I'm helping my aunt coordinate a trip to Australia. She'll be visiting a friend in Sydney but then wanted to explore Adelaide, Uluru, Alice Springs, Melbourne and the Great Ocean Road. She'd like to do an organized tour - that's not the way I travel and I know it's not the way most people here travel, especially for Australia, but my Aunt has certain limitations that mean she needs to be on an organized tour (nothing that would stand out as odd to others, but she is not capable of independent travel and I think it would worry our family if she spent more than a day or so on her own).
She's in her early 50s and definitely doesn't want a backpacker party tour, which there seem to be a lot of. She is very friendly but would do better in a smallish group. Any recommendations? Thank you!!
Organized tour options for solo middle-aged traveller
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 2 Honeymoon in Australia - Sydney
- 3 Review our NZ Itinerary please
- 4 First trip to NZ (2 weeks in Dec/Jan)
- 5 Skiing for beginners
- 6 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 7 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 8 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 9 New Zealand: Cruise vs. Land
- 10 Itinerary Help
- 11 I've been, I've been to the Land Down Under...
- 12 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 13 Packing List
- 14 Abel - Kayak and Walk / Timing Questions
- 15 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 16 Sydney and Auckland
- 17 Internet access
- 18 Night Out Byron Bay
- 19 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 20 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 21 10 days itinerary
- 22 Fremantle my love..
- 23 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 24 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 25 Books?