My fiance and I are very interested in honeymooning somewhere in the pacific islands this coming fall. We love the overwater bungalows (although we probably wouldn't stay there the entire time to save some money) and this is a must. We haven't set a firm budget yet, as we are still trying to figure out what the average price is for what we want. We have looked a little into the French Polynesian islands but are unsure where we should go. We want the best value of amazing experience (including food, views, accomodations, and available activities) versus the cost. I have heard Bora Bora has really ramped up the tourism lately and is quite a bit more expensive than other islands, is this true? is it worth the cost difference?
We are also open to other islands that offer a similar experience if the price will be much lower. Although we are trying to save money after just paying for a wedding, we still want this to be a luxurious and relaxing trip as it will be our only honeymoon.
If anyone has any suggestions for locations that would be great. We are thinking around 10 days not including travel (from and to western Canada) at the very beginning of October.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Help with Australia Itinerary
- 2 North Island itinerary - does this work?
- 3 Present Host Parents
- 4 Tongariro NP hikes - advise please!
- 5 Six Days in New Zealand South Island
- 6 Broad Intin for Australia
- 7 New Zealand itinerary advice please
- 8 Fraser Island or Coffs harbour
- 9 Australia help
- 10 New Zealand itinerary advice please
- 11 13 Days North & South Island in October (NZ Spring)
- 12 Which company is better? if we would like to buy a SIM card
- 13 Milford Track vs Jomalhari trek in Bhutan
- 14 Ferry between islands
- 15 A Short Stay in Adelaide City
- 16 28 days to campervan around australia
- 17 9.5 days in New Zealand
- 18 hotel options in Melbourne
- 19 Where can I rent a pocket wifi in NZ?
- 20 South Island Final Itinerary (mostly)
- 21 Port Douglas - Car Hire or not?
- 22 Southern Highlands vs Hunter Valley
- 23 3 days itinerary for Melbourne- Suggestions required
- 24 Sydney - City Sights Travel Report
- 25 NZ in December with 2 kids 9 and 7