My fiance and I are very interested in honeymooning somewhere in the pacific islands this coming fall. We love the overwater bungalows (although we probably wouldn't stay there the entire time to save some money) and this is a must. We haven't set a firm budget yet, as we are still trying to figure out what the average price is for what we want. We have looked a little into the French Polynesian islands but are unsure where we should go. We want the best value of amazing experience (including food, views, accomodations, and available activities) versus the cost. I have heard Bora Bora has really ramped up the tourism lately and is quite a bit more expensive than other islands, is this true? is it worth the cost difference?
We are also open to other islands that offer a similar experience if the price will be much lower. Although we are trying to save money after just paying for a wedding, we still want this to be a luxurious and relaxing trip as it will be our only honeymoon.
If anyone has any suggestions for locations that would be great. We are thinking around 10 days not including travel (from and to western Canada) at the very beginning of October.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Travel passes within Australia
- 2 Help with New Zealand Itinerary
- 3 Sydney-Things to Do
- 4 Milford Sound Cruises
- 5 Palm Cove in Feburary
- 6 3 weeks in Aus in March
- 7 drive or fly?
- 8 NZ Honeymoon in February -14 days
- 9 first time to Australia and new Zealand
- 10 New Zealand tenative 18 day itinerary
- 11 I've been given my assignment: Fiji and...?
- 12 Nelson, New Zealand
- 13 Melbourne City Holiday Apartment
- 14 10-12 days in Tasmania
- 15 Is Jetstar really that bad?
- 16 French Polynesia - Cruise or Land?
- 17 Sydney Public Transport Opal Card?
- 18 3 days in Gold cost , where to stay
- 19 I Need Help Deciding Which Way To Go Around Australia
- 20 30 Day Australia Itinerary Feedback
- 21 Nevis Bungy & Swing
- 22 Sydney & Palm Cove in November
- 23 Tahiti or Raiatea?
- 24 NZ 10 day honeymoon, driving NI and SI
- 25 Boat charter Raitea