga