My Husband has been sponsored by an Australian Company to work on Sydney's North Shore, so we're moving this December from Metro Detroit. We will be living there for at least a year, probably longer.
We have been to Australia for 3 weeks previously in 2004 (loved every minute), visiting Sydney, Adeliade, taking the Ghan to Alice Springs, Uluru, and Palm Cove (including the awesome Daintree Air trip to Lizard).
We will be trying to make the most of our time there, so I need suggestions for weekend trips and some longer trips as well (since he will get generous vacation time).
We're in our mid-forties, good health, love adventure type stuff, and will have a car at our disposal. We are also bringing our Mountain Bikes.
I would also love suggestions for great experiences in and near Sydney as well.
On our to-do list already is the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne in March, learning to surf at Manly, cooking classes at the Sydney Fish Market, hiking in Kings Canyon.
Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1:888:260:2909 Password Reset CONTACT ☎ YAHOO TEC*h 24*7
- 2 New Zealand South Island 15 Nights Itinerary
- 3 Milford Sound (Fly! Cruise! Fly!) - Travel Report
- 4 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 5 Australia for two weeks.
- 6 Palau Travel Report
- 7 Queenstown vs Christchurch
- 8 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 1 - Travel Report
- 9 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 10 Antarctica Penguin Disaster
- 11 7 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 12 Visa
- 13 Guam Travel Report
- 14 New Zealand Car Hire
- 15 Tasmania itinerary
- 16 McLaren Vale in South Australia as base for 4 days?
- 17 Research on Australian Tourism
- 18 Australia and NZ visit!
- 19 12 Days in S.I. NZ
- 20 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 21 Cheap Flights to Bangkok from Gold Coast
- 22 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 23 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 24 Recommended guidebooks
- 25 Need Some suggestions on South Island