My Husband has been sponsored by an Australian Company to work on Sydney's North Shore, so we're moving this December from Metro Detroit. We will be living there for at least a year, probably longer.
We have been to Australia for 3 weeks previously in 2004 (loved every minute), visiting Sydney, Adeliade, taking the Ghan to Alice Springs, Uluru, and Palm Cove (including the awesome Daintree Air trip to Lizard).
We will be trying to make the most of our time there, so I need suggestions for weekend trips and some longer trips as well (since he will get generous vacation time).
We're in our mid-forties, good health, love adventure type stuff, and will have a car at our disposal. We are also bringing our Mountain Bikes.
I would also love suggestions for great experiences in and near Sydney as well.
On our to-do list already is the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne in March, learning to surf at Manly, cooking classes at the Sydney Fish Market, hiking in Kings Canyon.
Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!!
Opportunity of a lifetime...Moving to Sydney!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help
- 2 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 3 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 4 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 5 I've been, I've been to the Land Down Under...
- 6 Packing List
- 7 Abel - Kayak and Walk / Timing Questions
- 8 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 9 Sydney and Auckland
- 10 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 11 Internet access
- 12 Night Out Byron Bay
- 13 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 14 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 15 10 days itinerary
- 16 Fremantle my love..
- 17 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 18 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 19 Books?
- 20 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 21 Choosing a Visa
- 22 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 23 One spare day in Darwin
- 24 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 25 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas