I'm planning a grand Hong Kong/Melbourne/Sydney trip in July 2014 to attend a conference. In hoping to book with a One World Explorer Award, I could get another leg in at no cost to either:
Bali (although may not be able to get from there to Australia on AA partner)
Kuala Lampur (though would come at extra expense for my having to purchase MEL/SYD ticket)
The hitch is I could probably only do an overnight in one of these places. Is it worth trying to make it work (and if so which one) or should I just scrap that idea and go straight SFO/HKG/MEL?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 NZ- Nov or Dec?
- 2 Scenic Overload on NZ's South Island: November 2015
- 3 Solo (mostly) coach trip - 45 days itinerary planning
- 4 Itinerary set! Any Fodorites up for meeting up in Australia?
- 5 Proposed itinerary- comments please!
- 6 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 3
- 7 Prelim itinerary- 12 nights on the North Island
- 8 Help rounding out AU & NZ itinerary
- 9 Planning 20 days in Autralia
- 10 Arriving in Queenstown - When to Visit Milford Sound?
- 11 Rental Car Return and Melbourne
- 12 May/June Wedding on Rarotonga
- 13 Foreign Exchange Programs
- 14 Cairns or Port Douglas
- 15 Tonga is a off the beaten track, but a beautiful destination: See my pics!
- 16 Where to Sky Dive and Bungee in NZ
- 17 Solo travel in Australia -- not sure where to go!
- 18 Need Help On French Polynesia Trip in June.
- 19 New Zealand-Trip Report-30 Days North & South Island
- 20 Two day South Coast & Southern Highlands loop - restaurant reccos please.
- 21 Sydney or Melbourne for wine tour?
- 22 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 2
- 23 Southern Highlands vs Hunter Valley
- 24 New Zealand Trip Planning
- 25 Brisbane Airpot Hotel advice