My Husband has been sponsored by an Australian Company to work on Sydney's North Shore, so we're moving this December from Metro Detroit. We will be living there for at least a year, probably longer.
We have been to Australia for 3 weeks previously in 2004 (loved every minute), visiting Sydney, Adeliade, taking the Ghan to Alice Springs, Uluru, and Palm Cove (including the awesome Daintree Air trip to Lizard).
We will be trying to make the most of our time there, so I need suggestions for weekend trips and some longer trips as well (since he will get generous vacation time).
We're in our mid-forties, good health, love adventure type stuff, and will have a car at our disposal. We are also bringing our Mountain Bikes.
I would also love suggestions for great experiences in and near Sydney as well.
On our to-do list already is the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne in March, learning to surf at Manly, cooking classes at the Sydney Fish Market, hiking in Kings Canyon.
Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://www.mindextra.com/aussie-method-australia/
- 2 Looking For Qantas Points
- 3 Perfecting my NZ Itinerary
- 4 Add Mt Cook or not.
- 5 Sydney Airport Transportation Suggestions
- 6 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 7 Western Australia (Denmark and New Norcia)
- 8 Itinerary questions on dream holiday
- 9 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 10 Real estate question
- 11 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 12 Food to Try Out
- 13 Whale Watching - Port Stephens NSW vs. Hervey Bay QLD
- 14 Queenstown-Mt Cook road
- 15 7 night NZ, south island for active couple
- 16 Wainui Falls
- 17 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 18 Sydney Neighborhood for Nightlight and Sightseeing
- 19 Come join me on Rapa Nui, or Easter Island...
- 20 More authentic experience of Maori culture
- 21 Day trips from Wellington
- 22 2-week NZ Itinerary Questions
- 23 Agrodome Farm Tour
- 24 Recommended length of time for mother to visit me in NZ?
- 25 Please help create an itinerary in NZ's SI