My Husband has been sponsored by an Australian Company to work on Sydney's North Shore, so we're moving this December from Metro Detroit. We will be living there for at least a year, probably longer.
We have been to Australia for 3 weeks previously in 2004 (loved every minute), visiting Sydney, Adeliade, taking the Ghan to Alice Springs, Uluru, and Palm Cove (including the awesome Daintree Air trip to Lizard).
We will be trying to make the most of our time there, so I need suggestions for weekend trips and some longer trips as well (since he will get generous vacation time).
We're in our mid-forties, good health, love adventure type stuff, and will have a car at our disposal. We are also bringing our Mountain Bikes.
I would also love suggestions for great experiences in and near Sydney as well.
On our to-do list already is the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne in March, learning to surf at Manly, cooking classes at the Sydney Fish Market, hiking in Kings Canyon.
Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!!
Opportunity of a lifetime...Moving to Sydney!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Tasmania Itinerary Question
- 2 Yarra Valley Wineries
- 3 Fireworks Festival - A "MUST DO"
- 4 So much good wine, so little time; South Australia's Limestone Coast
- 5 Katoomba vs. Leura vs ... ????
- 6 Song doc - one for you
- 7 Hey, Bokhara2 and cathies, need restaurant recommendations
- 8 North Island - 5 days - Wellington - Auckland
- 9 Jet Star?
- 10 Aussie Trip Report: No cities, no worries
- 11 Melbourne, Adelaide, Tasmania in which order?
- 12 dinner cruise in sydney harbor
- 13 Air New Zealand & Virgin Australia Baggage Limits
- 14 dinner cruise in sydney harbor
- 15 New Zealand South Island Itinerary
- 16 Itinerary Planning
- 17 8 Day South Island Itinerary in Oct
- 18 NZ Itinerary from Christchurch to Queenstown in 8 days
- 19 Suggestions/ Tips request for 15 Days trip to South Island New Zealand
- 20 NZ South Island Plan
- 21 Tahiti, Cooks Islands or Fiji 20th Anniversary trip
- 22 Campervan help please!
- 23 Campervan/Motorhomes vs Car hire in New Zealand
- 24 suggested 6 day itinerary for South island New Zealand in December
- 25 Wicked Camper: DON'T ever hire from them!!!!!!!!!!