My fiance and I are very interested in honeymooning somewhere in the pacific islands this coming fall. We love the overwater bungalows (although we probably wouldn't stay there the entire time to save some money) and this is a must. We haven't set a firm budget yet, as we are still trying to figure out what the average price is for what we want. We have looked a little into the French Polynesian islands but are unsure where we should go. We want the best value of amazing experience (including food, views, accomodations, and available activities) versus the cost. I have heard Bora Bora has really ramped up the tourism lately and is quite a bit more expensive than other islands, is this true? is it worth the cost difference?
We are also open to other islands that offer a similar experience if the price will be much lower. Although we are trying to save money after just paying for a wedding, we still want this to be a luxurious and relaxing trip as it will be our only honeymoon.
If anyone has any suggestions for locations that would be great. We are thinking around 10 days not including travel (from and to western Canada) at the very beginning of October.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Bay of Islands vs Marlborough Sound
- 2 NZ S Island itinerary help please!
- 3 Question on Driving from Sydney to Blue Mts
- 4 Tasmania Itinerary
- 5 Stopover Toronto- Perth
- 6 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 7 Scuba trip Great Barrier Reef
- 8 January-March When to visit NZ
- 9 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 10 Hikes in New Zealand
- 11 New Zealand Itinerary Help
- 12 Australia/New Zealand 3 weeks
- 13 Tiger Air and Baggage Fees
- 14 Nervous American driving in AU
- 15 Domestic flights in Australia? when?
- 16 9.5 days in New Zealand
- 17 Milford Sound day trip sounds like too long a day!
- 18 New Zeaaland
- 19 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 20 HELP! New Zealand 2weeks July with baby (and pregnant)
- 21 New Zealand on our own?
- 22 2nd year visa extentiom
- 23 Sydney places to stay
- 24 Sydney in March
- 25 Help, 24 hours in Tassie to fill!!