My most recent trip, end of December/early January, was to New Zealand (Auckland -> Blenheim -> Kaikoura -> Christchurch -> Arthurs Pass -> Franz Josef -> Queenstown), Tonga, Samoa, American Samoa and the Cook Islands (only Rarotonga as a three-day stopover on return from Auckland to LAX). While I spent a lot of time snorkeling and hiking in the islands, I don't have an underwater camera and I didn't take any photos during my hikes, so these photos focus primarily on urban sites, including the capitals of the four island "countries" (in quotes, since American Samoa and the Cook Islands are not independent nations).
I have been to many countries, and NZ is perhaps the most tourist friendly place I have visited. We rented a car to travel the south island, and the roads are uniformly excellent, well signed and lightly trafficked.
I would be happy to answer any questions.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://thedropnet.com/testoboost-pro/
- 2 January-March When to visit NZ
- 3 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 4 Hikes in New Zealand
- 5 New Zealand Itinerary Help
- 6 Australia/New Zealand 3 weeks
- 7 Tiger Air and Baggage Fees
- 8 Nervous American driving in AU
- 9 Domestic flights in Australia? when?
- 10 9.5 days in New Zealand
- 11 Milford Sound day trip sounds like too long a day!
- 12 New Zeaaland
- 13 Scuba trip Great Barrier Reef
- 14 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 15 HELP! New Zealand 2weeks July with baby (and pregnant)
- 16 New Zealand on our own?
- 17 2nd year visa extentiom
- 18 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 19 Sydney places to stay
- 20 Sydney in March
- 21 Help, 24 hours in Tassie to fill!!
- 22 Australia/New Zealand in 2 weeks
- 23 Help with itinerary! 2 wks in Aus
- 24 Box Jellies on the GBR
- 25 2 wks in Aus - need help with itinerary
Photos -- New Zealand (Auckland and South Island), Tonga, Samoa, American Samoa and Rarotonga