My fiance and I are very interested in honeymooning somewhere in the pacific islands this coming fall. We love the overwater bungalows (although we probably wouldn't stay there the entire time to save some money) and this is a must. We haven't set a firm budget yet, as we are still trying to figure out what the average price is for what we want. We have looked a little into the French Polynesian islands but are unsure where we should go. We want the best value of amazing experience (including food, views, accomodations, and available activities) versus the cost. I have heard Bora Bora has really ramped up the tourism lately and is quite a bit more expensive than other islands, is this true? is it worth the cost difference?
We are also open to other islands that offer a similar experience if the price will be much lower. Although we are trying to save money after just paying for a wedding, we still want this to be a luxurious and relaxing trip as it will be our only honeymoon.
If anyone has any suggestions for locations that would be great. We are thinking around 10 days not including travel (from and to western Canada) at the very beginning of October.
Pacific Honeymoon Oct 2014
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Review our NZ Itinerary please
- 2 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 3 Itinerary Help
- 4 I've been, I've been to the Land Down Under...
- 5 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 6 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 7 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 8 Packing List
- 9 Abel - Kayak and Walk / Timing Questions
- 10 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 11 Sydney and Auckland
- 12 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 13 Internet access
- 14 Night Out Byron Bay
- 15 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 16 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 17 10 days itinerary
- 18 Fremantle my love..
- 19 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 20 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 21 Books?
- 22 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 23 Choosing a Visa
- 24 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 25 One spare day in Darwin