My Husband has been sponsored by an Australian Company to work on Sydney's North Shore, so we're moving this December from Metro Detroit. We will be living there for at least a year, probably longer.
We have been to Australia for 3 weeks previously in 2004 (loved every minute), visiting Sydney, Adeliade, taking the Ghan to Alice Springs, Uluru, and Palm Cove (including the awesome Daintree Air trip to Lizard).
We will be trying to make the most of our time there, so I need suggestions for weekend trips and some longer trips as well (since he will get generous vacation time).
We're in our mid-forties, good health, love adventure type stuff, and will have a car at our disposal. We are also bringing our Mountain Bikes.
I would also love suggestions for great experiences in and near Sydney as well.
On our to-do list already is the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne in March, learning to surf at Manly, cooking classes at the Sydney Fish Market, hiking in Kings Canyon.
Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 2 South Island - 8 days
- 3 5 days in South Island
- 4 North Island-New Zealand help?
- 5 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 6 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 7 Getting around South Island NZ without a Car?
- 8 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 9 west and north Tasmania
- 10 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 11 Trip to Cairns
- 12 Beers in Oz
- 13 NZ visa denials
- 14 Brisbane to Sydney
- 15 Vini SIM card?
- 16 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 17 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 18 New Zealand Itinerary
- 19 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 20 Help on Itinerary
- 21 Sydney Trip
- 22 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 23 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 24 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 25 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne