My Husband has been sponsored by an Australian Company to work on Sydney's North Shore, so we're moving this December from Metro Detroit. We will be living there for at least a year, probably longer.
We have been to Australia for 3 weeks previously in 2004 (loved every minute), visiting Sydney, Adeliade, taking the Ghan to Alice Springs, Uluru, and Palm Cove (including the awesome Daintree Air trip to Lizard).
We will be trying to make the most of our time there, so I need suggestions for weekend trips and some longer trips as well (since he will get generous vacation time).
We're in our mid-forties, good health, love adventure type stuff, and will have a car at our disposal. We are also bringing our Mountain Bikes.
I would also love suggestions for great experiences in and near Sydney as well.
On our to-do list already is the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne in March, learning to surf at Manly, cooking classes at the Sydney Fish Market, hiking in Kings Canyon.
Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 NORTON@ password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 How to Travel on a Cruise on a Budget
- 3 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 4 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 5 Wholesale Printed Bags
- 6 FP +/- NZ 14 day trip
- 7 Western Australia (Denmark and New Norcia)
- 8 Blue Mountains - Travel Report
- 9 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 10 East coast australia itinerary - feedback please!
- 11 2 days in Auckland
- 12 Haast Village stay advice needed
- 13 New Zealand rough itinerary (wheelchair accessible)
- 14 Surprises in Australia
- 15 Help me understand how going through customs works!
- 16 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 17 Would love your feedback on possible N.Z. itinerary
- 18 GBR - help me plan a perfect trip!
- 19 "Aerial New Zealand"
- 20 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 21 South Australia in 2 weeks
- 22 5 nights in Sydney
- 23 New Zealand Itinerary Questions
- 24 Best places to travel in Australia
- 25 Auckland Airport to Auckland City